• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck just posted something Bartman-related on his Facenook

Status
Not open for further replies.

atr0cious

why would there already be footage for the batman solo movie?

Look at the suit, there are many little things, like the bandana twirling that could be cgi. This could be a lighting test to see how it all looks in an environment, which is why it has different light sources behind him. You do this, so when the actual filming starts, your assets already ready, and you can kind of plunk it in and then work with it instead of having to worry about lighting and whatnot in post.

Loxley

I just wanna see Deathstroke kick a sword into someone's chest.

P2IrW5s.gif

Cardon

Costume looks great. I'm thinking this could be potential test footage that they're doing now out of convenience, access to sets, equipment etc., similar to how that Flash sequence in Suicide Squad was shot in London with Zack Snyder while Justice League was going on.

Doubt Ben would blow up a surprise like this so this could be a test of sorts to drum up interest rather than spoil a big JL reveal.

J_Viper

why would there already be footage for the batman solo movie?

This is probably only test footage

Batfleck is supposedly slated for 2019, so I assume filing will be begin next year, meaning it can be in very early pre-production.

They're not gonna test out costumes the week before shooting.

Slayven

I really hope they use nth metal to enhance his abilities. Do not use mirakuru

Promethium
Promethium is also capable of generating and absorbing near-limitless amounts of energy, and so can be used as a power source for many gadgets. However, this "volatile promethium" is a dangerous mutagen that can be used to mutate living beings or trigger their metagene. Dayton used it when creating the super-powered criminals known as Hybrid. Deathstroke the Terminator's mesh armour, sword and staff are made (either wholly or in part) of volatile promethium. He is likely able to use these weapons without suffering the negative sides effects as a result of his healing factor.

shoreu

Promethium

Ahh they changed it in Nu.

Forgot it was just his sword that was nth metal a first right?

He basically wanted to steal hawkmans nth metal because it now too gives you powers.

I'm down for either just don't use the cocane steroids lol

Slayven

Ahh they changed it in Nu.

Forgot it was just his sword that was nth metal a first right?

He basically wanted to steal hawkmans nth metal because it now too gives you powers.

I'm down for either just don't use the cocane steroids lol

Nah he never fucked with Nth metal at all in the comics

Alienous

I've just woken up to this. That is video game footage, isn't it (nothing's really shifting around as he walks)?

I was wondering if it was WB Montreal's thing, but they've already designed a better Deathstroke than that. So, Injustice 2 then? The poor helmet design makes sense now.

EDIT:
Saw the non-gif, and the lower straps are moving around. I don't even know what's going on.

Slayven

WHAT?
This isn't Twitter you know?

Hmm interesting, I guess because of Young Justice, I think of Sportsmaster as a bigger baddie

even Young Justice was a step down.

sportsmaster1.jpg

sportsmaster2.jpg

He took down one of the most powerful metahumans on earth with a bat. A metahuman made from all the wild magic that existed in the universe at the dawn of time!!

Who is weak against wood

Deathstroke X batman solo movie would be hype

Deathstroke escapes from jail and goes after batman and locks him in arkham in a cat and mouse type of movie

firelogic

Look at the suit, there are many little things, like the bandana twirling that could be cgi. This could be a lighting test to see how it all looks in an environment, which is why it has different light sources behind him. You do this, so when the actual filming starts, your assets already ready, and you can kind of plunk it in and then work with it instead of having to worry about lighting and whatnot in post.

It's for Justice League because that's the movie that's currently filming. It's definitely not the solo Batman movie because it doesn't even have a script yet. And why would he be doing a preproduction costume test for a movie with no script WHILE he's filming Justice League?

Dalek

Deathstroke looks badass. Definitely doesn't look like Snyder's style though-so maybe this is test footage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom