• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk launches this fall in the west

dan2026

l_578c881543943.jpg

Fuck Serpico and Schierke.

LIZARDMEN!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yo what? We getting the full Hawk of the Millenium Arc?
Looks like it. Those alligator things don't show up until volume 26 or 27 or so.

l_578c881543943.jpg

Fuck Serpico and Schierke.

LIZARDMEN!

YOO.. YOOOOOOOOOO. This is going past Grundbeld vs Guts?!??!? I'm sooo excited. The game will be going beyond expectations if that's the case.

Screenshots also showed Mozgus. The game won't be skipping Tower of Conviction arc that the PS2 game skipped. This is all too good to be true!

Momentary

Banned
I play Dragon Quest Heroes with a GTX 970 on Windows 10 using an X1 wireless controller. No special compatibility configuration or anything, I didn't tweak anything fancy, I'm using default max settings. I've only (?) spent 22 hours on it, but it runs perfectly, with great performance, no crashes, and superior visuals to the console releases. No resolution support above 1080p is all I can reasonably complain about. It's a great port, if Berserk is the same I'll be completely satisfied.

I don't really have any interest in it, but Arslan is supposed to be an even better port.

Like I said, by all means people should be pessimistic. That's absolutely fair. Omega Force has released a lot of cruddy PC ports. But they have been getting better, and this idea that they simply can't do the platform right is false. That's all I'm arguing against, we don't need to spin up a narrative that the Berserk port is inherently doomed.

(In my eyes DOA5 is actually one of their worst ports. Ignoring visual issues, online remains borked and still doesn't even let you play games with friends. Inexcusable.)

Good thing you don't have a mobile GPU with NV Optimus. Every game of theirs is busted on both my 960m, 980m. My buddy has a 970m and has the same issues on Dragon Quest. They simply can't do right on laptop grade GPUs. Other games from Japanese companies have issues on mobile GPUs on release day too. The only thing different between Koei Tecmo and other companies like Degica, Arc System Works, Idea Factory, etc. is that they actually release patches to fix their games. Koei doesn't release jack shit except stupid ass costumes. I just started up Dragon Quest for shits and giggles just now and the X1 controller doesn't function properly, no fullscreen, frame pacing is ridiculously bad, and a diagonal tear across both screens from some fucked up v-sync issue. Yep. But I'm happy that it works on your desktop GPU. That's fantastic bro.

Anyway. I'm currently posting this now just because of Samurai Warriors 4-II crashing and I was reminded about how I'm dreading the Berserk release. But I'll have my Titan X by then and I can say good buy to gaming on a these laptops. Maybe I'll even try to sit down and finish Dragon Quest.

5taquitos

YOO.. YOOOOOOOOOO. This is going past Grundbeld vs Guts?!??!? I'm sooo excited. The game will be going beyond expectations if that's the case.

Screenshots also showed Mozgus. The game won't be skipping Tower of Conviction arc that the PS2 game skipped. This is all too good to be true!
I fucking loved Tower of Conviction! Stoked meter rising.

Gitaroo

this game barely get any coverage and it is out very soon. A full length gameplay trailer would have been nice.

this game barely get any coverage and it is out very soon. A full length gameplay trailer would have been nice.
I'll pre-order it the second it goes up on amazon, but let's be honest - it'll generally play like any other musou game except with a berserker armor gauge or whatever.

Rakuyo

Neo Member

Yeah, i'm also very surprised by the lack of information and media for this game when it shall release in a few weeks/months.
Any way, can't wait to play it!

Top Bottom