• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy $25 off $100 with Visa Checkout (Stacks with GCU)

Relique

Be careful with cancelling orders in the future, if you have orders where some games have shipped out. I just cancelled some games from my last visa promotion ($10 off of 100), and I just noticed that I got charged for the discount I received on the games I have from those orders.

For example, the game I received... I got a $4.80 off promotion, but because I cancelled the game I didn't receive yet, they billed me $4.80 because of cancelling the promotion.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure to cancel in pairs if I ever do. If I only want to cancel one it might be better to just keep the order and sell off the extra copy.

Yeah for me it showed the discount until I hit place order and it reverted back/removed the promotion. So I had to make sure I was over $100 for it to actually work.

Okay, that's what the problem was. I just threw some Animal Crossing cards in there to bring it over $100. My wife is getting Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer from my son, so now she has something to use with it. Thanks again!

Rookhelm

I'm trying to pre-order Last Guardian.

I logged in with Visa Checkout, added my credit card to it, and I'm using $15 in certificates (and GCU).

Not getting any sort of Visa Checkout promo (even less than $25 like some people are saying)

am I doing this right?

I'm trying to pre-order Last Guardian.

I logged in with Visa Checkout, added my credit card to it, and I'm using $15 in certificates (and GCU).

Not getting any sort of Visa Checkout promo (even less than $25 like some people are saying)

am I doing this right?

you can't use certificate or gift card

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Preordered from Best Buy:
MLB The Show 17
Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe
Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe
Red Dead Redemption 2
Spiderman
Detroit Become Human
Edit:
Persona 5
God of War

Already had prepaid on Amazon:
Kingdom Hearts III $40.00 (price error in 2015)
Gran Turismo Sport
Horizon Zero Dawn

Waiting on trade in credit to get FFXV.

Not a bad haul.

My haul:

Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XV
Last Guardian
Red Dead 2
Mass Effect Andromeda
Horizon
Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5
God of War
Persona 5
Resident Evil 7
Nier Automata
Spiderman
South Park FBH

Pretty set for the next year or so.

goldenpp72

For anyone worried, so far a lot of my orders have shipped, I had about a dozen of them and multiple items of each have shipped, so they don't seem too upset by it anyways.

Sweet, just saved a shitload with this. 10 orders, so that's 250 bucks on top of GCU savings.

Persona 5 Premium Edition
Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age
For Honor
Horizon Zero Dawn
Resident Evil 7
Nioh
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
Digimon World: Next Order
Tales of Berseria
Nier Automata
Gravity Rush 2
The Last Guardian
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Yakuza 0
Max Effect Andromeda Deluxe Edition
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 HD ReMIX
Red Dead Redemption 2
Days Gone
Kingdom Hearts 3
God of War

I was also going to put FF7 Remake, Spider-man, Detroit Become Human, and Zelda BotW on it, but I ran out of room on my card until those orders clear off lol.

Nice. Already had preordered Resident Evil with GCU and $30 in gift certificates so didn't use this deal [cancelling and then waiting for gift certificates to become available again is a pain].

I did use it however to order:
God of War
FF 7 remake
Horizon Zero Dawn
Mass Effect Andromeda

All for a grand total of $152. I might even get some $10 gift certificates down the road for these. Worse case scenario is that for any of these that I may not be into after purchase I can trade in for almost no loss.

LiK

holy crap, glad i whined about it. just canceled and reordered with the discount. this is amazing. thanks guys.

Jamaro85

Worse case scenario is that for any of these that I may not be into after purchase I can trade in for almost no loss.

Exactly. My main concern with this was ordering games that are nowhere near one another with release date, getting the first game, then deciding that I no longer want the second game before it comes out. I'd hate to cancel the order on the second game and then get charged back for the entire discount. But with how cheap the games come out to there is no risk as you can easily trade in/sell the game on eBay and get your money back (and some extra on top I'm sure).

Jamaro85

gravity rush 2 and Nioh still dont have release dates

i swear they hire chimps to run the videogame section

also cant pre order them

Weird, others in here have mentioned using the deal to pre-order those, and it's letting me add them to the cart.

Edit: I see what you mean with both having no release date though, and I agree that it's a little lazy of them to not have that up to date.

Damn I already pre ordered both Horizon Collectors edition and Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe edition together almost 2 weeks ago. With GCU it came out around $159.

Do you think Best Buy would honor this deal if I contact them?

Top Bottom