• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best fast, free image host to replace IMGUR since it went to shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

That's fine it just usually seems to coincide with their main service going to shit.
Where they start cutting corners to maximize profits. Usually comes with some awful ui redesign just to justify the design departments existence

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Imgur's two biggest issues for me are the mobile site desperately trying to convince you to use the less useful app and the fact that if you navigate to an image you didn't upload, you can't generate a useful img or html link.

malfcn

I don't want to download the app, and don't even know how to upload an image without switching to desktop version. Other then they, imgur had worked for my needs.

dhonk

I use my own web storage + sharex to FTP to it. Its fucking excellent and I can upload anything / basically any size I want. (Uploaded a 20gb zip for a friend the other day.) Again this isnt free but I have total control. Guys if you arent using Sharex btw, youre doing it wrong.

120 bucks a year, got rid of dropbox which is shit tier now that they got rid of the Public folder. (Seriously fuck Dropbox these days.)

Apathy

This is what I use for Imgur uploads (apart from also using Abload):

imageuploaderdemosnjd4.gif

Image Uploader. Adds context menu upload for single/multiple files, complete with BBCode formatting auto addition. Portable version available.

Mentioned in the avatar OT but didn't add it to the OP since it requires a tiny addition to get it working with Imgur after an API change last year and the author hasn't updated it to include the fix available. Follow these steps to get Imgur support working with it again.

I did the steps in that post to put the new folder and server xml in and uploading to imgur didn't work

This is what I use for Imgur uploads (apart from also using Abload):

imageuploaderdemosnjd4.gif

Image Uploader. Adds context menu upload for single/multiple files, complete with BBCode formatting auto addition. Portable version available.

Mentioned in the avatar OT but didn't add it to the OP since it requires a tiny addition to get it working with Imgur after an API change last year and the author hasn't updated it to include the fix available. Follow these steps to get Imgur support working with it again.

waifu2x??

Coreda

I did the steps in that post to put the new folder and server xml in and uploading to imgur didn't work

Yeah, it's been broken for about a month, unfortunately. Was fine previously. If there's a newer fix I'll update the post, thanks for reminding me. For the time being I'm using ShareX for this, though I much prefer the interface of Image Uploader.

waifu2x??

As posted above it's an image upscaler that's suited specifically for line art style illustrations (including related things like raster images of typefaces). It's also useful for denoising some images, without scaling. I set a context menu command for the default scaling options since it's quicker than using the GUI.

Coreda

Follow-up to the last post: found an updated fix by the same dev who posted the original fix.

Download his fork of Image Uploader here. We'll be only grabbing a couple files from it to update the original version of Image Uploader (since the fork's UI defaults to Russian, and adds Russian-only context menu items if the program is launched).

Extract the 7zip archive into a new folder then in the Data folder copy the servers.xml file and paste it in the same folder from the original Image Uploader location, replacing the original file.

Next in the same Data folder open the Scripts sub-folder and copy imgur.nut and paste it into the same folder from the original location.

Done. It will now function properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom