• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best sentence in a video game ever?

stuminus3

"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty... it's all the same once you're dead... and a corpse can't laugh." - Eddie, Silent Hill 2.

A recent favorite from RE7 Daughters dlc:

Jack:
"Cleanliness is next to godliness and your mother's pretty fuckin close to meeting him about now."
The delivery and eveything... loved it.

Dehnus

And im not necessary talking about popular line like ''All your base are belong to us'' but rather, a phrase that you remember that really mean something to you.

I remember in the first Witcher game when Geralt speak with Abigail the witch:

Abigail: "You Witchers carry two swords: ordinary steel and blade of silver for monsters."
And Geralt replies: "They're both for monsters."

SNK's whole library :).

firelogic

Darksiders

"You would wage this war alone?"
"No...Not alone."
-as you see 3 streaks of light falling, signifying War's brothers, Death, Strife, and Fury.

Cepheus

The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world.

This. G-Man in general is fascinating to listen to.

Also, Gill's line when you reach the final boss fight in Street Fighter 3 Third Strike is pretty memorable.

"The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA..."

Followed by his clothes evaporating, and the fight begins.

sackninja

Uncharted 3 (I think) : "We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real greatness is what you do with the hand you're dealt."

Final Fantasy Xv also has a few that stick out because I played it recently
"The throne brings you here? It seats only one" "Off my chair Jester, the King sits there."

Oh also like a ton from Danganronpa games, like half of what Kyoko and Nagito say.

"What? What does that even mean? You're gonna kill my dick? I'll kill your dick! How 'bout that, huh?"

Bulletstorm. Billions of lines.

CAR105 3

Kain from Soul Reaver 2

At the Corruption of the Pillars:
But suppose you throw a coin enough times... ...suppose one day, it lands on its edge.

At the meeting in the Sarafan stronghold.
There is much more for you to unearth, if you have the heart for the truth and the will to see it...

Uriel from Datksiders 2
I Uriel of the Hellguard, Champion of the white city-- call you Horseman, to Nex Sacramentum.

Aybabtu.png

Popular meme about 10 years ago. Damn I feel old.

And im not necessary talking about popular line like ''All your base are belong to us'' but rather, a phrase that you remember that really mean something to you.

I remember in the first Witcher game when Geralt speak with Abigail the witch:

Abigail: "You Witchers carry two swords: ordinary steel and blade of silver for monsters."
And Geralt replies: "They're both for monsters."

Aybabtu.png

Popular meme about 10 years ago. Damn I feel old.

lol

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
"I grow tired of these peons who spread TRUTH like DISEASE!"
-Blank, Space Channel 5

"Git y'self a hawt dawg!"
-Rudy, Funhouse

Toni

"Aah, you were at my side, all along.

My true mentor...

My guiding moonlight..."

dont know about all time but that always gives me chills combined with the music.

And then, standard Miyazaki practice, the player that slays Ludwig and who is thus, more powerful than Ludwig, barely gets to do all the moonlight abilities Ludwig displayed.

We got a nerfed ass version instead. Its a habit Miyazaki seriously needs to kick, imo.

Mine unfortunately never made it to release. But in the early PS2 / Wii versions of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, there was this exchange:

(The Apprentice walks into a bar)
Bartender: What are you having?
The Apprentice: Information...on the rocks.

The scene got cut late in development, presumably because of all the mocking it recieved. Shame, it was my team's favorite scene. Even had a bottle of 18 year single malt I labeled "Information" sitting on my desk, waiting to be opened for the "We've shipped" celebratory drink.

Skitso78

Sovereign from Mass Effect: We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

MisterP

Banned
Thought provoking stuff from Resi 1...

Barry: I'm going to find out what caused Forest's death. It looks like he was killed by a crow or something!

Barry: It's a weapon. It's really powerful, especially against living things.

Wesker: Don’t be a hard dog to keep under the porch, Barry.

Barry: We should start from the first floor, okay? And, Jill, here's a lock pick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.

Barry: That was too close! You were almost a Jill sandwich!

Jill: You're right. Barry, thanks for saving my life!

elhav

"You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you"

This piece of dialog always gives me shivers. When all you see and meet in Demon's Souls is mad and broken, this line and side story's impact is amplified tenfold.

"Where's Yu Jian?!"

"Interesting question. And if I wasn't dying, maybe you could torture me and find out. But as I am dying, I can happily tell you to go fuck yourself."

- GTA Chinatown Wars

Nottle

From mgs2

"Life isn't just about passing on your genes. We can leave behind much more than just DNA. Through speech, music, literature and movies... what we've seen, heard, felt... anger, joy and sorrow... these are the things I will pass on. That's what I live for. We need to pass the torch, and let our children read our messy and sad history by its light. We have all the magic of the digital age to do that with. The human race will probably come to an end some time, and new species may rule over this planet. Earth may not be forever, but we still have the responsibility to leave what traces of life we can. Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing."
and from MGSV
"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea.
I will always be with you"

Reallly shows Snakes dedication to his men. its maybe the most heartbreaking scene in the game.

Top Bottom