• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best/Underrated Original Xbox games that are not Backwards Compatible

dave_d

Speevy said:
Yeah, it's not like it's hard to get an original Xbox for these games.

Yeah I have one. My problem is finding room to put the thing since the original XBox is kind of big. (I know there's a joke about how huge it is but it really is kind of big.) To make matters worse the top of it isn't flat. If it were I could have put it in a stack of other AV equipment. I guess a couple of options would be small shelves so I could do the stack that way. Either that or get a replacement case that's flat on the top so I can stack it.

Oh that and the fact if you play games on the old XBox they're 480P at best. (From what I remember BC games on the 360 play at the default res of my 360.)

Aaron

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Wow zero mentions for Spikeout Xtreme.

I have a sealed copy but no Xbox 1 =(.
This game was the shit in its hayday, playing four player co-op brawling madness with everyone trying to unlock characters (like 32 of them), and testing out those characters to see what kind of funky hidden moves they had. So good, and there's been no game since that's been remotely like it, sadly. Even more sadly I lost my full unlocked save.

Also, the only way to fail to eject in Steel Battalion is to fall asleep. The controller goes crazy, and the eject button lights up, giving you more than enough time to bail. It's one of those games that I keep meaning to replay from the start, but never got around to.

Though Otogi 1 and 2 are still my favorites of this bunch. If I pop one of those in, I'm bound to play for at least an hour. Can't help myself.

I think im gonna take mine apart today and clean out the dvd drive lens. it's got one of those unreliable thompsons and I can't get JSRF to boot :(

IrishNinja

iconoclast said:
You can still play the Gamecube, Dreamcast and PC versions online via schtserv. Lots of people still play it too (primarily the PC version, as far as I know).

whoah, really? /mindblown. now i wish i had my save with opa-opa, took me forever to get that little guy.

I was actually going to buy Stranger's Wrath recently for $5 at Best Buy, but when I found out it wasn't backwards compatible, I didn't. Sucks. Grabbed by the Ghoulies isn't backwards compatible either I don't think.

Top Bottom