• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best use of the share button so far

robot

The moment i realized how awesome this feature was when I accidentally threw a full court shot in NBA 2K14 and it went in. That shit went right on to FB.

not exactly, no. it sort of works like the 3DS or the Wii U. there are *certain* things you can do while playing a game, like using the web browser or editing a video.

But the webbrowser doesn't suspend the game, this was different, it warned about the suspension and it even took 2-3 seconds to suspend it (probably saving the memory).

But the webbrowser doesn't suspend the game, this was different, it warned about the suspension and it even took 2-3 seconds to suspend it (probably saving the memory).

it's the only place in the system where it happens right now. it's not the PSP Go like suspend we're all waiting for.

Actually when you think about it the share function will be brilliant during testing and debugging for developers.

No more bug write ups, now you just grab video of the bug you found and upload it - send it to the team. Same when the game releases. Find a bug? Grab video of it and send it out there. Will be easy for devs to see what the situation is, in what circumstance the situation happens and how often it happens.

I love the share function.

SKF0rvK.gif

Vidpixel

People were pretty down on the "Share" button when it was first revealed, but I think it's one of the coolest new features of the system. Streaming is insanely easy and intuitive as well.

RaikuHebi

Banned
When was it ever condemned? It's been my favorite feature of the controller since the function was leaked.
I don't use Social Media, it is weird for me to consider there is a button devoted to it. I already hate share buttons strewn across the internet.

Also of course the classic trope of a lifetime gamer being mad at change that seems to cater more to the mainstream.

However I like the fact we can record gameplay as easily as GiantBomb demonstrated.

stuminus3

The glitch videos that come from the PS4 share function are going to be tremendous, I love it.

In other news, I can't believe that's what Madden looks like on PS4. It's horrible!

RaikuHebi

Banned
Need gif support.
Add commentary or picture over picture is useful too.
Your comment on gifs made me realise it would probably be possible to save peoples reactions to games haha.

The Banderas train will choo choo hard at all the next-gen story twists.

can you share any length vid? did it have to be so long?

The edit menu showed that you could cut it in 10 second intervals, so it's probably at least 10 seconds all the way up to 15 minutes. But maybe if you just double click Share (or whatever shortcut you have) it will start a new video which I assume will stop once you press Share again. So it could probably be just a couple of seconds as well.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Sorry to the people that buy this game. You are part of the reason we get this game instead of one with effort. Thanks!

Another lazy EA "effort" Apparently Kapernick doesn;t have his tattoos in Madden nextgen. How can you miss something like that for such a prominent player?

Actually I think I read a while back that the NFL prevented EA from putting tattoos in.

Just the NFL doing stupid shit to try to have a good "image".

Bravocado

Actually I think I read a while back that the NFL prevented EA from putting tattoos in.

Just the NFL doing stupid shit to try to have a good "image".

Wasn't the tattoo issue also (or actually) due to the fact that some high-profile tattoo artists put a copyright on their work? I remember this story a few years back where one tried to sue because nobody had asked his permission to reproduce his ink on an in-game model. Details are a bit fuzzy though.

I don't use Social Media, it is weird for me to consider there is a button devoted to it. I already hate share buttons strewn across the internet.

Also of course the classic trope of a lifetime gamer being mad at change that seems to cater more to the mainstream.

However I like the fact we can record gameplay as easily as GiantBomb demonstrated.

You're on a internet forum right now, that's social media. But even if you don't care at all about Facebook or Twitter, the "share" button can still be used to capture and record your favorite gaming moments for you're own personal record. Just create a throw-away Facebook account to upload them to and on your computer you can download and catalog everything, or upload it to another site like GAF.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Instructions are in my YT video description. Copied and pasted:

1. Share to Facebook.
2. Go to the video on Facebook in a web browser.
3. Copy the Facebook URL.
4. Go to http://en.savefrom.net
5. Paste in the Facebook URL and hit Enter.
6. Download the MP4 HD version.
7. Upload to YouTube!

This is handy for ios users too, as Facebook video still needs flash. If you long press on the HD or SD link and open it in a new tab, the video will play in safari.

Top Bottom