• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best water, current gen.

Zareka

iYHivtp05zpvj.gif
I would kill a man for a Sunshine remake with these graphics. Imagine how good it would look. Pleeeeeeease Nintendo!

Dunkley

I'm not the Miiverse guy but I love me some nice water effects in games, especially if they are real-time.

*subs thread*

Black Flag was my first game I played on current gen systems, but when GTAV remastered came out, it took the cake. Watchdogs had great water, also.

That "wow" factor when playing ACIV, though was so cool.

Xum0Wvd.gif.

GTA 5 for me. Watch Dogs Looks better from a tech standpoint, but it goes a bit overboard into "water doesn't actually look like that" territory. GTA 5 is incredible

Caayn

Looks great but do you have a non-photo mode version? Already had a rant with a few people on this but photo mode ups the IQ and LOD enough to not be representative of actual game play. Genuinely curious what it looks like normally
Can't get any closer to the car with the camera, does this help?

MiszMasz

Black Flag was my first game I played on current gen systems, but when GTAV remastered came out, it took the cake. Watchdogs had great water, also.

That "wow" factor when playing ACIV, though was so cool.

Xum0Wvd.gif.

It's not really current-gen in the way intended in this thread, but considering when it came out and the fact the PC version comes out in March, Rogue continued ACIV's nice water and improved it with the ice and aurora reflections and scenery.
acroguereview3.jpg

Even on the PS3/360, it can be very pretty.

It's not really current-gen in the way intended in this thread, but considering when it came out and the fact the PC version comes out in March, Rogue continued ACIV's nice water and improved it with the ice and aurora reflections and scenery.
acroguereview3.jpg

Even on the PS3/360, it can be very pretty.

The thread doesn't really get specific on what is current gen and what is not. These are games I have played on my current gen systems.

but I do see where you are coming from...

MiszMasz

The thread doesn't really get specific on what is current gen and what is not. These are games I have played on my current gen systems.

but I do see where you are coming from...

No no, you're spot on. IV is on current gen (i read it to mean anything on PS4 or One), i meant Rogue doesn't quite fit the spec in the same way.

pringles

When I was playing GTA V on 360 there was a moment where I emerged from below the surface, during night, the lights of the city reflected in the waves and I just sat there amazed for minutes. I can assume it looks even better in the current-gen version, gotta vote for that.

SystemUser

3D world doesn't do it for me because it's very obviously tiled.

I would kill a man for a Sunshine remake with these graphics. Imagine how good it would look. Pleeeeeeease Nintendo!

None of the gifs posted for SM3DW show water that is that much better than Super Mario Sunshine. Mario and the lighting are better, but that water doesn't blow away the Sunshine water. Maybe it is just being lost the gif. I haven't seen SM3DW running in person. I am also guessing that Sunshine allotted more of the performance budget to water compared to 3D World. Water had a starring role in Sunshine.

I'm a graphic whore and proud of it and good wAter always pops a visual boner

i have no words for what i just read.

To honor the topic....i really like the water in dying light and of course dragon age inquisition. The storm coast with that gorgeous and foamy water rocking around under the storm was a great and immersive moment for me.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I´m a freak of the waters for about like 10 years ago and specially water physics. I remember this begins from kameo and the water physics it have.Bf4 have a great water and physics.

Top Bottom