• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiryu2015

Quick read on the Abbey Road shot, which itself was the focus of many fan-touted theories and symbolism.

The original album showed the band walking to the right, towards the studio and the recording of what was always intended to be their final record ("Let It Be" was released later but recorded earlier). Jimmy and crew, walking towards the opposite direction, are headed directly towards what may be the first appearance of Saul.

Jimmy is in the same spot as Lennon. Like John, he is wearing the brightest clothing and has a white (makeup) collar. He also has some traits from Paul as he stands out being the only established character in the shot. On the original album cover, Paul notably stuck out from the rest (he was the only one out of step, the only one holding a cigarette and the only one who had his eyes closed) which many used as major proof for the "Paul is Dead" rumors--perhaps alluding to Jimmy's professional "death" to become Saul. I bet the only visible license plate in the background is also noteworthy but I can't read it clearly on my DVR recording (the original cover had one license plate "LMW 28IF", which was read as "Linda McCartney Weeps / 28 [years old] if" Paul were alive).

The other three aren't as interesting (at least I haven't given two of them much thought) but their order makes sense. The two camera crew guys are in the place of Ringo and George, the rhythm section of the group (I know by this point George was quite the songwriter and would have th earliest post-Beatles success but the crew hasn't been distinguished enough to make those comparisons).

The makeup girl, whom I don't remembering seeing before, is the exception. She is in the original Paul spot and he stood out for the reasons above. The new character also pointed out that Rupert Holmes is English, which allowed Jimmy to improvise that additional nuance into his story to buy them time. She was also literally making him appear better on camera. This could be pointing to the symbolic nature of the Lennon/McCartney partnership where Lennon's wit and pragmatism were tempered by McCartney's creativity and vise-versa, highlighting Jimmy/Saul's ability to play off of others in order to be at his best.

Otherwise great episode and I can't wait for the finale tonight!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
"Vic the dick" xD

tumblr_n89q34n4Xp1rvzuioo7_250.gif

lol so good.

How many episodes are left?

Finale is tonight.

Ploid 3.0

Wow they are showing spoilers of the next episode during the commercial break. It's only a few minutes to go, we're already sold come on! I had to look away, but I couldn't mute.

rekameohs

Banned
Did Vince say in that interview that
they don't have a deal done with Giancarlo Esposito done yet
?
Yep, but that of course doesn't mean a passing reference to the character is out of the question. Heck, they could be playing coy and Esposito will make a guest appearance, which technically wouldn't mean that they'd need a season order him for him yet, until the season break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom