• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

BizzyBum

I still can't believe how good this show is. And to think I doubted this when I first heard about it.

The only thing that eases the pain of this ending is having GoT start up this weekend.

I don't think he could have gotten to Mike's car to leave the note fast enough. I do think he probably knew what he was planning though. It was hard to tell but it kind of looked like he was looking in Mike's direction as he stood between him and Hector
Let's follow the clues. A tree branch tooting mikes horn and leaving something literally of note. It's Mike's son.

If Gus were watching, why wouldn't he try to stop Mike when he was about to take the shot? Unless Gus was working with Nacho and knew Nacho would block the shot. And also knew that Mike wouldn't just kill Nacho and Tuco with one shot.

this makes the most sense. this is probably the beginning of Mike and Gus teaming up.

HoJu

If Gus were watching, why wouldn't he try to stop Mike when he was about to take the shot? Unless Gus was working with Nacho and knew Nacho would block the shot. And also knew that Mike wouldn't just kill Nacho and Tuco with one shot.

They were probably following Mike from far behind for some reason and had to be all mysterious for some reason and couldn't just walk up to him and say don't do this please. I don't know about all this. Hopefully there's an actual reason for that and not to just dick us around.

Ploid 3.0

Let's follow the clues. A tree branch tooting mikes horn and leaving something literally of note. It's Mike's son.

What if it's Future Mike. New Breaking Bad timeline with Future Mike keeping Mike awesome and aware of everything. Too bad Future Mike didn't live long enough to warn Mike of his death.

Hmm why would Gus want Tio alive? Aren't they rivals? Unless they have like an agreement of MAD if one of them were to be killed, just blame it on the guy that hates you lol

Hmm why would Gus want Tio alive? Aren't they rivals? Unless they have like an agreement of MAD if one of them were to be killed, just blame it on the guy that hates you lol
Maybe Gus has other plans for hector. Maybe Gus wants to get that revenge himself. We know it runs deep. That combined with maybe Gus wants to recruit mike.

Maybe Gus has other plans for hector. Maybe Gus wants to get that revenge himself. We know it runs deep. That combined with maybe Gus wants to recruit mike.

Hate that they left the audience with that curiosity, until the next season. Would have been cool if they introduced him right there at the end, just waiting in Mikes car blowing the horn haha.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Yeah. Assuming the note is from Gus, I think a big part of it is he just wants Hector to suffer, just based on what we saw in Breaking Bad. We know he relished telling him that all of the Cartel leaders died and that the last member of Hector's family was killed too. There was also the taunting at Casa Tranquila that seemed like a regular thing. I think he's just biding his time, but he wants to be the one to cause him all that pain because of what Hector did to him in the past. The mindset is that there are more ways to kill a man than shooting him.

HoJu

Yeah. Assuming the note is from Gus, I think a big part of it is he just wants Hector to suffer, just based on what we saw in Breaking Bad. We know he relished telling him that all of the Cartel leaders died and that the last member of Hector's family was killed too. There was also the taunting at Casa Tranquila that seemed like a regular thing. I think he's just biding his time, but he wants to be the one to cause him all that pain because of what Hector did to him in the past. The mindset is that there are more ways to kill a man than shooting him.

but why wouldn't he just personally tell Mike to please not shoot Hector instead of giving him enough time to do it? i mean the sniper scene was executed really well and was intense, but it doesn't make much sense.

Chuck is the goddamn MVP. As soon as Jimmy confessed I instantly realized Chuck got him. Thought Howard/the police was behind a curtain or that Chuck was even wearing a wire. Jimmy played himself.

Mike's part was whatever, not sure if "FRING'S BACK" staying a mystery would have helped it. The sniping part was somewhat tense but you know Hector/The Cousins aren't dying, and I didn't think the show would ice Nacho so early either.

Not sure where they go for season 3, it'll be interesting.

One more note: how the hell would Nacho and the other guy not notice Mike practically RIGHT BEHIND THEM after they go through the gate. Was that supposed to be misdirection that Nacho left the note? Even not knowing about the letters it would've made no sense.

Edit: One more one more note: I'm sorta excited that Chuck got Jimmy. Frank Grimes fucking won!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
but why wouldn't he just tell Mike to please not shoot Hector instead of giving him enough time to do it? i mean the sniper scene was executed really well and was intense, but it doesn't make much sense.

Yeah, it's more than a bit of a "TV moment" for sure. No argument there.

I'm guessing he had some kind of network of people watching (like Victor, whoever else) and it was a mixture of not wanting to expose themselves while also trying to stop him. Maybe they weren't sure that doing that to the car would work, but that was the best option they had outside of complete exposure. Just spitballing here.

shira

I would have preferred a no-electricity method like parrots. Oh well
tears.gif

HHM v M&W

Seems pretty obvious to me.

I'm sure a legal expert will write about it, but wouldn't that recording be unable to be used in court? The only way Chuck would be able to use it is to stoop to Jimmy's level (assuming it isn't credible evidence)

Edit: Never mind, skipped the last page of replies somehow. Chuck nailed him. #TeamChuck

Veelk

Banned
Goddammit, why did they have to end on THAT note, god DAMN it.

Great episode. I have a lot of stuff to say about Chuck that I can't right now because of homework, UGH.

I think the Chuck/Jimmy story is at an all time high right now and I do love how they ended the season with them.

I think Mike's story has gotten a bit corny lately though. There's still something kind of weird going on with his daughter-in-law that isn't really being addressed. The cousins' cartoonish-ness feels like less of a good fit here than in Breaking Bad. Mike seems to be acting sort of out of character, obsessing over Hector like this. And then these weird moments tonight like with the invisible car and the mysterious note, which felt like an unsatisfying way to end his seasonal arch (especially if we didn't have that "FRINGS BACK" hint).

It's not bad by any means, but I hope they tighten it up next season or else it's going to really start feeling weak next to Jimmy's story, and I'd hate it to start to feel like a nuisance or an action break or something.

Probably an unpopular opinion though, since for a while I think Mike was by far the more popular one. And he has had great moments, like when he dealt with the cartel members at his home, and the truck heist. It's just not quite as solid as it could be.

Bigfoot

I'm sure a legal expert will write about it, but wouldn't that recording be unable to be used in court? The only way Chuck would be able to use it is to stoop to Jimmy's level (assuming it isn't credible evidence)

Edit: Never mind, skipped the last page of replies somehow. Chuck nailed him. #TeamChuck
Jimmy could always say that he just said all of that to make Chuck feel better.

Also Gus didn't leave that note but it could have been from someone that works for Gus.

bender

What time is it?
Chuck is such a bastard. Loved the episode but Mike's plot line is starting to feel more and more flimsy.

It would be pretty easy to get the copy shop employee to admit he was paid off which would be pretty damning for Jimmy.

why did I watch that stupid Post show after the finale?

duh derp derp, did you get the secret message derp, derp.

uh hu spoil character reveal derp

Stupid post show

Bigfoot

Lol I think the joke is that, apparently, anyone who said they were giving up on the Walking Dead after the previous finale, and then commented in the thread during the following season premiere, was banned.
This is awesome and I applaud the mod that did this if it's true.

Not much worse in TV threads than shitting on a show and saying you are done with it only to post more negativity again the next episode or season.

why did I watch that stupid Post show after the finale?

duh derp derp, did you get the secret message derp, derp.

uh hu spoil character reveal derp

Stupid post show

I'm not sure I get this.

DON'T. Written plainly. It's such a Gus thing to do. We knew he was coming because he's crucial to Mike's story, now makes perfect sense, who else did you expect?

I'd rather they be honest than treat us like idiots for 10 months.

Also Gus didn't leave that note but it could have been from someone that works for Gus.

Damn, we're going to get a huge moment in court where Kim either drives the knife into Jimmy or lies for him on the stand.

I'm not sure I get this.

DON'T. Written plainly. It's such a Gus thing to do. We knew he was coming because he's crucial to Mike's story, now makes perfect sense, who else did you expect?

I'd rather they be honest than treat us like idiots for 10 months.

I actually prefer to be treated like an idiot to be honest :)

Impossible he would have to Teleport

Yeah Mike was literally watching the house the whole time. No way it's anyone connected to Hector or Nacho. They've already established that Nacho can't keep up with Mike and anyone from Hector would have just shot Mike.

I also think it's ridiculous to think Nacho was purposefully blocking the shot. He would have had to know PRECISELY where Mike was to block it that perfectly. He was just standing next to Hector because he's Tio's right hand man.

Only one person could be behind the note.

inm8num2

Well played, Chuck. Well played indeed.

Knew he was recording the conversation and guilt tripping Jimmy into a confession as soon as they sat down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom