• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Beyonce's 'Lemonade' Is a 'Storyline' Crafted with Jay Z, Source Says

Shocking
ZcUrO1q.gif

He was in two of her videos, obviously he was aware of the project and what it entailed. Not to mention both those songs are about forgiveness after infidelity. I'm sure she told him early on she wanted to do this and he obliged.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm pretty sure Sucked is even less relevant than ARTPOP sis. at least ARTPOP is mentioned frequently.

I can't believe I forgot Art Angels :(

Sucker released in 2015 in Europe. Artpop is from 2013. I get the joke but meh out of place when all the other albums are 2015

Vazra

I was going to post that right now. I guess this puts the final name on the coffin of that album? Pretty messed up stuff.

MrV4ltor

Yup, pretty fucked up to snatch it from under her when the album and tour is named after it.
ChBkrXkWMAItNAI.jpg

R9 here we come I guess.

Dead @ Rihanna just inserting herself as a writer when the song was already done. Mess.
She'll definitely be back to yearly releases from now on.

rhandino

Banned
Dead @ Rihanna just inserting herself as a writer when the song was already done. Mess.
She'll definitely be back to yearly releases from now on.
If she keeps delivering ANTi levels of qualité I am here for it.

Also I still have not listened to Lemonade because I can't find a single moment of peace to listen and see it. I am such a flop stan T_T

what? no way. It took her 17 years to do ANTi

I know but they spilled correct tea each time on this like these.

When the single Work would be released
The album dropping and time exclusivity with Tidal.

He also said it might happen but with schedules you can't say for sure but it is a thing and in the works.

Vazra

did natalia/teddy just change their name or do they use different pronouns now? just wondering so as to use correct pronouns in future reference.
It's a project between Teddy and Willy Moon.
Cruel Youth is the musical love child created during a 3-month lock-in at my studio with my husband Willy Moon. It’s The Ronettes on Oxy, it’s a narcotic lullaby, a psychedelic jingle you might hear waiting in line at a Western Union or a laptop symphony soundtracking a car crash in slow motion. Willy and I met whilst both signed to Universal Records, and married only a few months later. Cruel Youth is an intravenous hit of our love and everything I find beautiful.

For a brief moment in 2015 I felt like it was the death of me, but somehow the part that survived was a pure uncensored passion that quickly became the ace in my hand. While evolving my solo project into my new band I was approached to be a personality on X Factor New Zealand, which lead to a publicity stunt resulting in a viral media storm. I was subjected to a global witch hunt I couldn’t defend myself against due to a wide-reaching legal gagging order. It was a truly regrettable situation for everyone involved, and Willy and I flew back to our home in New York where I threw myself headfirst into songwriting. Days later, I was collaborating with Madonna on her #1 album Rebel Heart, co-writing the song “Holy Water”. I was drafted onto Rihanna’s writing team, spending months traveling the world with her, and ultimately co-writing ‘Kiss It Better’ on her worldwide #1 album Anti.

While working with such tenacious and outspoken artists, I found a sanctuary where I was allowed to sing the unspeakable … no frills, no fakery. All fun, games, whiskey and a microphone, with the occasional drop in from friends, writers and producers who added their own take on our world.

To my friends, followers and everyone that has supported me during this transitional time — I’m excited to share this new music with you. This is our song ‘Mr. Watson’, this is Cruel Youth.

Love, Teddy Sinclair”

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So I have posted here before, but this time I am actually going to try and keep up with the thread...my first thought on the OT...is well, those names are ridiculous, but I did get a chuckle out of Adole. Honestly though what constitutes a place in there? So anyway hello POP-GAF!

I know but they spilled correct tea each time on this like these.

When the single Work would be released
The album dropping and time exclusivity with Tidal.

He also said it might happen but with schedules you can't say for sure but it is a thing and in the works.
Wow. Well shit... I guess the Rhat might be coming again this year!

Mau ®

Tinashe was never going to happen anyway bruhs. At least Rihanna will make sure a Tinashe song finally gets heard 💅

Vazra

Mau ®;202037121 said:
Tinashe was never going to happen anyway bruhs. At least Rihanna will make sure a Tinashe song finally gets heard
They removed the stuff Tinashe wrote so is it really a Tinashe song anymore?

Floridian

Mau ®;202037121 said:
Tinashe was never going to happen anyway bruhs. At least Rihanna will make sure a Tinashe song finally gets heard 💅

She did that when people thought Tinashe's Watch Me Work was Rihanna's work song.

So I have posted here before, but this time I am actually going to try and keep up with the thread...my first thought on the OT...is well, those names are ridiculous, but I did get a chuckle out of Adole. Honestly though what constitutes a place in there? So anyway hello POP-GAF!
those names are accurate tho. and to be considered part of the roster you either need to release good shit, be talked about a lot, or be dumb as hell but entertaining (azealia)

tbh I wish Lana would come again this year but she seems to be having fun performing at random festivals and is apparently going to tour with Guns n' Roses this year so good for ha

tbh I wish Lana would come again this year but she seems to be having fun performing at random festivals and is apparently going to tour with Guns n' Roses this year so good for ha
i don't think lana really cares about album cycles or anything tbh lmao

she just kind of dumps the album then goes back to instagram

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
those names are accurate tho. and to be considered part of the roster you either need to release good shit, be talked about a lot, or be dumb as hell but entertaining (azealia)

I mean, some of them are pretty accurate in their usage as like nicknames...however, cunt, m'rina, xtinct and anus? Those are less...obvious.

Frodo

Tinashe is almost trending on Twitter, tho.

People will talk about it when Rihanna releases it. Will it back fire?

rhandino

Banned
Tinashe is almost trending [...]
An accurate resume of her career so far.

5rMzDza.gif

Drop that kitty down low
Pop that kitty down low
Shop that like a window
I'm gon' make you explode
Drop that kitty down low
Pop that kitty down low
Take that video phone
Drop that kitty down low

HCCJdAN.gif

cory64

I stopped stanning Tee a minute ago. Amethyst was a mistake, signed artists shouldn't play the mixtape game unless they're a rapper. It was a great tape it just wasn't anything that showed she was ready to take things to the next level and the timing was terrible. And yeah, it's not fair that RCA was focused on Zayn but you gotta at least take the momentary L on that because they will get around to your project. You can either be independent/mixtape focused or play the label game until you get to do things on your own terms. Pick one.

Tinashe should just know ha place and take this L with dignity, the same way Leona graciously did when she lost "Halo" to Beyonce and "We Found Love" to Rihanna literally days before she was going to release it.

I know it's a bit early for assumptions, but if Lemonade somehow interferes with Adele's impending sweep at the Grammy's, I will RIOT.

That being said, Daddy Lessons has all the makings to be considered one of Bey's best. I was actually quite disappointed in DL and Love Drought trailing on iTunes. She may be dragging Jay through the ninth circle of hell in Sorry, but Daddy Lessons' isn't without some nice subtle clocking. Plus, it can stand on its own and doesn't rely on the narrative of the album as much as some of the other tracks. Oh welllll.

Yado

I know it's a bit early for assumptions, but if Lemonade somehow interferes with Adele's impending sweep at the Grammy's, I will RIOT.

That being said, Daddy Lessons has all the makings to be considered one of Bey's best. I was actually quite disappointed in DL and Love Drought trailing on iTunes. She may be dragging Jay through the ninth circle of hell in Sorry, but Daddy Lessons' isn't without some nice subtle clocking. Plus, it can stand on its own and doesn't rely on the narrative of the album as much as some of the other tracks. Oh welllll.

45 is boring. Adele doesn't deserve a single award for it.

Vazduh

I stopped stanning Tee a minute ago. Amethyst was a mistake, signed artists shouldn't play the mixtape game unless they're a rapper. It was a great tape it just wasn't anything that showed she was ready to take things to the next level and the timing was terrible. And yeah, it's not fair that RCA was focused on Zayn but you gotta at least take the momentary L on that because they will get around to your project. You can either be independent/mixtape focused or play the label game until you get to do things on your own terms. Pick one.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JCX

Lol love the new OT Title

XW2SBFY.png

The score isn't dropping!!

And Adele's 25 is fuckn boring. Honeymoon is the superior mood album.

Adele keeps getting worse with each album. Still not bad, but 19 is still my favorite.

Coincidentally, I feel the same about Lana.

[Chorus: Beyoncé]
Six inch heels, she walked in the club like nobody's business
Goddamn, she murdered everybody and I was her witness

[Post-Chorus: Beyoncé]
She works for the money, she work for the money
From the start to the finish
And she worth every dollar, she worth every dollar
And she worth every minute

[Outro: Beyoncé]
Oh, gonna make you feel
You always come back to me
Come back, come back
Come back, come back
Come back, come back, come back

tumblr_o65zrgoTr91rtup1qo5_400.gif

Yado

Her music is holding her back more than the label does tbh. She's always talking about achieving mainstream success but it's never going to happen with laid back R&B songs. She doesn't have the image, reputation or talent to take the genre to that level.

Majmun

Isn't Bey the only fave that's getting better and better?

Pretty impressive when you consider the 19-year career span.

Top Bottom