• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

rhandino

Banned
Oh

andSwbq.gif

Brhoom

Banned
hqdefault.jpg

mariah-carey-snap.gif

Not only being born into a rich family, but also dissing the country that people die trying to get into. And now this shit. As a 23 years old, I find this post disgusting, and reflective of the mindset of this spoiled human. Who thinks that straining her vocal chords, and learning some basic dance moves, equals having a hard working job.

botty

Banned
hqdefault.jpg

mariah-carey-snap.gif

Not only being born into a rich family, but also dissing the country that people die trying to get into. And now this shit. As a 23 years old, I find this post disgusting, and reflective of the mindset of this spoiled human. Who thinks that straining her vocal chords, and learning some basic dance moves, equals having a hard working job.

You're ignorant. Yes, people die trying to get into this country but let's not pretend America is some place that wasn't founded on slavery, manipulates and ruins numerous parts of the world to keep its elite happy, and most recently elected Donald Trump into office. This country is a fucking mess, and has been since the beginning. And her "diss" to the country was based entirely in how it promotes a spoiled lifestyle of excess and decadence that leads to things such as obesity—her diss.

As a 23 year old, I am sure you will never work as hard as she has any day of your life. Mind you, Ariana's career employs numerous people who rely on her to stay in the studio writing and creating new music, working on numerous products, touring, etc... all of which easily generate thousands of jobs on a global scale.

So tell me, as a 23 year old... who the hell relies on you to get up every day and work so that they can have a meal and a roof over their head? Get over yourself. The only thing disgusting here is that you couldn't let this woman self-motivate, love, and pat herself on the back...even in a tongue and cheek way...without labeling her as a "spoiled human."

Brhoom

Banned
You're ignorant. Yes, people die trying to get into this country but let's not pretend America is some place that wasn't founded on slavery, manipulates and ruins numerous parts of the world to keep its elite happy, and most recently elected Donald Trump into office. This country is a fucking mess, and has been since the beginning. And her "diss" to the country was based entirely in how it promotes a spoiled lifestyle of excess and decadence that leads to things such as obesity—her diss.

As a 23 year old, I am sure you will never work as hard as she has any day of your life. Mind you, Ariana's career employs numerous people who rely on her to stay in the studio writing and creating new music, working on numerous products, touring, etc... all of which easily generate thousands of jobs on a global scale.

So tell me, as a 23 year old... who the hell relies on you to get up every day and work so that they can have a meal and a roof over their head? Get over yourself. The only thing disgusting here is that you couldn't let this woman self-motivate, love, and pat herself on the back...even in a tongue and cheek way...without labeling her as a "spoiled human."

I will work harder than her everyday, teaching is not an easy job. And I will support my family.

Don't you dare compare a singer's "job" to any everyday job out there, it's not even funny. She isn't hard working, and she will never be, as long as she is a pop star.

And I love how you tried to put Trump there as an excuse for her remark. Stop defending a rich person who didn't work one day in their life.

At the end of the day, what does she think her "hard work" helped society with? Nothing.

rhandino

Banned
I mean, at 23 my dad died and I had to work to sustain myself and our family of 4 and even before that I was working since I was 15 I an field that required long hours without sleep, traveling around the country and tons and tons of responsibility.

It's Ok for her to give herself a pat in the back, I guess, but girl and her stans should not be surprised if people jump a bit.

Reminded me a bit about Sam Smith's "I did not know homophobia and racism was real in this day and age OMG!"

DOWN

Banned
I was pleasantly surprised when I heard Anderson Cooper react to hearing another famous person claim how hard they work. He admitted that working as "talent" means easy work compared to everyday jobs that most people have and thus he found the comment a bit silly with how pampered people who work on camera and in music are.

royalan

gaga hit the recording studio with a country artist

she is fucking DONE

Not only that...but retreating to Country music when your Pop career fizzles out is so done and DUSTED.

And I mean, not even Country fans respect it.

She might as well start selling non-stick cooking pans on late night infomercials at this point.

royalan

I mean, it's really ridiculous now that the Madonna vs. Gaga comparison was EVER a thing.

At this point in ha career, Madonna was about 2 years away from THE BLONDE AMBITION TOUR.

You know, THIS tour:

XRCIb9O.png

And some of her most iconic albums/videos/photoshoots/etc are still YEARS away.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Gaga is about to pull a...Jessica Simpson.

nrC4Rsb.jpg

B-Dex

I mean, it's really ridiculous now that the Madonna vs. Gaga comparison was EVER a thing.

At this point in ha career, Madonna was about 2 years away from THE BLONDE AMBITION TOUR.

You know, THIS tour:

XRCIb9O.png

nrC4Rsb.jpg

What's Xtincta doing now?

You know, THIS tour:

XRCIb9O.png

nrC4Rsb.jpg
😭😭😭

I don't understand why THIS was her career trajectory. God.

royalan

Y'all will NOT distract from the floppery that's afoot.

Gaga can't even make a Lotus these days.

And you know she's going to try to do some weird blood/crucifix shit on this country album and flop there too.

It's over.

rhandino

Banned
So, I just did a quick research of what some of my faves and other legends were doing for their 6th albums and:

Beyonce: Lemonade
Rihanna: Talk That Talk
Madonna: Bedtime Stories
Britney Spears: Circus
Janet Jackson: The Velvet Rope
Mariah Carey: Butterfly
Shakira: Fijacion Oral Vol. 1 & 2
Utada Hikaru: Fantôme
Michael Jackson: Thriller
Prince: Purple Rain
David Bowie: Aladdin Sane

u4VYRek.gif

Lady Gaga: [ ]

WED4cGZ.gif

Xtina Aguilera: Bionic

TkivmXa.jpg

Ok but Gaga has the Super Bowl
dluPna5.gif
I wonder if they regret signing her instead of going after more popular options like Halsey and The Chainsmokers

dluPna5.gif

Then again i can see Gaga pandering to white america with some of the songs of Joanne so...

dluPna5.gif

When are ya'll gonna accept that Gaga's been operating in her own lane ever since she hit the scene and that her singular trademark is flipping the script? Like are we really still trying to argue that she's over? Second highest female debut this year (without even a fucking HIT) and on the eve of the biggest gig of her career?

She's gonna be fine. Next

Y'all will NOT distract from the floppery that's afoot.

Gaga can't even make a Lotus these days.

And you know she's going to try to do some weird blood/crucifix shit on this country album and flop there too.

It's over.
Omg I'm screaming lmaooo

Lady Gaga presents: Satan's Big Red Tractor

When are ya'll gonna accept that Gaga's been operating in her own lane ever since she hit the scene and that her singular trademark is flipping the script? Like are we really still trying to argue that she's over? Second highest female debut this year (without even a fucking HIT) and on the eve of the biggest gig of her career?

She's gonna be fine. Next
Which lane is that?

Flop lane?

Shit lane?

"'My fans will buy anything" lane?

Mediocre country lane?

The lane you've been stanning until you decided everything was terrible just because she made one album you didn't like?
How revisionist...

She released ARTPOP which was a good album to me, but then completely abandoned it because it wasn't the mega hit she wanted. Strike 1. Then came Cheek to Cheek which was a nice detour. And then... nothing. For 2 years. Strike 2.

She finally comes back with 39 mediocre minutes of music which she can't even be bothered promoting and shits out what is easily two of her worst videos YET. Strike 3. And now she's decided that she should become a country musician, so that's probably not going to even be worth listening to.

I'm done stanning her because she hasn't given me anything worth stanning since 2013.

So idk if they were posted or not but a while ago 2 songs that Lana recorded for Ultraviolence but left out in the end were leaked.

Yes To Heaven
Fine China

Trigger Warning: They're slow songs, Fine China especially.

I didn't like Fine China but Lana's ability to take me on a mental movie with her songs came thru again and now I really like it. Pretty sad song too tbh

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So idk if they were posted or not but a while ago 2 songs that Lana recorded for Ultraviolence but left out in the end were leaked.

Yes To Heaven
Fine China

Trigger Warning: They're slow songs, Fine China especially.

I didn't like Fine China but Lana's ability to take me on a mental movie with her songs came thru again and now I really like it. Pretty sad song too tbh

how many leaked songs does this binch have..... Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)

this is...so good....

edit: oh it's from her pre-lana album days
Oh I can't wait to check these out!

How revisionist...

She released ARTPOP which was a good album to me, but then completely abandoned it because it wasn't the mega hit she wanted. Strike 1. Then came Cheek to Cheek which was a nice detour. And then... nothing. For 2 years. Strike 2.

She finally comes back with 39 mediocre minutes of music which she can't even be bothered promoting and shits out what is easily two of her worst videos YET. Strike 3. And now she's decided that she should become a country musician, so that's probably not going to even be worth listening to.

I'm done stanning her because she hasn't given me anything worth stanning since 2013.

All this tells me is that you don't like Joanne. But you still wanted it promoted harder. Okay...

Like we all know what caused that ARTPOP clusterfuck, and 2 years without music is actually fairly standard. So it just sounds like you don't like her last album, which I guess merits not being a fan anymore but whatever.

All this tells me is that you don't like Joanne. But you still wanted it promoted harder. Okay...

Like we all know what caused that ARTPOP clusterfuck, and 2 years without music is actually fairly standard. So it just sounds like you don't like her last album, which I guess merits not being a fan anymore but whatever.
What caused the ARTPOP clusterfuck? The manager that got her to #1 with born this way which she dumped because he probably didn't say yes to everything? Working with a known pedophile and an alleged rapist so she had to cancel a video?

At some point Gaga has to take responsibility for the mediocrity. It can only be blamed on others for so long.

Top Bottom