• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Decarabia

nenMBlX.jpg

A flop through and through.

Can't believe yall like that shit.

She looks tragic for a good two thirds of it, the song is easily one of the worst on Joanal, and she kills a dog in the video (gross).

A mess.

Can't believe yall like that shit.

She looks tragic for a good two thirds of it, the song is easily one of the worst on Joanal, and she kills a dog in the video (gross).

A mess.

Babe you've been spreading your Gaga salt in every thread that mentions her and it needs to be addressed. This video is very good. In fact, it's the biggest call-back to the old-form Gaga you miss so much, but your overstated disdain for Joanne has poured into your judgment.

Also, don't act like she didn't fucking poison a dog in the Telephone video, lol. This vid is pure fan service, appreciate it before she plops that pink hat on again. 🙃

She already put the hat on tho at the end of the video

It was a bad video, sorry. MIA did the car thing better in the iconic Bad Girls video.

Also the dog in John Wayne dies by getting run over and you literally see it's guts get spilled. It's gross.

Honest question: will Adele get the same backlash Beck got if she wins Album of The Year over Beyoncé this Sunday?

And second honest question: is anyone here genuinely excited for new Xtina?

Aguila

#ICONIC
Yeah. The video was bad. And the only time she looked good was in that black outfit on the bike, but you can't appreciate it with all those camera cuts.

I can't wait for Katy and Sia's serng. Cleanse us of this Junkanne era.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
So is Gaga's video viewable anywhere besides Crapple? I can't find it anywhere else, why would she do this?

I heard fan chatter that it's a complete slay visually like something from the Born This Way era, but I wouldn't know since that requires installing i('drathernot)Tunes.

RAnGApP.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
The Perfect Illusion video sucks honestly, she was trying way too hard in it and it looked cheap but not the fun kind of cheap (like something from the ARTPOP era).

You can tell she's just being herself in John Wayne though like she DGAF so it's a lot more enjoyable.

Meowster

The Perfect Illusion video sucks honestly, she was trying way too hard in it and it looked cheap but not the fun kind of cheap (like something from the ARTPOP era).

You can tell she's just being herself in John Wayne though like she DGAF so it's a lot more enjoyable.
Perfect Delusion was jumpy as hell, which I found irritating, but overall it wasn't a bad video. I probably liked it better than most of the Born This Way singles and most of G.U.Y. Simple but I liked the contrast within it. Million Reasons To Impeach Trump had a terrible video though.

Honest question: will Adele get the same backlash Beck got if she wins Album of The Year over Beyoncé this Sunday?

Nah, Adele is a big name. Even people that haven't listened to 25 will assume she deserves it based on the merit of popularity. Morning Phase was a success among critics, but a far cry from being a hit among the general public. There will always be people that are upset about the academy's decisions, but it's less of an issue when the winner is [highly] recognizable. Then again, people really seem to like protesting lately, so maybe Bey/Formation's loss can give some a reason to rally. I think Bey will win a majority of her categories, though. I like 25 a lot more than Lemonade, but Bey's got the depth that drives some of the panel members crazy.

Genuinely excited for new Xtina? Yeah.
She'll either show up with her Ray of Light/Believe/On The Floor, or she'll give me some more shameless "pure dance/pop" like Your Body, Woohoo, and Vanity. Either way, I'll be happy

She could give me an album along the lines of Birds of Prey too, if she wanted. Bionic wasn't that bad.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Yup, another white artist (Taylor) with a lesser album beats a black artist (Kendrick)with a better album? Adele hasn't paid her dues while this would be the second time Beyoncé loses twice even though both were creative efforts that were far superior as well as unique ideas (releasing an album with no promo and an entire visual movie to accompany it).

MANUELF

Banned
Yup, another white artist (Taylor) with a lesser album beats a black artist (Kendrick)with a better album? Adele hasn't paid her dues while this would be the second time Beyoncé loses twice even though both were creative efforts that were far superior as well as unique ideas (releasing an album with no promo and an entire visual movie to accompany it).

The only reason I see why the albums are better is because of their theme plus the "unique" ideas have no say on the quality of the music

Bladenic

"Adele hasn't paid her dues"

What does this even mean lmao

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
"Adele hasn't paid her dues"

What does this even mean lmao
Generally one of the big speculations for Beck winning the Album of the Year award over Beyoncé was because Beck had previously been nominated for the Album of the Year twice before and had lost both times. Thus it was speculated that he had paid his dues and was therefor deserving of a win. Beyoncé has been nominated twice for Album of the Year before as well and lost both times...Oh wait apparently Adele did already win Album of the Year...in an extremely weak year...I really feel she doesn't deserve the award this year, and it also hasn't helped the fact that the last time a black person won Album of the Year was 9 years ago.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
While I wait for "John Wayne"'s video to release officially outside of Apple Music, I decided to revisit "Paparazzi"'s video. I don't think I'll ever not love this song. I miss this Gaga.

It's kind of interesting how much of her career has talked about fame. All the headlines in the "Paparazzi" video remind me a lot of her "Do What You Want" performances and that eerie and depressing
and accurate?
SNL skit she did. That skit is seriously dark. ARTPOP was a dark era.

Marshal

Neo Member
Hello yes don't forget to call the Recording Academy and campaign for Lemonade's AOTY win. Can't have Adele tie Taylor's record

Top Bottom