• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Koodo

Banned
Sorry to intrude on your thread popgaf but I've had a question brewing in me for a while and I don't know where else to turn.

I've been wondering if there's a name or a style associated with this pop trend over the last handful of years where the song builds to a chorus but then "drops" to wubby and/or blippy EDM garbage? I notice this in nearly every Chainsmokers song I've ever heard and the earliest examples I can think of it happening is mega popular one hit wonders like Party Rock and Gundam Style.

I've gotten into pop music over the last few years, thanks to these threads in fact. Well, the OPs anyways, not the threads themselves (you should all be ashamed of yourselves tbqh). but whatever this trend is called, it absolutely destroys my ability to enjoy otherwise catchy songs.
It's called Shit.

That was tragic. Bad song, weird concept, she ran over a dog (horrible) and she looked dreadful. Also the Joanne hat made an appearance - delete.

The one positive is that black hat suit. Low key slay.

Vazduh

It's called Shit.

BoF1jWl.gif

The Flop

Banned
That was tragic. Bad song, weird concept, she ran over a dog (horrible) and she looked dreadful. Also the Joanne hat made an appearance - delete.

The one positive is that black hat suit. Low key slay.

You really need to turn in your Stan card, and find someone else. At this point your lack of respect for artistic integrity is getting sad on many levels.

tumblr_okq13teJko1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

DOWN

Banned
Why in the world has it been 4 years since Roar that she's finally releasing a new single for a new album?

Wow at Rihanna killing GiGi and Kendall without a Victoria Secret contract. Even in the modeling lane, she puts these basics to rest. 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Oh okay KellyAnne.....

I swear the way y'all enable mediocre people around here is an epidemic and needs to be stopped. Praying for you!

Praying for you too sis. Can't be easy to see other pop gurls still maintain relevance.

Using the best pop album evers cover (Daydream - Mariah Carey) as my shrine for your prayers.

barrada_gaga.gif

---

In other news

https://twitter.com/xtina/status/829390744951541760/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

THE VOICE is returning soon.

I hope she can be relevant again!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=229971786

The amount of vitriol and salt that talent awakes in some people is jusT

I mean how much money can they make from that flop single tho sis?

When you're pretending to be edgy but Closer comes on and you realise it might be your fav song of 2016

On exile I must go for this sin.

Forgive me CharliXCX and After the After Party

giphy.gif

Chained to the Rhythm has been stuck in my head all day. Katy came through and delivered yet again - not that I ever doubted her.

I really need to hear it in HQ and on repeat, though. Tomorrow is going to be such a slow day.

I'd rather you not collect my email, no doubt you will be passing it on to Dump, who will then send me info about the bowling green massacre and how many people went to his inauguration.

No thanks

Top Bottom