• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond the Labyrinth (3DS, Tri-Ace, Konami) Screens [Trailer]

GameE

beyond_the_labr-2.jpg

NEW SCREENS!
And we can see them in 3D :D

Poyunch

3D is terrific but the jaggies and textures are terrible. You could saw a tree with those jaggies.

edit: Also the fourth image isn't in the file. :(

Takao

Banned
Incitemaybe said:
Where do I place the Mpo's on my 3ds's SD card?

Yeah, I put them in the folder where I took pictures, and saved some from the net, but they don't show up in the Photo viewer.

Edit: Derp, I extracted it to that folder, so there was a folder in NIN that couldn't allow the pictures to be shown. Works now.

Takao

Banned
Holy crap the 3D is good.

Maybe it's just me, but the jaggies actually look more noticeable in 3D than they did in 2D.

Some of the textures look like they're out of Minecraft or something...

Poyunch

You don't have to put the .mpos in the NIN03 folder. Just place the folder that holds the image in the same folder that contains NIN03 folder. That way you can easily remove images by just deleting the folder.

watershed

Banned
Okay, just viewed all 3 mpo screenshots on my 3ds. Game is looking great. There are still jaggies but not nearly as bad as it appears on your pc monitor. The textures as well are not the blurry mess they appear to be. The lighting is the standout here, looks great, highlights are nice and soft, and all without that awful bloom-lighting effect. These 3 shots are obvously chosen to maximize the 3d and it looks great as well, particularly the one with the girl running towards the steps. The foliage is multilayered though their details do get quite busy. Overall, for those of you who can't see it on the 3ds its better than it looks on your pc but not as good as the original bullshots. The textures on the 2nd screenshot with the brownish square structures and large tree bark in the background are kinda messed. 3D makes a big difference here, it looks great if you can stand the slight jaggies (honestly much less than you think) and lower resolution textures than the original bullshots.

GameE

artwalknoon said:
Okay, just viewed all 3 mpo screenshots on my 3ds. Game is looking great. There are still jaggies but not nearly as bad as it appears on your pc monitor. The textures as well are not the blurry mess they appear to be. The lighting is the standout here, looks great, highlights are nice and soft, and all without that awful bloom-lighting effect. These 3 shots are obvously chosen to maximize the 3d and it looks great as well, particularly the one with the girl running towards the steps. The foliage is multilayered though their details do get quite busy. Overall, for those of you who can't see it on the 3ds its better than it looks on your pc but not as good as the original bullshots. The textures on the 2nd screenshot with the brownish square structures and large tree bark in the background are kinda messed. 3D makes a big difference here, it looks great if you can stand the slight jaggies (honestly much less than you think) and lower resolution textures than the original bullshots.

At least someone can back up what I said that it looks really good in 3D :eek:

Aeana

No need to act like we all didn't know the original shots were bullshots. Go back a few pages and you'll see me showing how tri-Ace does it with pretty much every game.

Kerrby

Banned
I thought the 3DS was meant to be more powerful than the PSP or even Gamecube. I've seen nothing that suggests that.

Reallink

Ratrat said:
Still looks good. But yeah, I can see this being done on psp.
vccwS.jpg

XQCmN.jpg

How in the fuck did they ever come up with and rationalize those bullshots in the first place, were they targeting Vita or something? I mean holy shit, they're literally 100,000 miles apart.

Having played a lot of PSP games, this still looks better than one. Type-0 can compare but that game had a LOT of time to be worked on.

Either way, knew the first screens were bullshots. These still looks good, especially when you see them in 3D.

Takao

Banned
FTH said:
what are "jaggies"?

When there are noticeable clashes in the color pallet due to a lack of aliasing to smooth the picture. See the white lines in the picture when the girl has her hand out.

GoldandBlue said:
Having played a lot of PSP games, this still looks better than one. Type-0 can compare but that game had a LOT of time to be worked on.

The character model is better than PSP, but the environment really isn't.

watershed

Banned
Reallink said:
How in the fuck did they ever come up with and rationalize those bullshots in the first place, were they targeting Vita or something? I mean holy shit, they're literally 100,000 miles apart.
They really aren't. The original batch are bullshots in terms of resolution but apart from that they are pretty much the same. For example in the two shots you quoted the foliage on the bottom left of the new shot looks almost exactly the same as the foliage on the bottom right of the bullshot when viewed on the 3ds. Also the lighting effects remain the same, its just the temperature of the light that has changed to a more bluish hue. But no advanced effects have been removed or anything. Also on the 3ds the new screenshots are brighter and a little warmer than they appear on my pc monitor.

Takao

Banned
MidnightScott said:
Does anyone think Konami will release it outside of Japan? Me trying to play all these games in Japanese seems impossible. >_>;

This is a game Konami will release internationally. There's no reason not to, unless the 3DS software market truly is that dire.

Clevinger

artwalknoon said:
They really aren't. The original batch are bullshots in terms of resolution but apart from that they are pretty much the same. For example in the two shots you quoted the foliage on the bottom left of the new shot looks almost exactly the same as the foliage on the bottom right of the bullshot when viewed on the 3ds. Also the lighting effects remain the same, its just the temperature of the light that has changed to a more bluish hue. But no advanced effects have been removed or anything. Also on the 3ds the new screenshots are brighter and a little warmer than they appear on my pc monitor.

Not really. Even the sense of scale is shrunk down in the new shots.

Can someone upload the MPOs to a server. The Konami link is giving me an error on the 3DS browser, and I don't feel like doing the folder shuffle from my comp.

daffy

Banned
Takao said:
When there are noticeable clashes in the color pallet due to a lack of aliasing to smooth the picture. See the white lines in the picture when the girl has her hand out.
ahhhh, the extra white specs (i think).. Thanks for the explanation.

Takao

Banned
JordanLMiller said:
I'm shocked as these screens actually do look really good in 3D.

Yeah, I don't own any 3DS games, but this actually looked really nice. I still noticed a tonne of jaggies, but the effect was well used.

watershed

Banned
Clevinger said:
Not really. Even the sense of scale is shrunk down in the new shots.
Have you seen the new shots on a 3ds? And what do you mean by the sense of scale is shrunk down? Some of the new shots are at a closer angle I think chosen to show off the 3d but 2 of them still show a large background. For example the new one with the girl running towards the stairs shows on screen pretty much the same amount of architecture and foliage going back the same distance as the original bullshot of her standing looking up at the stairs. Its just a smaller screenshot but showing almost the same things.

Top Bottom