• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond the Labyrinth (3DS, Tri-Ace, Konami) Screens [Trailer]

Luigiv

Flynn said:
o5p36q.jpg
Paul Jennings fan?

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
So uhh...Motoi Sakuraba maybe you can convince your friends at Camelot to make the next Golden Sun game look as good as that.

Looks like Tri-Ace is one-uping Team ICO by having a female main character. Hopefully they don't screw this up. Pants would have been nice, but it's nice to see her wearing boots at least.

Someone should show this to Ueda and blow his goddamn fucking mind. *still bitter about that one thread* Someone of Japan-GAF needs to throw this at his Twitter account. http://twitter.com/#!/fumito_ueda
4gFj5.jpg

See that motherfraker? Girls can wear things under a dress. If only there was a picture of her climbing something.

This game is definitely on my radar.

ninj4junpei said:
Looks like Tri-Ace is one-uping Team ICO by having a female main character. Hopefully they don't screw this up. Pants would have been nice, but it's nice to see her wearing boots at least.

Someone should show this to Ueda and blow his goddamn fucking mind.

Someone of Japan-GAF needs to throw this at his Twitter account. http://twitter.com/#!/fumito_uedahttp://i.imgur.com/4gFj5.jpg[IMG]
See that motherfraker? Girls can wear things under a dress. If only there was a picture of her climbing something.

This game is definitely on my radar.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but we don't know if she actually has any grip strength. She might be using an elevator throughout the whole game. [/SARCASM]

It would be amusing if this game was a reaction to Ueda's statements. lol

Neon_Icarus said:
Yeah, but we don't know if she actually has any grip strength. She might be using an elevator throughout the whole game. [/SARCASM]

True, but she will probably still need a strong man/boy to operate the elevator for her.

ninj4junpei said:

don't worry. she bout to climb dem stairs like a mufucker

I hope he tries something different with the battle theme this time. :/ It's pretty much just copy and paste with him these days.

Will we get the rushed to fill a job Sakuraba, or The Real Sakuraba? Stay tuned game music fans...

Black Republican said:
i dont know why but she reminds me of that girl from the cancelled 360 rpg Cry On

Marona.

cover_l.jpg

Hello MidnightScott,

If it was just revealed than sounds like we may need to give some time to Konami of America to consider bringing it over or not. My guess is that they will, but if for whatever reason they don't then at that time we can consider looking into it, but way too early right now.

Ken @ XSEED Games

Damn, it never hurts for them to keep their eyes on it though. Konami could be dicks and not release it here. >_>;

Ellis Kim

Banned
ninj4junpei said:

Someone should show this to Ueda and blow his goddamn fucking mind. *still bitter about that one thread* Someone of Japan-GAF needs to throw this at his Twitter account. http://twitter.com/#!/fumito_ueda
4gFj5.jpg

Seriously. Pantaloons, bike shorts, whatever gets the job done.

Day 1 purchase!

Poyunch

MidnightScott said:
Damn, it never hurts for them to keep their eyes on it though. Konami could be dicks and not release it here. >_>;
Well seeing as the 3DS library is still pretty sparse I'd hope Konami would like to take advantage of the lack of competition.

eXistor

Wow, those screens look hot. Bit sceptical about the ganme so far though, but it's Tri-Ace and they usually deliver.

Ratrat

Neon_Icarus said:

Uh, this isn't a platformer. Being an rpg you can imagine she'll fight with ridiculous weapons and cast spells. Aside from the obvious influence in the art I'm not getting the comparisons.

Ratrat said:
Uh, this isn't a platformer. Being an rpg you can imagine she'll fight with ridiculous weapons and cast spells. Aside from the obvious influence in the art I'm not getting the comparisons.

Also, being an RPG she will be utterly helpless to climb over the smallest pebbles strewn in her path.

Ueda VINDICATED

Considering how pronounced the character already is against the background, the 3D effect could really stand out in this game. Can't wait to get more details.

Despera

Banned
Serenade said:
Music on the site sounded nice and fresh so no.
The sad truth. Motoi Sakuraba did make some good music once, but his creative juices stopped flowing a long time ago.

That song could be his work though. Some segments remind me of his style.

matmanx1

Looks fantastic. I generally like Tri-Ace stuff, especially when they have their "A" team working on it. I hope we get this in North America.

sfried

From The Dust said:
what's wrong with lolis?

image.php
Should've figured out just from your avi.

Not that there's anything wrong per se about lolis. It's just that there are way too much present in games these days, even more so than...

PounchEnvy said:
Madoka crossover.
Oh God no...

Despera said:
The sad truth. Motoi Sakuraba did make some good music once, but his creative juices stopped flowing a long time ago.

That song could be his work though. Some segments remind me of his style.

He did some of his best work with Eternal Sonata and Infinite Undiscovery. Which wasn't too long ago.

Alex

I liked his rock-styled work in Resonance, which was also a tremendous game, Tri-Ace's best in my mind. Shame it doesn't get more attention considering the rather banal landscape of console JRPGs.

Nairume

Banned
The Mana Legend said:
He did some of his best work with Eternal Sonata and Infinite Undiscovery. Which wasn't too long ago.
For some reason, while ES had some really good pieces, a lot of it felt kind of lazy for a game that is supposed to be about the fever dream of a dying composer.

ReyVGM

What would make this game go from great to awesome is if there was a enemy with a huge crotchbulge as an homage to the Gobling King (David Bowie).

ReyVGM said:
What would make this game go from great to awesome is if there was a enemy with a huge crotchbulge as an homage to the Gobling King (David Bowie).

tri-Ace references a shit load of stuff in some of their games, so I wouldn't put it past them.

Top Bottom