• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond the Labyrinth (3DS, Tri-Ace, Konami) Screens [Trailer]

Father_Brain said:
I actually don't find this that impressive on a technical level, especially compared to, say, the MGS3 demo or the RE games - the environmental geometry looks fairly simple, and I don't see any real shader usage other than some cel shading on the main character's model. That said, the textures are good and the overall art direction is excellent, which counts for a lot.

I agree, it's just the direction they took with the overall feel. The atmosphere in those pictures looks incredible. I'm also a fan of the structures and how the character sticks out as if she was glowing. It's by no means some technical feat, but damn is it pretty.

Ezalc

AceBandage said:
- 3D dungeon RPG
- young girl as a main character
- girl will talk a lot

I was excited until I read that. The game still looks fucking ridiculously good though, damn.

Aeana

Ookami-kun said:
That's what it looks like in the game. Hell, I think it looks better in-game.
Did you miss the fact that the image I linked is 2048x1536?
This is not an emulator shot. This is an officially released screenshot.

Yuterald said:
Wow, this looks pretty fucking cool. And the music on the website is awesome. I want to believe that this is Motoi. Some parts sound like it's totally from him, but I could be wrong.

It's definately him! It's his synths at least, and his style is present in the harps and timpani.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Aeana said:

It still looks better in-game though, and well... it being a PS2 game should expect a smaller screensize.

So if anything, maybe they can actually "improve" the screens we have so far.

green sticker

Neo Member
Izayoi said:
You know that you can turn it off for a reason, right? Even without 3D this game would look pretty impressive.
Yes I do know that and I'm certainly not discrediting it. If anything it looks impressive as hell regardless of the 3d setting.

Aeana

Ultimate tri-Ace bullshot:

Rx0Fs.jpg

Oh wow! I wish Infinite Undiscovery did came out looking that way. :(

I still liked the game though. Seraphic Gate was lots of fun.

Paracelsus

Aeana said:
Ultimate tri-Ace bullshot:

http://i.imgur.com/Rx0Fs.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

I remember beating WKC first, then going back to beat IU. I wish somebody would give me confirmation, I'd swear IU is totally sub-HD (going from the sharpness of WKC to IU was like playing with someone poking your eyes).

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Ezalc said:
I was excited until I read that. The game still looks fucking ridiculously good though, damn.
Except they didn't confirm if she was the main character.

well if they are bullshot why not do them all this one look like it could easy be a real one or a messy/lazy not to do them all

just wait for a vid

ZFDIV.jpg

wrowa

Aeana said:
Well, the resolution alone isn't saying much, though. I've seen screenshots of DS games that have a higher resolution than the linked screenshot :p Print magazines need screenshots in a high resolution, so publishers deliver screenshots in high resolutions.

The lack of jaggies on the other hand is a clear sign of it being a bullshot.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Getting sick of 3DS screenshots with bullshot IQ. This, RE Mercs, Tales of the Abyss. It's like the PS2 (or Square Enix on PSP) all over again.

wrowa said:
Well, the resolution alone isn't saying much, though. I've seen screenshots of DS games that have a higher resolution than the linked screenshot :p Print magazines need screenshots in a high resolution, so publishers deliver screenshots in high resolutions.

The lack of jaggies on the other hand is a clear sign of it being a bullshot.
The lack of jaggies come from it being rendered in absurdly high resolutions then scaled down.

Jay Sosa

Oh wow didn't read the entire title and thought this is for the 360..

Now on the one hand I'm pissed..on the other quite impressed. Looks beautiful and interesting, very Ico-esque.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Neon_Icarus said:
I hope he tries something different with the battle theme this time. :/ It's pretty much just copy and paste with him these days.

You should hear his RoF themes.

Skilletor

Jay Sosa said:
Oh wow didn't read the entire title and thought this is for the 360..

Now on the one hand I'm pissed..on the other quite impressed. Looks beautiful and interesting, very Ico-esque.

You mean you didn't read the thread title.

Ezalc said:
I like that, silent protagonists are the WORST thing possible in RPGs. Rarely does it ever work out nicely.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The bullshottery is strong with this one, and I dont see it as anything really out there for the 3DS. Pretty basic geometry (thanks to the art style), some blurry and pixelated textures, etc.

It does look great, but it doesn't look like something the 3DS couldn't do, especially when you factor in the bullshottery.

watershed

Banned
EatChildren said:
The bullshottery is strong with this one, and I dont see it as anything really out there for the 3DS. Pretty basic geometry (thanks to the art style), some blurry and pixelated textures, etc.

It does look great, but it doesn't look like something the 3DS couldn't do, especially when you factor in the bullshottery.

I think those textures look pretty good especially when you imagine them on the 3ds screen instead of these larger images. Also everything looks better in motion.

Squire

Banned
Wow. A tri-Ace game is on my radar. Thought that would never happen agiain!

Pretty funny them announcing this post-Gears of Start Ocean-tech demo, you gotta admit.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
It looks really nice.

Will be looking out for it in the future.

Solune

Ratrat said:
uh, those are bloomers and they look silly.
What's wrong with bloomers? At least they can put a female character into a game without pandering to certain audiences. They look fine.

Top Bottom