• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond the Labyrinth (3DS, Tri-Ace, Konami) Screens [Trailer]

wrowa said:
That was developed by Tri-Crescendo and not by tri-Ace, though.
I know. But because of it I keep my expectations in check (as much as I can). Not only that, it's Tri-Ace. I'm not their biggest fan, I'll give it the benefit of doubt

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why are people saying that the tri-Ace team that did VP2/RoF are the ones who did the other games (especially SO4)?

Paracelsus

GDGF said:
Waiting for someone to post a screen of "what it will really look like on 3DS" that looks 100X worse than it will actually look on the 3DS. Then thread will be complete.

Nah, game will look like that, just add 4xa (not a typo, I mean "aliasing")

Also

Curious to see what exactly they mean by "RPG."

This.

Paracelsus

Green Scar said:
What if it's basically Demon Souls, except you can only attack using environment objects, like pushing rocks from heights or lighting fires or stuff like that.

Can you level up from throwing rocks on monsters? If so, fine with me.

ace3skoot

I'm getting an Ico vibe, which is basically the best possible vibe a game could have.

looking forward to seeing it in motion with the 3D effects. the screens are looking hot.

:D

Paracelsus

faridmon said:
I don't know what people are seeing here. Those textures are horrible...

aH3Kk.jpg

szyMT.jpg

All in all I like this way more than Resident Evil

Bizzyb

Banned
I think it's safe to assume at this point that many high profile Japanese games will get NA releases.

They NEED the support/sales as the JPN market alone won't do it.
That said, I'm looking forward to this game, One-Piece and Tales of the Abyss

Game look gorgeous btw. Can't wait to see what they've done with MGS3 so far.

I really like the art style. It reminds me of Ico. However, I not really impressed with graphics on a technical level. The poly count doesn't seem that high and it needs some more normal mapping.

maxmars

Green Scar said:
What if it's basically Demon Souls, except you can only attack using environment objects, like pushing rocks from heights or lighting fires or stuff like that.

Portable Demon's souls? That would be something, expecially if they implemented some kind of streetpass feature in it.

Kolgar

I'm still getting used to the fact that, as good as this looks, those screens will have a whole extra dimension when I play on my 3DS.

Wow.

Keep in mind those are the wrong resolution and certainly have too much AA applied...the actual game might look more like this:

EZ0rC.png

(correct resolution and with some simulated aliasing)

GDGF said:
Waiting for someone to post a screen of "what it will really look like on 3DS" that looks 100X worse than it will actually look on the 3DS. Then thread will be complete.

blOJP.png

anddo0

Impressive! And an original title too.

I'm hopping on the 3DS train when Zelda: OOT releases. So, it's nice to see other titles that spark my interest.

Celine

UncleSporky said:
Keep in mind those are the wrong resolution and certainly have too much AA applied...the actual game might look more like this:

EZ0rC.png

(correct resolution and with some simulated aliasing)

Ha. I wanna say I didn't fulfill this because this pic is probably still a bit better than what it will really look like.
My secret hopes is that every 3DS game include an option to get 2xAA when 3D is off.
That's good enough for the small screen.

Luigiv

Celine said:
My secret hopes is that every 3DS game include an option to get 2xAA when 3D is off.
That's good enough for the small screen.
Every game is unlikely, given that some games double framerate in 2D mode (actually more like framerate throttling in 3D). However, if there's none of those framerate shenanigans at play then Devs have no excuse not to include it.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Londa said:
wow, wow, wow, those screens look better than some games on Wii. o_o goodness..

3DS purchase redeemed
Haha, I just saw them and those were my first thoughts. Probably because the launch games I picked up, while fun, were underwhelming graphically (3D effect notwithstanding).

But this really look good. Tri-Ace throwing some weight behind a handheld to create an original IP is exciting, regardless of how well you received their current gen games :p

Stumpokapow said:
1:1 screenshots from a 360 launch-era RPG for the purposes of comparison

(Enchant Arms)

That dosn't look too bad when compared against most JPRG's this gen.

Although, obviously, it has the look of "early 2005/6" actual gen graphics.

About the 3DS game, looks really good, I'll like to see footage of the game, but it does looks beautiful. I hope we can see more and more games starting to use 3DS graphic capabilities.

kinggroin

Banned
Pupi18 said:
Last Story looks better.

Xenoblade character models look like crap. Environment wise I think Xenoblade looks better.

Monster Hunter Tri looks better except characters models.

Nah. Monster Hunter Tri looks better in every way. It was and still is, a gorgoeus game imo.

That said, this game looks like a fantastic first effort from tri-ace. Cant wait to see some gameplay videos.

Requeim

7Th said:
Ueda and Team ICO status:

[ ] Not Told
[ ] Told
[X] No Country for Told Men
[X] Shadow of the Toldossus
[X] The Told Man and the Sea
[X] Night on Told Mountain
[X] War and Peace by Leo Toldstoy

9/10

actual lol

AceBandage said:
- 3D dungeon RPG
- young girl as a main characte
- director is tri-Ace's Takayuki Suguro
- produced by Konami's Shingo Mukaitouge
- published by Konami
- produced by Konami's Shingo Mukaitouge
- article features artwork of a young girl
- story will center on her
- name was not confirmed, nor did the interview reveal if this girl is the main character
- girl will talk a lot
- visuals and world view are being made bright
- game features ruins and similar locations
- girl wears her blonde hair in a ball
- developed to be a major draw for the 3DS
- 60% complete
- no release date
don't they always LOLOL

adhoclia

Neo Member
Quixzlizx said:
Isn't Tri-Ace famous for bullshots?
They're hardly "famous" for bullshots. I know for Star Ocean 4 they had bullshot incidents, but can't think of an instance before that.

Top Bottom