• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond the Labyrinth (3DS, Tri-Ace, Konami) Screens [Trailer]

Luigiv

Durante said:
I love the concept and the art, but I wish the game really looked like that. Tri-Ace are the kings of bullshots.
Well it's obviously going to be lower resolution with less (no?) AA, but other then that I don't see anything impossible for the 3DS to do. From a technical perspective, it still falls behind what Capcom are doing with their MTFM games.

Wark

This game is looking really nice and the music off of the site is awesome. Maybe I'll have to pick up a 3DS sooner or later.

Durante

Luigiv said:
Well it's obviously going to be lower resolution with less (no?) AA, but other then that I don't see anything impossible for the 3DS to do.
Lower resolution and no (it will be no, the 3DS doesn't support MSAA) AA is what I'm talking about. And to me at least that makes a huge difference, just compare the pre-release SO4 screenshots to what the final game looks like.

Clevinger

Luigiv said:
Well it's obviously going to be lower resolution with less (no?) AA

It looks so good because of the bullshit high resolution and AA. Sure, the art direction is really nice, but people wouldn't be drooling over this quite as much if it didn't look so clean.

Bullshotted SO4 looked great and clean, and ingame it was a blurry/jagged mess.

Luigiv

Durante said:
Lower resolution and no (it will be no, the 3DS doesn't support MSAA) AA is what I'm talking about. And to me at least that makes a huge difference, just compare the pre-release SO4 screenshots to what the final game looks like.
Fair enough. Lack of MSAA support doesn't mean no AA though. 2D mode could still have 2xSSAA (it's practically free so I would hope more devs start using it).

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Rahxephon91 said:
The girl looks cell shaded but the actual game dosen't. I don't know, the screens look strange to me, she looks strange in the environment.
It's not cel shading, it seems to be one of the popular 3DS shaders for character models.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
A few more games like this and I may have to reconsider holding out for a 3DS.
A price drop must be coming pretty soon...

Bit puzzling it doesn't look like a dungeon RPG but it is one, if it was an action/adventure or just adventure I'd be sold on it...kinda eager to see just how it plays at the core.

madara

Need to see this in motion, could be great. Something about the character and environment not meshing is my first reaction.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
AceBandage said:
- 3D dungeon RPG
- young girl as a main characte
- director is tri-Ace's Takayuki Suguro
- produced by Konami's Shingo Mukaitouge
- published by Konami
- article features artwork of a young girl
- story will center on her
- name was not confirmed, nor did the interview reveal if this girl is the main character
- girl will talk a lot
- visuals and world view are being made bright
- game features ruins and similar locations
- girl wears her blonde hair in a ball
- developed to be a major draw for the 3DS
- 60% complete
- no release date
*bow* Mukaitoge San, *bow*

jp 3ds import confirmed.

Amir0x

Banned
Dang that does look swell.

Also, "3D Dungeon RPG" is just the type of thing to get my blood going. Sounds rad, new 3DS game to anticipate acquired!

Mr_Brit

Banned
Bullshots through and through. The final game will look nothing like this.

I don't get why publishers release bullshots for portable games when we all know they won't look spectacular compared to console games.

Izayoi

Banned
Fantastic music. A Japanese 3DS is always so tempting. If only I weren't broke.

Ramenman said:
Unfortunately the "dungeon RPG" part (ie : the whole game) will probably bore me to death.
You're a monster.

Luigiv

On the topic of Shingo Mukaitouge, I found Valkyrie Profile 2 for only AU$19 on Ebay. Should I get it? I don't have my PS2 with me right now so how does it run on PCSX2? Will I be alright with my Core 2 Duo E6750?

Luigiv said:
On the topic of Shingo Mukaitouge, I found Valkyrie Profile 2 for only AU$19 on Ebay. Should I get it? I don't have my PS2 with me right now so how does it run on PCSX2? Will I be alright with my Core 2 Duo E6750?
I don't know anything about emulators and stuff but Valkyrie Profile 2 itself is an awesome game.

wrowa

Mr_Brit said:
Bullshots through and through. The final game will look nothing like this.

I don't get why publishers release bullshots for portable games when we all know they won't look spectacular compared to console games.
Are the screens bullshots? Most probably. Will the final game "look nothing like this"? Impossible to say and at this point a baseless assumption.

Now this is a game that looks like genuine effort in visual design has been put into it.
The backgrounds are a bit low poly for my taste, but damn the visual design and mood is really appealing to me.

Also, the screens look like a 3DS game to me. Compared with Revelations and MGS3 or the Conduit Engine port, it's about what I expect from serious 3DS projects.

Tucah

you speak so well
I'm looking forward to this, not because of the obvious typical tri-ace bullshots, but because the director directed one of my favorite RPGs of all time.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Waiting for someone to post a screen of "what it will really look like on 3DS" that looks 100X worse than it will actually look on the 3DS. Then thread will be complete.

-KRS-

Wow! Looks incredible!

I'm sure my 3DS owning friends will drop their jaws when they see these screen shots. This is definitely more in line with what I was expecting.

Top Bottom