• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Two Souls trophy list appears for PS4

NEO0MJ

While I don't care much for this game, I hope it means that Sony is willing to give other less successful PS3 games a PS4 up-port, like Puppeteer.

EGOMON

Good looking forward to PS4 release, B2S was freakin amazing on PS3 i can't imagine how good it will look on PS4

Awesome. I missed out on it, will be happy to play it for PS4. It seemed a lot better than Heavy Rain.

In terms of polish, lack of random French voices and quantity of Willem Dafoe it definitely edges out Heavy Rain, but in my opinion it's vastly inferior in practically every other way. Beyond is the game that everyone who didn't play Heavy Rain criticised Heavy Rain for being: an airquotes "game" where nothing you do really has any input on what happens. But, while Heavy Rain was very dumb in a lot of respects, the branching story and the way it gives your actions actual consequences are still remarkable to this day. Beyond is also very dumb in a lot of respects, but it's got an almost completely linear story where your actions have laughably little consequence. From the small scale (miss half the QTEs in a fight? Doesn't matter) to the large (burn down a house and attempt to personally murder every child inside it? Doesn't matter). I've never played a game where I felt like my presence as the player was less necessary than with Beyond.

EGOMON

While I don't care much for this game, I hope it means that Sony is willing to give other less successful PS3 games a PS4 up-port, like Puppeteer.
Yeah Puppeteer deserve another chance it was sent to death with that release date same goes to Rain i also would love to see GOW Ascension quick port on PS4

Shin-Ra

I expect superb image quality at 30fps for this.

iE9Xt6qX8cR3N.gif

prag16

Banned
How big is the Quantic Dream team? If this at all delays their prospective new game(s) I'm slightly annoyed.

Solid game though for those who haven't played it yet. Imo a bit less interesting than Heavy Rain though.

I have never played the game but what I saw was very impressive. Is a 2014 release realistic?
Wouldn't be surprised if it releases in September or October. If the Trophy list is out it's likely done.

How big is the Quantic Dream team? If this at all delays their prospective new game(s) I'm slightly annoyed.

Solid game though for those who haven't played it yet. Imo a bit less interesting than Heavy Rain though.

I'm sure it's delayed their next game by at least six months.
Big chance it isnt actually made by quantic dream and they just collaborated with another team creating the actual port. QD is about 150 employees strong.

morpix

Still not buying re-releases of PS3 games without anything extra bundled in. Already played this, The Last of Us, GTA5, Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs. Gimme some real goddamn games.

I really liked this game, probably one of my favorite ps3 exclusives in general. Dont think I will be getting this if it is over 30 dollars though

Mohasus

Oh boy, I totally forgot about this game after I finished it. Gonna watch the other endings on youtube right now. Not going to play through this again.

edit:
Holy shit, there are 24 endings.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope Sony will be honest toward player, pricing this for 40€, since the PS3 version can be find for 15€ NEW, and this time there are no DLCs or season pass (well, there's one DLC, 10 minutes long, that was included in the special edition, but it isn't worth the time spent on it).

Pretty sure they might just get away with it if they update it 1080p and 60FPS (who knows if they'll take that road). And I think we had a rumor thread where it was stated that the game was going to include scenes that had to be cut away from the game. So it will have new stuff. Maybe.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I doubt they will make the game 60 fps. It actually wouldn't suit the presentation, honestly.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt they will make the game 60 fps. It actually wouldn't suit the presentation, honestly.

I also doubt that, was being optimistic. If there's one studio that will use the "our games are cinematic therefore 30FPS", it's Quantic Dream.

Did they ever release the Dark Sorcerer demo in 60FPS? Or am I just making up things?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So where's God of War Ascension that shinobi tweeted about several months ago?

famousmortimer was apparently correct when he said this was coming.

Ironically when he mentioned B2S he said he wasn't sure about Last of Us coming to PS4.

Ahh, another remaster eh? Well, good thing I didn't buy it on PS3 at least. I didn't even buy Heavy Rain yet but that's probably gonna get remastered as well. I wonder how many more remasters we're going to see? Yawn.

Dragon

Banned
Writing? I liked the demo, but nay because of the writing? I think if the game is fun matters more. Maybe I am old-fashioned though.

Not old fashioned, but the gameplay isn't really that fun either. So bad story, bad characters, bad gameplay, great graphics. You make the call :).

Mr-Joker

Banned
Yay or nay? Never played it on PS3

edit: FWIW I enjoyed my time with my one playthrough of Heavy Rain

I say nay but I am bias as I hated the concept and the movie was boring.

What? No, WHY? It's a good looking game, and I bought it, but... Why?

Because Sony need to find a way to bulk up their library.

Just watch a playthrough on YouTube, it's like playing the game... but free

Indeed.

Percy

Banned
Still not buying re-releases of PS3 games without anything extra bundled in. Already played this, The Last of Us, GTA5, Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs. Gimme some real goddamn games.

Dunno about GTA5, but all of those games had/have all of their DLC "bundled in".

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

There are a TON of new games coming out. FAR MORE new games than remasters.

Also, every single one of those remastered games included the DLC.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'm wondering why Sony hasn't announced this yet. Once Last of Us Remastered leaked they pretty much confirmed it.

Nevertheless, I really hope this isn't $60 when it comes out.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Of all games to remaster/port, why this one? Didn't it get middling reviews?

I remember a love it/hate it dichotomy of opinion on this one.

It was a pricey production, and its release was completely overshadowed by Last of Us before IIRC, so it didn't sell as expected. With the dearth of big budget games on PS4, I think it's a safe bet to try to put some more black on the books with this one.

I'm interested in this. I enjoyed the demo on PS3 but never committed because of the poor reviews. If the game is priced right I'll get this for PS4.

I reeeeeally hope they release this with a budget price. I'd really love to try it out but man my wallet is crying already with all the games coming out and having to prepare for 2015.

TLOU says otherwise but that one was a way bigger release so who knows.

Katori

Was just wondering about this. When's the next (SCEA/E) big event that this could be announced at?

Out of all games they could remaster, they remaster this piece of shit. Not the Uncharted trilogy, not God of War 3 but this.

I am confident both will come. This was probably selected due to the ease of remastering, what with its engine having already been converted for PS4.

Surprised they still haven't announced the game....

TThough personally I would much rather replay heavy rain and fahrindigo propechy on my ps4 than beyond. Make with that sadness trilogy already Sony.

Replicant

In terms of polish, lack of random French voices and quantity of Willem Dafoe it definitely edges out Heavy Rain, but in my opinion it's vastly inferior in practically every other way. Beyond is the game that everyone who didn't play Heavy Rain criticised Heavy Rain for being: an airquotes "game" where nothing you do really has any input on what happens. But, while Heavy Rain was very dumb in a lot of respects, the branching story and the way it gives your actions actual consequences are still remarkable to this day. Beyond is also very dumb in a lot of respects, but it's got an almost completely linear story where your actions have laughably little consequence. From the small scale (miss half the QTEs in a fight? Doesn't matter) to the large (burn down a house and attempt to personally murder every child inside it? Doesn't matter). I've never played a game where I felt like my presence as the player was less necessary than with Beyond.

QFT. I like Beyond but your actions in Heavy Rain actually have serious consequences as limited as it was. Beyond lacked those consequences.

Also, Heavy Rain's QTEs are more exciting/tense.

Top Bottom