• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Baller Brand Introduces its first signature shoe: The ZO2 Prime, starts at $495

highrider

Banned
Design wise the whole logo and brand name are just terrible. I respect wanting to create a brand, and the shoes themselves aren't that bad, but 495.. Breh. I mean, does anybody want to rock big Baller anything?

Looks like a Kobe knockoff...can't blame them though because those Kobes were some of the most comfortable shoes i ever had for basketball. But LOL at the price. There is even a 1000 dollar version with an autograph by Lonzo...

Megatron

Hope Lavarr loses a lot of money on these...

It will be hilarious when he drops the price to $100 and still can't sell them. Delusional.

Arol

Forgot what podcast I was listening to the other day but I think at this point it seems like he is costing his son money since I kinda agree with the point one of the commentators made.

Why not sign some million dollar deal now, get some cash flow going into the family, once you've proven yourself in the NBA, negotiate to get BBB as a partner of a big shoe company?

Mudcrab

Bruh these shits cost $495

Lavar.gif

norm9

Looks like a Kobe knockoff...can't blame them though because those Kobes were some of the most comfortable shoes i ever had for basketball. But LOL at the price. There is even a 1000 dollar version with an autograph by Lonzo...

Yeah, looks alot like the Kobe XI's, minus the swoosh. Same faux exotic material too.

I think there's a way to do the thing he (or his father, really) is trying to do.

I don't think they are doing it the right way. Having a loud, boisterous asshole try to start a new brand and sell a $500 shoe is probably not the way to go.

I mean honestly this part is the only major problem I see.
His dad running the ship has both good and bad examples.

While he made an ass of himself when he got the camera in front of him, he did manage to get a lot of attention for their brand. Ultimately this was the plan from the start. Since the beginning he's said he wanted his kids to own their own product so going the being sponsored route by Nike and the like wasn't the plan.

You might see it as the wrong way to do it, but what other way do you see an athlete capitalizing on the markets that basically make money off them?

Say all this fizzles out today, and he goes away completely. If Lonzo does well in the NBA he'll still get a contract thrown at him. Also his brothers will still have a full ride to UCLA.

Don't get me wrong, those shoes aren't for me, and $500 is a stupid price.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Forgot what podcast I was listening to the other day but I think at this point it seems like he is costing his son money since I kinda agree with the point one of the commentators made.

Why not sign some million dollar deal now, get some cash flow going into the family, once you've proven yourself in the NBA, negotiate to get BBB as a partner of a big shoe company?

At this point the defense of "He's doing it all to get his kids in a better position" is laughable. He's costing them money and making them the butt of jokes. A top prospect got no shoe deal because of his dad's hubris. NBA teams aren't going to want super dad on the sidelines of their games either, and I wouldn't be surprised if that alone makes Lonzo drop a few spots. It's not going to make him plummet out of the lottery or anything, but every spot is about a half million per year in salary that he'd lose.

El Topo

Got a meeting with the bank tomorrow to discuss a loan.

"Okay, Mr. TS-08. It says here you want to take a loan to buy basketball shoes. Not unreasonable, if I may say so. May I inquire which shoes you want to purchase?"
"I wanna buy the ZO2 Prime."
"Sir, please get the fuck out of there."

While he made an ass of himself when he got the camera in front of him, he did manage to get a lot of attention for their brand. Ultimately this was the plan from the start. Since the beginning he's said he wanted his kids to own their own product so going the being sponsored route by Nike and the like wasn't the plan.

You might see it as the wrong way to do it, but what other way do you see an athlete capitalizing on the markets that basically make money off them?

If all this fizzles out today, and he goes away completely, if Lonzo does well in the NBA he'll still get a contract thrown at him. Also his brothers will still have a full ride to UCLA.

He's pricing himself out of the market before he is even a percentage in it... Dude is absolutely crazy and it's going to hurt his kids more than anything.

If all this fizzles out today, and he goes away completely, if Lonzo does well in the NBA he'll still get a contract thrown at him. Also his brothers will still have a full ride to UCLA.

And if Lonzo busts out or is just mediocre, he's gonna wish he had signed a deal instead of letting his dad manage him.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Isn't this a massive NCAA violation, like the most blatant one ever?
Not that I give a shit about the NCAA... They can go fuck themselves.

Shoe companies don't do that.

Rival

Gold Member
Much better than I expected. I honestly expected something resembling the homer car.

Wait these things are $495? Fuck off Ball. No one is going to buy these.

Loxley

And just to be clear, non of this guy's kids are actually in the NBA (yet), right?

Obviously there's nothing wrong with just starting your own sports brand, that's cool, but usually when you attach a star player to said brand, they're in the pros and have proved themselves by that point. This seems...premature. Especially at that price o_O

Hydrargyrus

Looking the BBB page... is the own Lavar the one who's posing with the clothes?

And seems to be edited with MS Paint

BBB_mens_green_longsleeve_front.jpg

I think I'm genuinely angry at just the mere idea of this shoe. The execution is infuriating.

It's like something out of the PNB or Dada camp from 15 years ago. This some Karl Kani tom foolery. Has to be.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Harp

The pricing is crazy. But the shoe look better then most of the none major shoes out there. I wonder if they are getting blacked balled in the entire industry? Because just about all the Chinese manufacturer shoes look worse then this.

Not a "shoe guy" but those looks pretty generic, and kinda ugly, and not worth that asking price. Also the company name is hilariously bad.

Top Bottom