• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 19 |OT| Fake Apples, Real Snakes

Some big things happened today in the house, so click at your own risk.

Well Kevin told Jessica that the house is trying to flip. Jess then tells Cody and the realization started to settle in that they're getting played by Paul, and that Paul isn't letting Elena in on the plan to evict Ramses instead of Josh. Cody said he was going to try and intimidate Jason into giving him information about a possible flip, he tried and failed. Then he tried with Alex. He failed, now Cody is going around the house eating everything he can, pacing like a lunatic. While Jessica is trying to play it cool. The house is already starting to exchange notes about what's going on, they're preparing for some craziness.
You can't spell Cody without "LMFAO".

Farsi

You can't spell Cody without "LMFAO".

giphy.gif

Farsi

It continues.

Jess is having a bit of an emotional breakdown because of Paul. She keeps saying how disappointed she is in herself. Cody is trying to comfort her but it's not working.

She's literally sitting naked in the shower doing this by the way.
nAJJiCR.png

Meanwhile downstairs Paul knows about what's going on and so does Josh. Paul told Josh tomorrow to ignore Cody because Josh's trash talk doesn't impact him, but Cody gets really upset when Josh goes after Jessica so Paul told Josh to go after Jessica hard.

JettDash

It continues.

Jess is having a bit of an emotional breakdown because of Paul. She keeps saying how disappointed she is in herself. Cody is trying to comfort her but it's not working.

She's literally siting naked in the shower doing this by the way.
nAJJiCR.png

Meanwhile downstairs Paul knows about what's going on and so does Josh. Paul told Josh tomorrow to ignore Cody because Josh's trash talk doesn't impact him, but Cody gets really upset when Josh goes after Jessica so Paul told Josh to go after Jessica hard.

lol

It is her fault for not using the veto on Ramses and putting Paul on the block.

It continues.

She's literally sitting naked in the shower doing this by the way.
nAJJiCR.png

It would be truly hilarious if Ramses wasn't the one they were going after and she had actually put up anyone else.

Daria

Some big things happened today in the house, so click at your own risk.

Well Kevin told Jessica that the house is trying to flip. Jess then tells Cody and the realization started to settle in that they're getting played by Paul, and that Paul isn't letting Elena in on the plan to evict Ramses instead of Josh. Cody said he was going to try and intimidate Jason into giving him information about a possible flip, he tried and failed. Then he tried with Alex. He failed, now Cody is going around the house eating everything he can, pacing like a lunatic. While Jessica is trying to play it cool. The house is already starting to exchange notes about what's going on, they're preparing for some craziness.

lol two horrible players.

but why is kevin talking though? somebody earlier mentioned he's playing the good guy and keeping attention elsewhere. if nobody, paul mostly, is ok with this getting out, why mention it to Jory? unless he's preparing for an enemy of your enemy is your friend flip

mreddie

Barbie and Ken owned the house for like 5 seconds before Paul played them like chumps.
This week, the Paul show maybe worth it just to see JessCody plans go in flames.

MisterHero

but why is kevin talking though? somebody earlier mentioned he's playing the good guy and keeping attention elsewhere. if nobody, paul mostly, is ok with this getting out, why mention it to Jory? unless he's preparing for an enemy of your enemy is your friend flip

Kevin is starting to hate Josh and is possibly tired of Paul bossing people around. Also he liked Ramses. It's not Paul's fault Ramses got put up, but he was targeting him before this week all the same.

Farsi said:
Josh doesn't realize that Paul is tanking his game. Josh continues making an ass of himself in front of everyone, and Paul gets none of the blowback.

NYR

MAJOR FEED UPDATE:

Jess just told her temptation advantage to Kevin, who is working with Paul. Stupid, stupid, stupid. She just killed Cody's and hers last chance at the game. WHY!!!???!!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!!!
Bahahahha, what an idiot.

sammex

I'm watching from the UK so am a day behind plus don't get live streams over here. A few thoughts:

Man, Josh is a giant baby. He's such an emotional infant with his constant crying. Talk about arrested development. I almost hope he goes home just to see him cry in front of Julie.

Ramses deserves to go as he's such a non-entity - I can't remember seeing him since he fucked up throwing that POV to get backdoor Cody.

Ugh Raven! Worst poker face ever. Almost fucked everything up right there.

Cody continues to be a straight up sociopath. <dead stare at the screen> "I'm pretending to be a real human because I need to up my social game. I'm also turned on by ruthlessness/Jessica being a mean girl! I could feel Josh's spirits were crushed. That satisfied me." Also someone feed Jessica, her arms scare me.

I like Jason and Alex the best, they seem like genuine nice people (from the edit they get). Paul was great last year but I'm not feeling him this time around and would prefer he wasn't dominating everything so much.

Not using the veto was so idiotic. Can't believe Jess, seriously poor HoH game.

MAJOR FEED UPDATE:

Jess just told her temptation advantage to Kevin, who is working with Paul. Stupid, stupid, stupid. She just killed Cody's and hers last chance at the game. WHY!!!???!!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!!!

But no one can do anything about it. If anything it guarantees them more safety because no one will waste their noms on them.

Kev is somewhat close to Ramses and he's playing the long con by keeping both sides of the house happy and not pissed at him. It only backfires if Cody and Jess sell out Kev to Paul and they have no reason to do that since Kev can flip to them if he wants.

netguy503

But no one can do anything about it. If anything it guarantees them more safety because no one will waste their noms on them.

guess you haven't seen Survivor then. If anything, telling someone you have a power is more likely then not going to get the house to vote you on the block sooner rather than later if only to "flush out" the power and not make you have the advantage anymore. Telling anyone you have a power is just a bad move in general and Reality TV 101.

Also, they have been talking alot on the feed that next week there is a very good chance of a double eviction. If so, and if Paul does believe Jess has a power which has been brought up to him but I don't think he believes it currently, that would be a great time to strike as not only will he take away the opponent's advantage but he'll also get another shot of taking someone else out in that same week so it wouldn't be a wasted week for his side of not getting someone out of the house.

just watched the last episode. It was great. Thats why i love Big Brother. Cant wait for Eviction today. hahaha worst hoh+Veto EVER. Jess needs to get rid of Cody. He is so bad for her game it`s crazy. Ofcourse it was her final decision but Cody told her to not make more enemies and that`s what made her keep the noms.

netguy503

just watched the last episode. It was great. That`s why i love Big Brother. Cant wait for Eviction today. hahaha worst hoh+Veto EVER. Jess needs to get rid of Cody. He is so bad for her game it`s crazy. Ofcourse it was her final decision but Cody told her to not make more enemies and that`s what made her keep the noms.

really worse than Dani giving Dan, on his return season, the power to cast out her boyfriend right at final three,so close to the end of the game, on that season when she had all the power? Come on, this was a stupid play, but it's not the first time a player has made a bad move in BB history. That house must drive you nuts with paranoia.

And honestly, say you got what you wanted, and Jess used the veto and now it's Josh and Alex/Alex and Ramses on the block. You really think they would vote out Alex when Alex is working closely with Paul and everybody except Jess and Cody are doing what Paul tells them? I don't think so.

No, the time they messed up was not putting up two threats at HOH. That's where she messed up, by veto it was way too late. But I get her reasoning at the HOH ceremony that Cody had just come back and she was trying to mend relationships to help both their games. This game messes with your head. It's easy to comment as a viewer (where we know alot more than they know about then they know) but as a player it must be really stressful.

NYR

really worse than Dani giving Dan, on his return season, the power to cast out her boyfriend right at final three,so close to the end of the game, on that season when she had all the power?
Not the worst but definitely top 3, but only because Dan out-played her.

1. Marcellas gave up the veto and got voted out.

2. Lawon volunteers to be evicted in hopes of a super power only to go into battleback and lose, lol.

3. Danielle gives up veto and only vote to Dan.

netguy503

Yes, I don't think Cody is a bad player at all. He has won every comp he has been in, hasn't he? In fact, if I was Jess, I would of put up Cody and either Mark or Matt at HOH, guaranteeing we are both automatically in the veto comp and knowing Cody's history in the house he would most likely win, once Cody wins I would backdoor Paul at veto so even if I don't get Paul out their side of the house loses a big physical threat and I increase my chances of winning comps/winning the game. That's probably how I would of played the week.

MisterHero

Backdooring Paul is nonsense at this point. He's a perfect pawn though. My ideal targets, Josh and Alex, would have ZERO chance against Paul in an eviction. Use the nominations to convince the floaters to turn on Paul as well.

They were so close to destroying Josh's game this week. Oh well.

netguy503

Backdooring Paul is nonsense at this point. He's a perfect pawn though. My ideal targets, Josh and Alex, would have ZERO chance against Paul in an eviction. Use the nominations to convince the floaters to turn on Paul as well.

They were so close to destroying Josh's game this week. Oh well.

Josh has a game? Is he smart enough to have a game?

I think Josh and Ramses are throw away noms at this point. They have been shown to be people you could easily get out at any time. Putting up Mark/Matt with a backdoor plan for Paul would of been ideal. That way no matter what a big threat to your game would be out of the house and the other side would of been crushed. I would say that you shouldn't try to burn bridges with a move like that, but Jess and Cody have no bridges left to burn at that point.

If Jess's hex allowed her not only to halt the eviction but to put new people up for eviction to be voted on that night (usually I would say she would use the power and the HOH would decide replacement noms, but she IS HOH this week) and she put up Paul and Mark ensuring one of them went home that would be a EPIC Reality TV moment. But I don't understand the extent of the Hex power.

And honestly, say you got what you wanted, and Jess used the veto and now it's Josh and Alex/Alex and Ramses on the block. You really think they would vote out Alex when Alex is working closely with Paul and everybody except Jess and Cody are doing what Paul tells them? I don't think so.

No, the time they messed up was not putting up two threats at HOH. That's where she messed up, by veto it was way too late. But I get her reasoning at the HOH ceremony that Cody had just come back and she was trying to mend relationships to help both their games. This game messes with your head. It's easy to comment as a viewer (where we know alot more than they know about then they know) but as a player it must be really stressful.

That`s the point. If Jess put up Alex or Raven or Paul Josh would 100% go home and that was Jess`s goal!

It wasnt her plan to make a big move and get rid of Alex/ paul etc. She hates Josh and using her Veto on Ramses and putting up somebody who the house wouldnt vote out like Alex etc. would have been the perfect plan to get rid of Josh.

That`s why Paul was so shocked in todays episode. He couldnt believe that jess didnt use the Veto on Ramses.

and ofcourse this game is really stressful and we as viewers have more information then the players but Jess had a feeling that something is up! She told Cody but he told her that it`s paranoia and she should stick to her plan. Everything is gonna be alright. Well look what happened now. Paul played her. He is the king of the house.

He isnt HOH or won the VETO and at the end he still decided who goes home. that`s a perfect week for him. + he now knows that the house will do everything he wants them to do.

edit: This week shows that Paul is 100% focused. After the noms he knew right away that he can use this to his advantage. He covered all his bases. Telling Alex and Jason that it is smarter to get rid of Ramses and that Josh is a bigger target for Jess and Cody then these two. Then telling the same to Matt and Raven and the perfection came with him talking to Josh telling him to act sad so Jess and Cody dont notice anything until Eviction night. Josh wanted to go crazy on Veto night but Paul right away said NO!!!!! wait till thursday!

this guy is good but it helps that the other houseguests are either super bad at this game or sheeps that follow Paul.

MisterHero

Josh has a game? Is he smart enough to have a game?

I think Josh and Ramses are throw away noms at this point. They have been shown to be people you could easily get out at any time. Putting up Mark/Matt with a backdoor plan for Paul would of been ideal. That way no matter what a big threat to your game would be out of the house and the other side would of been crushed. I would say that you shouldn't try to burn bridges with a move like that, but Jess and Cody have no bridges left to burn at that point.

If Jess's hex allowed her not only to halt the eviction but to put new people up for eviction to be voted on that night (usually I would say she would use the power and the HOH would decide replacement noms, but she IS HOH this week) and she put up Paul and Mark ensuring one of them went home that would be a EPIC Reality TV moment. But I don't understand the extent of the Hex power.
Josh is Paul's big distraction tool so yes getting rid of him would be easy and useful. Ramses could've been an extra vote against Paul when the time came so his nomination was just plain stupid. This week will probably be the worst set of moves this season.

They don't have the votes for Paul. They could've dismantled his minions one by one though, and even the most threatening ones when put against him.

Ganhyun

If I was Paul, this would be my preferred boot order the next few weeks, if possible.

Ramses (tonight)
Jessica/Cody
Jessica/Cody

Yea, I know she has the hex, but if next week is a double eviction like the house supposedly thinks, then forcing the Hex out of Jessica then does the least amount of damage since there is still 1 vote out in the week.

From there it gets tricky as he is allied with most of the remaining players in some way.

agree. If i was paul i wouldnt want to become HOH. Maybe this HOH to put up jess and cody but after that the rest of the people are all of his alliance. Sure you are safe for that week but you nominate 2 of your people. It`s better to let somebody else get blood on their hands and Paul fights for veto to stay safe this way .

Zalasta

This season is terrible. Lopsided house, then you got everything going right for the minority this week, they didn't need to rely on anybody else to dictate the eviction, yet they put their fate in the others?

TheYanger

This season is terrible. Lopsided house, then you got everything going right for the minority this week, they didn't need to rely on anybody else to dictate the eviction, yet they put their fate in the others?

No such thing as a lopsided house, it just means they have to cannibalize each other sooner the bigger an alliance is. Also, no pity for Cody and Jess, Cody is an actual dumb asshole and Jess is a mean bitch.

Quick question. .. I think Julie Chen said last week that we would find out what the consequence is for jess accepting the temptation. Possible forshadowing that ramses might be saved? Double eviction?

netguy503

Quick question. .. I think Julie Chen said last week that we would find out what the consequence is for jess accepting the temptation. Possible forshadowing that ramses might be saved? Double eviction?

I think double eviction has to happen to keep them on schedule for the end of season date because of the battle back so that should not be a consequence. But yes, I believe she said we will find out what the consequence is on tonight's episode and I'm excited as she said it would effect the entire house.

killroy87

I think double eviction has to happen to keep them on schedule for the end of season date because of the battle back so that should not be a consequence. But yes, I believe she said we will find out what the consequence is on tonight's episode and I'm excited as she said it would effect the entire house.

Didn't they need to pad an extra week because of Meagan though?

Top Bottom