• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 19 |OT| Fake Apples, Real Snakes

NYR

Okay. Show has about a week left to get Paul or this season is too easy to predict. Right now it looks like this is the boot order:

Mark
Kevin
Raven
Matt
Jason
Christmas
Josh
Alex
Paul
Fuck. This is looking like it will happen, Jason might have moved up a two pegs.

MisterHero

If Paul wins, where will he rank on the all time list?

Has to be top five right?
I can't even rate his gameplay because no one else is playing, almost as if they are sketchy if they dare to have fun. I'm more content sharing my contempt for this cast than giving him more credit.

I kind of want to watch BB18 now, I missed it

NYR

If Paul wins, where will he rank on the all time list?

Has to be top five right?
No way. It's like scoring 100 points against an elementary basketball team. Look at who he is competing against, so many recruits who can't even play or haven't even watched. Kevin has no clue what is going on at all. Paul has convinced them all since he is a vet, he is playing the right way and they should follow him - they are in awe of him. Anyone who tries to do something he doesn't like, he gets his army to squash them.

JettDash

No way. It's like scoring 100 points against an elementary basketball team. Look at who he is competing against, so many recruits who can't even play or haven't even watched. Kevin has no clue what is going on at all. Paul has convinced them all since he is a vet, he is playing the right way and they should follow him - they are in awe of him. Anyone who tries to do something he doesn't like, he gets his army to squash them.

That means he's playing well.

Also consider that last year he was a recruit who didn't watch before and played with four vets (plus Tiffany and Paulie), and would have won if he didn't take Nicole to F2.

Farsi

How does she scam people out of cash?

After the show she and James were involved in a bunch of drama, some of it stemming from a situation where James started a gofundme campaign for her family for a bunch of health related stuff she apparently needed cash for, they raised a few grand if I remember correctly. James gave her that money, she had no receipts so the community turned on her. Then it just escalated from there.

TeegsD

This season started off so well, and now it's just following the same formula as the last few years. I'm so sick of everyone just voting with the house. I keep telling myself that it's this week that folks will turn on Paul...but nope. Utilizing the 1 free month of CBS Access to catch the live feeds and also started watching through BB7 All Stars and its a night and day difference. People are too scared to make moves.

DonShula

Paul still has a way to go before he's anointed this season's winner. He's only in a final two with Alex, who is also in a final two with someone else. And unless he wins HOH in the final 3, he's going to get evicted - no one is so dumb as to take him to the final two if they have a choice. His entire season boiled down to that one dumb mistake last year and it ought to be fairly fresh in everyone's mind right now.

They may not raise up and backdoor him, but they're smart enough not to hand it to him either.

This season is so similar to the Redemption Island season of Survivor that Boston Rob won. He also had a cult of groupies for an alliance who were too star struck to act against him, and he didn't let them talk to anyone outside their alliance. There was even a loud crazy person filling the Josh role (Phillip). In the final 3, they basically said "my strategy was allying with Rob."

That said, I'm not so sure Paul will win. Unless he takes Josh of course. Paul is an arrogant dick with crap jury management. It REALLY matters who is sitting next to him.

Parch

That episode made Paul look like he's in a really good position. Annoying thing is they're right. He's the third wheel for three pairs and successfully turning those pairs against each other. He's playing well.

I just brain dump after each season so I don't remember, but BB has never brought back just one vet to compete, have they?
There is no replacement for experience. It really is a significant advantage, especially from a player who went so far his first time around. Plus give him early immunity to give him time to establish his game and it's pretty much a sure thing the smart vet is going to have success.

Jasper

Derrick still being a shithead!

Now that Josh (aka Paul minion no.1) revealed on the live feeds that Derrick pulled him aside and told him to "stop being a follower", Derrick had this to say on twitter...

Capture.jpg

The fact that he's proud of trying to interfere with the game truly demonstrates just how envious & scared he is of Paul stealing his title of ultimate Big Brother master manipulator and puppet-master.

If a former house-guest had walked into Derrick's season and said what Derrick said to this season's cast, you know Derrick would have been up in arms having a hissy fit and complaining about outside influence messing with his puppet master gameplay.

Jasper

It really is a significant advantage, especially from a player who went so far his first time around. Plus give him early immunity to give him time to establish his game and it's pretty much a sure thing the smart vet is going to have success.

What about other Big Brother vets who have played the game with an assortment of advantages?

Big Brother legend Dan Gheesling also had protection from eviction when he returned, or last year when the four vets had to captain their own teams of newbies...meaning the vets for the most part were also safe from eviction in the earlier weeks. How about other returning vets (e.g. Rachel Riley) and all the rigging that went on to make sure they won their seasons?

Even with the first few weeks of immunity, Paul would never have been sent out the door. He's proven himself to be very manipulative, and was even able to flip the house that first week into blindsiding the HOH and to save competition beast Christmas (Paul's ally - note she had not broken her foot yet at this time) and have weakling no competition Jillian evicted instead.

Jasper

Go Derrick, Fuck Paul.

So you're perfectly fine with the idea of a bitter & jealous former house-guest strolling into the Big Brother house and purposefully trying to influence how the game is being played as well as attempt to sabotage a house-guest?

That's what I find amazing about this season. Some Big Brother fans are so desperate to see Paul evicted, that they are even happy if the most basic fundamental of Big Brother (which is house-guests being secluded with no outside influence) is broken.

killroy87

So you're perfectly fine with the idea of a bitter & jealous former house-guest strolling into the Big Brother house and purposefully trying to influence how the game is being played as well as attempt to sabotage a house-guest?

That's what I find amazing about this season. Some Big Brother fans are so desperate to see Paul evicted, that they are even happy if the most basic fundamental of Big Brother (which is house-guests being secluded with no outside influence) is broken.
You need to chill the fuck out lol

lenovox1

Honestly? It's not that serious.

IKizzLE

The game has been rigged for nearly 2 decades. Relax.

DonShula

Derrick still being a shithead!

Now that Josh (aka Paul minion no.1) revealed on the live feeds that Derrick pulled him aside and told him to "stop being a follower", Derrick had this to say on twitter...

Capture.jpg

The fact that he's proud of trying to interfere with the game truly demonstrates just how envious & scared he is of Paul stealing his title of ultimate Big Brother master manipulator and puppet-master.

If a former house-guest had walked into Derrick's season and said what Derrick said to this season's cast, you know Derrick would have been up in arms having a hissy fit and complaining about outside influence messing with his puppet master gameplay.

This effectively means nothing. It was general advice, which has a decent chance of meaning something other than "get Paul out" to Josh's ears. In fact Josh could end up doing something stupid that benefits anyone else including Paul.

Derrick didn't even mention any names. He may as well have said "play hard and have fun" or something similarly benign.

No point in worrying about the integrity of Big Brother. It's heavily manipulated trash tv. Don't worry, I'm sure the producers will invent some new power to save Paul if the recruited zombies show signs of independent thought.

Yup

xaosslug

BB already changed the rules by giving a vet immunity for THREE WEEKS... I think that's when most peeps were over this season. Fan of Paul or not... that shit is fucking foul.

E92 M3

I wanted Jess or Cody to win, but hoping Paul does now. Alex is good too because she likes Bioshock.

No one else deserves the 500k - just a bunch of sheep.

Christmas just got slayed by the Zingbot.

I mean...really? The way it was done was great, but he made fun of her broken foot, the easiest and least personal insult. Zingbot needs some new writers. "Lol ur fat" isn't a great zing, especially for a fuckwit target like Josh.

I was so excited when Paul came back but he basically got handed Jury and he's been an awful fucking person this time around so I ended up just tuning out.

BB already changed the rules by giving a vet immunity for THREE WEEKS... I think that's when most peeps were over this season. Fan of Paul or not... that shit is fucking foul.

That's what set the season. If you're a player, are you going to make a deal with someone you know is safe for 3 weeks, or a someone who can go home the next week.

It changed how Paul would have played the game, and how others could have played.

You know what would have been a great Zing for the whole house?
Zingbot - "People have been complaining that there is no cool alliance names this season. I think "Paul's Minions" is a great name! ZING!!!!!!!!"

Go Alex! Paul is in a good spot, but things make shake up as the numbers dwindle.

Remember America voted for Paul's temptation. Could've been anyone. How is the show rigged unless you think production threw the numbers?

Top Bottom