• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 19 |OT| Fake Apples, Real Snakes

Cabal

That's crazy. My partner and I lost to a doubles team in tennis districts that went on to take 2nd in state and I was pissed they didn't win. If I get eliminated by someone, I want them to win so I can say I lost to the best. Respect greatness.

It’s hard to compare this to tennis, but the best example I can think of would be this: Imagine how you would feel, if you were playing a 6 point match and the team that beat you were given a 2 point lead by default as a handicap, because they played in last year’s tournament. Forgetting anything social, that’s pretty much what Paul got from Big Brother.

Now add the fact that most of these people were lied to, in some cases unnecessarily and you can probably see where some of them don’t give a fuck about how “great” his game was.

Lying is definitely part of the game, but he had some deceptions that were beyond what was necessary. Not to mention he had an active hand in bullying Cody and Mark who he knew were going to jury. That was 3 of his votes trashed from the get go. I still think he might have caught Mark and Elena’s vote if he could have taken Christmas to the final two, but it’s hard to know. He fucked up way before that last HOH.

kirblar

Paul LIES TO PEOPLES FACES AFTER THEYVE ALREADY LEFT THE GAME.

This is the problem. He overplays like crazy, setting up all these ridiculous split votes for no reason other to entertain himself, then doesn't bother to go and do anything to even say GG. He doesn't know how to not come off as a two-faced dick.

The whole trick on Survivor/BB is surviving eliminations while not losing the votes of jurors in the process. Russell Hantz made fun of people after they were eliminated (this was not shown on TV, of course) and it very much played into why he got a combined 2 votes at 2 FTC appearances.

Kevin let out a secret during his interview about what was going on in Jury House.

He said that Cody/Elena/Mark/Jason/Alex had a pact to not vote for Paul to win. Kevin said he was pressured to agree to the pact and he did because he was pressured into doing so whilst locked up in jury house (this is the promise Cody was talking about when he looked at his fellow jury members and turned his key).

Kevin said that he changed him mind the night before finale (when jury members leave jury house and move into their own hotel room) and decided to go against the pact, because he knew Paul played the better game.

So all this crap about Paul's final speech and his answers to the questions costing him the win are garbage. A pact had already been made that no matter who sat next to Paul, will be the winner of Big Brother and not Paul.

In the end, Paul not winning actually benefits him in a strange way. Him being robbed by a bitter jury twice in a row by a single vote...just makes him a more iconic & polarizing Big Brother legend. Basically he's the Russell Hantz of Big Brother and Russell Hantz is a hell of a lot more infamous than practically every winner of Survivor.
Yeah, but if that many players were in on a pact to make sure he didn't win, that means a major reason why he was never targetted throughout the game was because a lot of players knew sitting next to him final two was a guaranteed win.

In there was no pact, people would have been more open to taking him out sooner.

It works both ways.

Arkeband

Banned
I really thought when Paul pulled Alex aside and gave her a real talk about how he couldn't use the veto on her, that he would've earned her vote after she had over a week to chill out about it.

I thought that was a true sign of respect and showed that if the circumstances were different, he definitely would've rode with her but the math just didn't work.

It wasn't 'real talk' because he still framed it as a necessary evil based on the way things shook out when he orchestrated Jason's eviction and also hers. If he was being real he would have told her that he never intended to bring her to final 2 and he's letting her know that their plan has been and still is to evict her. That would have been complete honesty and is what Josh relayed to them during goodbye messages.

Jasper

Why is it so hard to believe for so many of you that the majority of the jury members felt stupid for how Paul played them all season, and not voting for Paul was simply payback for their own stupidity?

Regarding the 5 person pact between Cody/Alex/Jason/Mark/Elena to not vote for Paul no matter what, I just watched an interview where Cody is laughing about orchestrating the pact whilst in Jury house.

Note this is the same man who in his interviews before entering Big Brother stated that Paul was his most hated houseguest - and then of course whilst playing Big Brother, he repeatedly tried to get Paul out of the game.

Cody making sure Paul lost was a personal objective. Alex also said in her interview yesterday that she was going to vote for Paul even after she was evicted, but then the others in jury were telling her that Paul was calling her nasty names behind her back (an absolute LIE). This was just another tactic by Cody to recruit another jury member in his pact against Paul.

He's a 32 year old broke man from rural Texas who was outsmarted by a 24 year old rich brat living in a mansion in La La Land (who he had already hated before meeting him)...and for a self proclaimed "alpha-male" like Cody, it pissed him off BIG TIME!!!

This was clearly a bitter & petty jury full of sore losers, and it seems to me a lot of you want to find a reason to not believe it.

On another note, I just wanted to say I find Dominique disgusting. In her interview yesterday, she said she prayed for Paul not to win. What kind of a so-called Christian would bother God with a prayer insisting somebody lose a reality television competition?

Seriously...the bitterness this season was insane!

Tregard

Soothsayer
Not a single person here is denying the jury wasn't bitter, but even then it's still on Paul for allowing the jury to fill up with people who didn't want him to win.

Jasper

Are you kidding me?

The majority of the houseguests who left pre-jury are publicly celebrating that Paul lost...because like every eviction, Paul had a hand in their eviction too.

In fact, now that I think about it, I don't think it was just bitterness. I seriously think there's also an element of jealously from the others that Paul played such an incredible game.

It's a combination of bitterness and jealously. Seriously, Paul never stood a chance with this season of sore loser houseguests.

lenovox1

Are you kidding me?

The majority of the houseguests who left pre-jury are publicly celebrating that Paul lost...because like every eviction, Paul had a hand in their eviction too.

In fact, now that I think about it, I don't think it was just bitterness. I seriously think there's also an element of jealously from the others that Paul played such an incredible game.

It's a combination of bitterness and jealously. Seriously, Paul never stood a chance with this season of sore loser houseguests.

Haha! No. These people (specifically Dominique and Jessica and likely Megan since she walked because of him) took everything Paul did to them personally.

This is not a Survivor cast or even a typical BB cast. They don't give a shit about the sanctity of the "game" that they were barely playing. There is an argument for Cody feeling humiliated, but that's it.

Paul personally offended almost each and every one of them because they didn't see it as a game and a couple of them truly thought Paul was their best friend.

You're thinking far too hard about this because you're on the outside looking in and you were able to see every move Paul made in real time. The real human people that were in this house did not have that luxury. As mentioned before, the jury house is also nothing like Ponderosa. They don't actually ever get properly process everything until after all is said and done.

Parch

Absolutely. When they admit that they made a pact in the jury house, then there's nothing Paul could have done on final night.

There in no way in the world that Josh deserved to win this. It's bitter jury, plain and simple.

They cast a bunch of gullible and stupid people, and those stupid people made a bad and petty decision just to deny the person who should have won.

kirblar

Absolutely. When they admit that they made a pact in the jury house, then there's nothing Paul could have done on final night.

There in no way in the world that Josh deserved to win this. It's bitter jury, plain and simple.

They cast a bunch of gullible and stupid people, and those stupid people made a bad and petty decision just to deny the person who should have won.
It was on Paul to correct his mistakes w/ Jury handling. Jason/Alex should not have been unwinnable votes for Paul, but the way he handled their evictions led them to want to screw him over.

Relationships are a two-way street.

He didn't learn the right lessons from the first time he played and it cost him again.

daemissary

Josh did everything "bad" that Paul did and he got carried. Saying Paul was the one behind the bullying of Mark and Cody is totally disingenuous when Josh was the one actually doing the bullying.

lenovox1

Saying Paul was the one behind the bullying of Mark and Cody is totally disingenuous...

It isn't.

What was seen on the feeds is that Paul told Josh exactly what to do and when to do and frequently hyped up and used Josh to antagonize the others. Josh was basically Paul's personal pitbull.

TheYanger

Josh did everything "bad" that Paul did and he got carried. Saying Paul was the one behind the bullying of Mark and Cody is totally disingenuous when Josh was the one actually doing the bullying.

No, it's not. Josh was very open and forward with his actions and feelings, and was honest in his goodbye messages to people. Paul kept the lie going even through the questioning last fucking night.

Anyone that still thinks 'bitter jury' is somehow code for people not knowing how the game works, would probably play this game and end up in the same shoes as Paul. Jury management is IMPORTANT.

You can't say "They made a pact, he couldn't have won"....They made a pact BECAUSE of the way he treated them, he could have won, he didn't because he played like a snake and people hate that. Just like on survivor: Some people on a jury are going to keep all feelings aside and vote based on 'gameplay' and some people are going to be emotional or color their votes on personal feelings about the game, it's all part of the gameplay to read the jury members and treat them in ways that will lead to you getting their vote. You need to appeal to both sides of the equation here, the scales in the final HOH were a good analogy: it's all about balance, and Paul refused to put the necessary work in on the side that clearly mattered more with this jury.

Josh didn't do everything 'bad' that Paul did, because Paul was the one masterminding all of the actions while lying to people's faces even after it wasn't important to do so anymore. Josh did none of that.

In both Survivor and BB the Jury management cannot be understated. "Bitter" juries will always exist, because these people spend WEEKS with each other basically alone with some production guys, talking calmly through what happened, relatively, and putting the pieces together. If you poison that well, it's going to cause a groundswell of dislike for yourself. That's what Paul did.

That's the beauty of Big Brother: there's no "should have won." It's not a statistical sport.

The jury had every reason to actively rally against Paul. Josh, arguably, won some genuine favor with his (relative) transparency.

I'm happy with how things turned out, especially as so many viewers expected it to be a cakewalk for Paul. Rarely did commentators look at the fact that Paul was doing everything he could to burn jury bridges (which is poor gameplay, obviously).

daemissary

It isn't.

What was seen on the feeds is that Paul told Josh exactly what to do and when to do and frequently hyped up and used Josh to antagonize the others. Josh was basically Paul's personal pitbull.

So you reward the puppet? Josh could've said no but he didn't...they were his actions, not Paul's.

If I tell you to jump off a bridge...and all that.

lenovox1

So you reward the puppet? Josh could've said no but he didn't...they were his actions, not Paul's.

You'd have to look at this emotionally and not logically. None of the people that voted for Josh are logical thinkers.

Which behavior would seem more insidious and betraying to you if it happened to you personally? How would feel if someone you thought had your back was lying to your face about their involvement in every event?

Anyone that still thinks 'bitter jury' is somehow code for people not knowing how the game works, would probably play this game and end up in the same shoes as Paul. Jury management is IMPORTANT.

Yup.

The mentality a lot of the jury members had I guess was that while Josh was the puppet at least he was being upfront about his actions. Rather than actively trying to not be the one to actually get blood on his hands like Paul, Josh was jumping headfirst into it.

Paul trying to keep lying to people even after they walked out the door is what screwed him in the end. Paul’s excuse was “it’s what the house wants.” In regards to the evictions he orchestrated rather than “I got you evicted cause it’s whats best for me”

Just owning up to his strategy would’ve probably won it for him rather than this overly complicated splitting of eviction votes, throwing competitions, etc. You can’t try and be friends with everyone when you’re organizing everyone’s evictions.

kirblar

You'd have to look at this emotionally and not logically. None of the people that voted for Josh are logical thinkers.

Which behavior would seem more insidious and betraying to you if it happened to you personally? How would feel if someone you thought had your back was lying to your face about their involvement in every event?
And most importantly: continued to lie about their involvement even after you found out.

No one likes being gaslighted.

Parch

It was on Paul to correct his mistakes w/ Jury handling. Jason/Alex should not have been unwinnable votes for Paul, but the way he handled their evictions led them to want to screw him over.
And the bottom line is they wanted to screw him over. It's not about why Josh should have won, it's why they didn't want Paul to win.

Paul didn't play the perfect game. He screwed up the goodbye messages and should have owned his gameplay. That's clutching at straws IMO and does nothing to explain why Josh deserved to win.

Bitter, petty jury. Part of the game I suppose but it doesn't mean it's fair or that Josh is deserving. He's an irrational, asshole, bully. Not much is going to convince me that he deserved to win over Paul.

Certainly an interesting season. CBS has to be thrilled with the ratings. Get a bunch of irrational, emotional dimwits to attack each other because of a puppetmaster vet. Let em loose and watch the sparks fly. Unfortunate that those same irrational dimwits result in such an unfair decision. That"s Big Brother.

MisterHero

When people say Cody or The Bean were jerks or bullies do not understand that at least half the cast was worse than them, in different ways.

Josh grew up during this game, and it was kind of nice to see.

kirblar

And the bottom line is they wanted to screw him over. It's not about why Josh should have won, it's why they didn't want Paul to win.

Paul didn't play the perfect game. He screwed up the goodbye messages and should have owned his gameplay. That's clutching at straws IMO and does nothing to explain why Josh deserved to win.

Bitter, petty jury. Part of the game I suppose but it doesn't mean it's fair or that Josh is deserving. He's an irrational, asshole, bully. Not much is going to convince me that he deserved to win over Paul.

Certainly an interesting season. CBS has to be thrilled with the ratings. Get a bunch of irrational, emotional dimwits to attack each because of a puppetmaster vet. Let em loose and watch the sparks fly. Unfortunate that those same irrational dimwits result in such an unfair decision. That"s Big Brother.
Yes, and Paul lost because he fucked up one of the critical elements of the game- handling the other people.

The final vote is arbitrary. People can vote however they want. There are no rules. And you have to deal with that fact.

Paul did not. He didn't his first season, and he didn't learn from it his second. The moment Jason/Alex were evicted, he needed to own up to it all. He didn't, and lost because of it.

This is not "clutching at straws", its why Paul and Russell Hantz are two time losers- they don't understand the human element of the game.

daemissary

Yes, and Paul lost because he fucked up one of the critical elements of the game- handling the other people.

The final vote is arbitrary. People can vote however they want. There are no rules. And you have to deal with that fact.

Paul did not. He didn't his first season, and he didn't learn from it his second. The moment Jason/Alex were evicted, he needed to own up to it all. He didn't, and lost because of it.

This is not "clutching at straws", its why Paul and Russell Hantz are two time losers- they don't understand the human element of the game.

Saying "people can vote however they want" completely takes all other aspects out of the game. Are you saying Josh handled Cody and Mark well and that's why he got their votes?

No, the people in the house this season were totally irrational and that's why Paul lost. If you're trying to say that he needs to compensate for other people being irrational, that in itself is irrational because, by definition, you can't predict irrationality.

Orca

The idea that Paul played anywhere near to the perfect game is idiotic for one simple reason - he left people angry at him.

If you want a perfect game, it's Derrick Levasseur from 16. He didn't get every vote at the end, but in today's game I just don't think that's going to happen again. He was part of every elimination and had people apologizing TO HIM for the things he'd done. It was just a masterwork of fucking people's heads up.

Cabal

The idea that Paul played anywhere near to the perfect game is idiotic for one simple reason - he left people angry at him.

If you want a perfect game, it's Derrick Levasseur from 16. He didn't get every vote at the end, but in today's game I just don't think that's going to happen again. He was part of every elimination and had people apologizing TO HIM for the things he'd done. It was just a masterwork of fucking people's heads up.

100% this. Paul tried Derrick’s game and didn’t execute the jury management part at all. I’m no Josh fan, but Paul lost the game himself. He didn’t get cheated, honestly he had more advantage than just about any other houseguest in history by the amount of safety he had. The fact that he lost is mind boggling in that sense, but I completely understand why he lost. People can talk about bitter jury all day long, but the truth is they were bitter because Paul made them that way. He overplayed, deceived too much and got punished for it. Absolutely a Russell Hantz situation.

Parch

Are you saying Josh handled Cody and Mark well and that's why he got their votes?
That was my biggest surprise. Not a lot of logic in those votes other than they just didn't want Paul to win. They're thinking anybody but Paul, but when it's Josh? After what Josh did to them, they think Josh deserves it more than Paul? Crazy.

If jury handling was the most important aspect, then I'm not seeing how Josh was such a jury handling expert. He was the biggest asshole this season.

Jason and Alex just couldn't accept that they got outplayed by Paul, so he took all the heat for their evictions. Nevermind that the other couples wanted them out as well, including Josh, but somehow it's all Paul's fault because he chose to take somebody else to the end. So Josh did more for their game than Paul? Josh deserves to win more than Paul? Crazy.

Classic bitter jury. Ignore the gameplay. Ignore the alliances. Ignore all the comp wins. Ignore how and why those two got to the end. Basically ignore what happened the entire season and just vote solely on emotional and personal bitterness. That's not showing a lot of respect for the game.

Paul literally just had to lock up Alex/Jason and would have won. He thought he was golden with making xmas/josh take the fall for jason/alex evicition but the truth came out. Shoulda went to final 5 with josh/xmas and jason/alex and then proceed to final 3 with one from each couple maintaining that you are with them till the end. He prob would have still lost but I believe he just had poor jury management with alex/jason ...which costed him the 2 votes to win. In hindsight if Cody did promote and put the nail in Pauls game by making the pact/being the sole vote...ankther mistake paul made was not sending Jessica to the jury instead of Cody. Why on earth would you want Cody in there , someone who hated you day 1 over Jessica who actually like Paul as a person. Prob would have won if Jessica were in jury, and Paul made the choice since he ran every eviction

Socivol

Paul literally just had to lock up Alex/Jason and would have won. He thought he was golden with making xmas/josh take the fall for jason/alex evicition but the truth came out. Shoulda went to final 5 with josh/xmas and jason/alex and then proceed to final 3 with one from each couple maintaining that you are with them till the end. He prob would have still lost but I believe he just had poor jury management with alex/jason ...which costed him the 2 votes to win. In hindsight if Cody did promote and put the nail in Pauls game by making the pact/being the sole vote...ankther mistake paul made was not sending Jessica to the jury instead of Cody. Why on earth would you want Cody in there , someone who hated you day 1 over Jessica who actually like Paul as a person. Prob would have won if Jessica were in jury, and Paul made the choice since he ran every eviction

The week Jessica got evicted Cody has protection. But I do think this was the biggest issue with his game. Jessica straight up said she would've voted for Paul had she been in the jury. Funny how immunity helped Paul run the house, but ultimately cost him the win.

kirblar

Saying "people can vote however they want" completely takes all other aspects out of the game. Are you saying Josh handled Cody and Mark well and that's why he got their votes?

No, the people in the house this season were totally irrational and that's why Paul lost. If you're trying to say that he needs to compensate for other people being irrational, that in itself is irrational because, by definition, you can't predict irrationality.
I'm saying that the two votes that mattered were Alex and Jason and he fucked both those votes up himself.

They weren't irrational. If someone wouldn't own up to the way they played the game and were trying to play the friendship card, I'd metaphorically tell them to go f themselves too. The whole "don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining" analogy applies here. People hate hypocrites.

The week Jessica got evicted Cody has protection. But I do think this was the biggest issue with his game. Jessica straight up said she would've voted for Paul had she been in the jury. Funny how immunity helped Paul run the house, but ultimately cost him the win.

I think I remember Paul was 100% after Jessica anyway and was happy Cody won safety instead of her. They saw her as the bigger threat so he woulda made this mistake anyway even if Cody wasnt safe

xaosslug

this is all in hindsight and after watching the show. I'm not entirely sure she would have voted for Paul if she were on jury.

i feel like Jess would have voted for Josh because they got into it so much and she would have just wanted to let all that go.

Ramirez

My memory is foggy, but isn't Paul the reason Josh was even still in the game and got everyone to vote out Ramses instead? lol

Also, The Incredible Sulk was an amazing piece of trash talk from Matt.

NYR

My memory is foggy, but isn't Paul the reason Josh was even still in the game and got everyone to vote out Ramses instead? lol

Also, The Incredible Sulk was an amazing piece of trash talk from Matt.
It’s wasnt his, it was from the comic book comp.

Yado

Why is it so hard to believe for so many of you that the majority of the jury members felt stupid for how Paul played them all season, and not voting for Paul was simply payback for their own stupidity?

Regarding the 5 person pact between Cody/Alex/Jason/Mark/Elena to not vote for Paul no matter what, I just watched an interview where Cody is laughing about orchestrating the pact whilst in Jury house.

Note this is the same man who in his interviews before entering Big Brother stated that Paul was his most hated houseguest - and then of course whilst playing Big Brother, he repeatedly tried to get Paul out of the game.

Cody making sure Paul lost was a personal objective. Alex also said in her interview yesterday that she was going to vote for Paul even after she was evicted, but then the others in jury were telling her that Paul was calling her nasty names behind her back (an absolute LIE). This was just another tactic by Cody to recruit another jury member in his pact against Paul.

He's a 32 year old broke man from rural Texas who was outsmarted by a 24 year old rich brat living in a mansion in La La Land (who he had already hated before meeting him)...and for a self proclaimed "alpha-male" like Cody, it pissed him off BIG TIME!!!

This was clearly a bitter & petty jury full of sore losers, and it seems to me a lot of you want to find a reason to not believe it.

On another note, I just wanted to say I find Dominique disgusting. In her interview yesterday, she said she prayed for Paul not to win. What kind of a so-called Christian would bother God with a prayer insisting somebody lose a reality television competition?

Seriously...the bitterness this season was insane!

IT0peAb.gif

The only one to blame for the bitterness is Paul, who had his rabid lapdogs attack people on the way out for his own personal amusement. People questioned whether it was necessary and his fans insisted it was somehow good gameplay.

After all of the trashy behaviour this season you're disgusted because someone sent up a prayer "bothering" God? What else is he busy doing? Preventing hurricanes?

Farsi

Josh grew up during this game, and it was kind of nice to see.

Hard to believe this was the same kid who was having daily panic attacks week one and everyone including production hated him. He was insufferable.

I'm so glad Josh got this experience, he needed this. He lost a bunch of weight too and kept it off. As bad as a season this was, Josh to me was one of the few positives. I think of him as one of the more likable winners we've ever had.

IT0peAb.gif

The only one to blame for the bitterness is Paul, who had his rabid lapdogs attack people on the way out for his own personal amusement. People questioned whether it was necessary and his fans insisted it was somehow good gameplay.

After all of the trashy behaviour this season you're disgusted because someone sent up a prayer "bothering" God? What else is he busy doing? Preventing hurricanes?

This. He mismanaged the Jury. To quote Jason, he "overlied." He didn't own up to his game and tried to play people even when votes were in.

He can say they're bitter, but a little bit of honesty would've won him the game. Alex said as much in the RHAP interview.

starmud

i dont get how viewing the season you could walk away not feeling that paul controlled the house. he easily played the best game, even if he did overplay not wanting any blood on his hands for evictions.

alex and cody should feel like morons for giving josh 500k. plus, americas favorite going to cody was a gag moment. even he didn't get it.

i'd say the biggest disappointment of a player this season for me is alex. she started strong and seemed to actually get the game, but once the move against Jason was coming she couldn't adapt and played horribly. how she didn't see that the house would eventually want jason or her out was delusional.

i still think paul could have played alex better at this point. he should have told her after the fact the house is coming for jason and that hes too storng to keep, he did question alex and how far he could carry her anyway. i give paul kudos for being upfront with her regarding the veto but once again alex's game was up her ass coming back with some idea that if it were jason he would have sacrificed his game to keep her in it.

in the finale for her to act as if she never lied or backstabbed anyone was a joke as well... when she watches the season she can see jason planned to bail on her for his own game if need be.

the players were awful this season. even if they knew what was going on they were horrible house guests or so socially inept at the game they deserved to be sent home.

did anybody notice how everybody was looking to Alex when they where asking the questions? Almost like ,, is it true what he said?" Never seen a person as bitter as alex.

Didnt expect the jury to act like children.

You lied to us? well to bad you had the best gameplay but you lied so bye bye. Stupid people.

DonShula

Some of you are killing me with this "tell me how Josh deserved to win" stuff. At the end of the day, you survive the summer and get the most votes. That's it. There are no style points. There have been so many seasons of this show that people have developed BB conventional wisdom; there are behaviors we expect from a winner and things that generally correlate to winning.

But guess what guys? None of that shit matters. You make it to the end of the summer and get the most votes. No other way to win. You aren't owed anything beyond $50k if you make it to the end of the summer and DON'T get the most votes. If you don't get the most votes, you can't claim there was a conspiracy against you because YOU HAD THE ENTIRE GAME TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE LIKED OR RESPECTED YOU.

This is no different than saying a football team should have won because they gained more yardage and won in every statistical category except points. Only points matter. Sometimes you do everything better than your opponent except scoring points and you lose. That is exactly what happened here.

Yado

Some of you are killing me with this "tell me how Josh deserved to win" stuff. At the end of the day, you survive the summer and get the most votes. That's it. There are no style points. There have been so many seasons of this show that people have developed BB conventional wisdom; there are behaviors we expect from a winner and things that generally correlate to winning.

But guess what guys? None of that shit matters. You make it to the end of the summer and get the most votes. No other way to win. You aren't owed anything beyond $50k if you make it to the end of the summer and DON'T get the most votes. If you don't get the most votes, you can't claim there was a conspiracy against you because YOU HAD THE ENTIRE GAME TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE LIKED OR RESPECTED YOU.

This is no different than saying a football team should have won because they gained more yardage and won in every statistical category except points. Only points matter. Sometimes you do everything better than your opponent except scoring points and you lose. That is exactly what happened here.

beyonce-sometimes-youc4s3j.gif

I know it's a long shot but I hope this outcome affects the way people play the game in the future.

Saying Paul would've won if it weren't for the jury is a bit like saying a football team would've won if not for the other teams defense.

The entire climax of the game is making sure that, at the end, the people voting hate the other guy more than you. Josh's tactic for that was to tell the evicted members the truth when they were evicted. Paul's was to lie to them and hope they never talk to each other in the jury house. One clearly turned out to be a pretty boneheaded move.

Top Bottom