• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Daddy and Nathan Drake revealed for PlayStation All Stars

Platy

If Snake shows up, there's no way he will ever be in another Smash Bros, I think.

WHILE I don't think we will have Snake on the next smash bros, this didn't stoped Snake to appear on Smash Bros

oZYXj.jpg

Snake is a hidden character

Just because they had games, doesn't mean they are iconic. Both Bioshocks are on Playstation 3, so their inclusion is perfectly valid in your logic.

....they were iconic for their time, and still are. So the inclusion of Snake makes sense in a Nintendo game. You'd probably have some kinda point if you were talking about Sonic. Even then you'd still be wrong though.

Card Boy

Banned
Cool i guess. The game needs more female characters besides Fat Princess. We don't want this game to be a cockfest.

Personally i would like to Ezio, Lightning, Lara Croft (maybe SE can do a promo of the new one?), Snake (young version, fuck the old man from MGS4).

Loudninja

Confirmed characters:
Parappa the Rapper
Radec
Sweet Tooth
Fat Princess
Sly Cooper
Kratos
Nathan Drake
Big Daddy

Leaked by Eric Laden:
Snake
Cole Mcgrath

Leaked by Paul Gale:
Sackboy
Ratchet and Clank
Jak and Daxter

Maybe:
James Bond

Hmm that lineup is looking good!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Fuck Day 1 purchase confirmed XD

Come here Mr. Bubbles, you are gonna be my main!

DRILL BABY DRILL!

Give me Maiden in Black from Demon's Soul, I'll buy a VITA copy too!

<=== Give me him, I'll chop my left nut off and give it to Sony as an offering

I-hate-u

Man, I wonder if this game can't be released in certain areas of the world due to character ips owned by different companies in different regions.

....they were iconic for their time, and still are. So the inclusion of Snake makes sense in a Nintendo game. You'd probably have some kinda point if you were talking about Sonic. Even then you'd still be wrong though.

The NES MG games are far from iconic today. That doesn't change the fact that it was MGS2's version of Snake, which had MGS4 enemies in his level. Nothing about the Snake in Brawl had anything to do with the original games on the NES, please stop trying to use those games as a scapegoat.

def sim

I for one welcome all interesting characters to the game, regardless if they're super iconic for being related to Sony.

I like the "fuck it, let's put whoever is/was popular and seems fun" attitude towards the roster. With Big Daddy, a character I associated with the Xbox brand a bit more, in there it feels like anyone could be added. That's just fine with me.

I don't think Nintendo would take very kindly to the idea of a character switching to a major competitor's game that directly competes with their own game.

But who knows, I guess. Third party characters in Smash Bros was once laughable to begin with.
Its not up to nintendo. Its konami or kojima decision whether snake appear in sony allstar or not.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
It feels like they're running out of the first-party characters all ready, with the inclusion of Big Daddy.

Not even. Sony has a MASSIVE stable of franchises they own, that have a rather impressive following.

They haven't even scratched the surface with series like Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Oasis, Okage, Primal, Mark of Kri, Ghosthunter, Alundra, Ratchet, Jak, Arc the Lad, Demon's Souls (let us play as one of the villains like Old King Gallant), Folklore, Heavenly Sword, Gravity Daze/Rush, inFAMOUS, etc, etc. I could go on, but you get the point. There is a deep well of PlayStation franchises owned by Sony that they can pull from.

If there aren't any apes from Ape Escape in this game, I'm gonna be pissed.

On a third party note, it'd be awesome if they could get Klonoa in there. I still have Klonoa 2 for my PS2. I loved that game so much. Man, Namco needs to get on an HD remaster of that one. Such a good, clever platformer.

Big Daddy is an interesting addition to the roster if true. I can see some interesting potential in his play style. There needs to be tiers of characters, and BD is a Heavy, like Kratos and Sweet Tooth. I can't wait to see the full roster.

The DLC potential for this game is damn high as well.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Confirmed characters:
Parappa the Rapper
Radec
Sweet Tooth
Fat Princess
Sly Cooper
Kratos
Nathan Drake
Big Daddy

Leaked by Eric Laden:
Snake
Cole Mcgrath

Leaked by Paul Gale:
Sackboy
Ratchet and Clank
Jak and Daxter

Maybe:
James Bond

Hmm that lineup is looking good!

Needs more female representation. I'd love to see Kisala (Rogue Galaxy), Jen (Primal), Ellen (Folklore), Nariko (Heavenly Sword), and Monica (Dark Cloud 2). I think each of them are cool characters, and bring with them the potential for some really fun play styles with their skill sets.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Dante is more well known than Big Daddy.....

Big Daddy > Dante by a good country mile. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be cool to have Dante in the game though.

I don't know why people are complaining and whining about this "bu bu bu Bioshock was a 360 exclusive, Big Daddy did not start on Playstation :( ". I want the best and coolest characters, 3rd or 1st parties. Hell, Gears has never been on Playstation and probably never will, but I would take Marcus Fenix over Fat Princess any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

In terms of what?

My personal taste.

I-hate-u

Big Daddy > Dante by a good country mile. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be cool to have Dante in the game though.

I don't know why people are complaining and whining about this "bu bu bu Bioshock was a 360 exclusive, Big Daddy did not start on Playstation :( ". I want the best and coolest characters, 3rd or 1st parties. Hell, Gears has never been on Playstation and probably never will, but I would take Marcus Fenix over Fat Princess any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

In terms of what?

I want the game to have a diverse cast of characters, and I don't give two shits about how popular they are or whether or not they are playstation exclusive characters.

Big Daddy fits that bill. He's an amazing character design that is unique and distinct from other characters. He will probably have a really cool stage design, too.

Why people are hating on this is beyond me.

The official Playstation page on Facebook started some popularity polls on Battle Royale charcthers.

Nathan Drake (Uncharted) and Big Daddy (Bioshock) are new ones.

https://www.facebook.com/PlayStation

v0yjH.png

zyeuS.png

No compassion.

No mercy.

I want the game to have a diverse cast of characters, and I don't give two shits about how popular they are or whether or not they are playstation exclusive characters.

Big Daddy fits that bill. He's an amazing character design that is unique and distinct from other characters. He will probably have a really cool stage design, too.

Why people are hating on this is beyond me.

Because Sony doesn't own the rights, the point of having "Playstation All Stars" is to establish a title that offer characters that represent the playstation brand that Sony can release freely without having to negotiate rights to everytime.

Acrylic7

Big Daddy cool, But I want to see the more Sony exclusive third party characters . Like Kosmos and Serph.

that would be awesome as balls.

No compassion.

No mercy.

Because Sony doesn't own the rights, the point of having "Playstation All Stars" is to establish a title that offer characters that represent the playstation brand that Sony can release freely without having to negotiate rights to everytime.

I'm pretty sure if the game was nothing but Sony characters, the vast majority of consumers would just roll their eyes. Sweet Tooth and Kratos are no Mario or Link.

Pretty sure the real point is to have a game that sells well. I'm sure any Sony branded character worth having will be in there. The rest can be made up by third party characters to help boost sales.

Bigfoot

Pretty sure the real point is to have a game that sells well. I'm sure any Sony branded character worth having will be in there. The rest can be made up by third party characters to help boost sales.

But again third party characters have licensing fees so you can have to weigh the cost of each third party character vs the possible sales it may bring in. Too many third party characters means little or no profit.

I-hate-u

But again third party characters have licensing fees so you can have to weigh the cost of each third party character vs the possible sales it may bring in. Too many third party characters means little or no profit.

But don't third party get free exposure by having their characters in the game. Free marketing

So are you saying there should be no 3rd party characters? Because if so the game would be sent out to die. Doesn't how much the licensing fees cost, some profit is better than none. I doubt it will cost much anyway, there are a huge number of options to choose from if one character is too pricey.

If you are suggesting a balanced mix, well that is exactly what I said.

lucius

Is this a M rated or Teen rated game?

Was thinking of maybe picking this up to play with younger relatives.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Is this a M rated or Teen rated game?

Was thinking of maybe picking this up to play with younger relatives.

We won't know for a long time, but I'd be surprised if they were going for a M rating. I'd imagine they want a T rating for a game like this.

Bigfoot

So are you saying there should be no 3rd party characters? Because if so the game would be sent out to die. Doesn't how much the licensing fees cost, some profit is better than none. I doubt it will cost much anyway, there are a huge number of options to choose from if one character is too pricey.

If you are suggesting a balanced mix, well that is exactly what I said.

No, there should be third party characters. It just that some people expect lots of them but that doesn't make financial sense (unless of course they do get them cheap but I'm pretty sure the good ones cost money). Sony has lots of their own characters so I'm expecting maybe 4 third party characters.

sn00zer

Hell no is it going to be M....no question about it... T for sure...maybe an E+10 but I doubt it due to the character weapons

Angry Fork

Feel bad for the lack of Fat Princess love =( that game was awesome I wish it was more popular it feels like a top down version of TF2 in a way.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
In terms of what?
In terms of absolutely nothing. Dante ushered in a new era of action gaming for god sakes.

And don't get me wrong, I don't mind Big Daddy being in the game at all really. He may not be what I imagine a PS All-star is, but the more the merrier I say. Variety is the spice of life.

I just think it would be really fucking weird if guys like Dante weren't in it when he is though. Really, really weird...

Zabuza

Banned
Feel bad for the lack of Fat Princess love =( that game was awesome I wish it was more popular it feels like a top down version of TF2 in a way.

Fat Princess was fantastic. Love love loved it. Wish we got a full-fledged sequel instead of that PSP game. It's really cool that she's in this.

Big Daddy was an honest surprise to me.

branny

They need to crank up their reveals because right now it feels like trying to get hyped over Kung Fu Chaos characters.

edit:
We need Lightning from FFXIII, Lara Croft, Bloodrayne and Xiaoyu next.
Yeah, I think it's the dearth of females with any sort of personality whatsoever.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
*raises hand*

I love Fat Princess too. The game was fantastic indeed. One of the most enjoyable MP games on the PS3. Don't let the cartoony style fool you. The game was very strategic, and you really had to be coordinated with your team in order to win.

Top Bottom