• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill Murray Christmas Special Coming to Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Edit 11/17: trailer

Edit (10/14):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf_dgbBK25o

30 second trailer

CRSOz3LUkAE25Nl.jpg:large

bonus vid

you know I had to :p

YT teaser.

Link.

Netflix has picked up “A Very Murray Christmas” — an homage to classic variety shows starring Bill Murray as himself — set to debut on the streaming service Internet TV network this December.

The special is being written by Sofia Coppola, Bill Murray and Mitch Glazer and directed by Sofia Coppola. In “A Very Murray Christmas,” the comedian worries no one will show up to his TV show due to a massive snowstorm in New York City. Through luck and perseverance, guests arrive at Gotham’s Carlyle hotel to help him — dancing and singing in holiday spirit.

The star-studded cast includes George Clooney, Paul Shaffer, Amy Poehler, Julie White, Dimitri Dimitrov, Michael Cera, Chris Rock, David Johansen, Maya Rudolph, Jason Schwartzman, Jenny Lewis, Phoenix’s Thomas Croquet, Christian Mazzalai and Laurent Mazzalai, Frederic Moulin, Rashida Jones, Miley Cyrus, and more.

The special is being exec produced by Coppola, Glazer, Roman Coppola and Tony Hernandez

Through luck and perseverance, guests arrive at Gotham’s Carlyle hotel to help him — dancing and singing in holiday spirit.

sort of the opposite of what he did for others then

liquidtmd

Banned
Reading about his various flights of fancy and travel around the world and engagement with people never fails to interest me. The guy has lived many lives.

Even as a sometimes coming across as hard work, his stories and activities in this stage of his life where he's slowed down is somewhat more interesting that his acting prime

bort

Since someone just had to bitch about it lemme post this

Miley was asked to be part of this after this performance at SNL 40 since it's a musical

50 Ways to Leave Your Lover

George Clooney Reveals Miley Cyrus Connection, Calls Her 'Fantastic & Fun!'

"I worked with Miley Cyrus," he said. "Bill Murray has a Christmas special coming out next Christmas and I ride in a sleigh with Miley Cyrus, pulled by The Rockettes, I think -- or something like that," George said.

"So I've gotten to know Miley and we have a little Kentucky history together," George continued (Clooney is from Kentucky and Miley's dad, Billy Ray, was born in Kentucky).

George said teaming up with Miley for the Bill Murray holiday project was a blast.

"She was fantastic to work with, I’m telling you like fantastic and fun and a real pro," he continued. "And Bill Murray and I had drinks a few nights ago and he was just talking about how impressed he was as an entertainer and also just as a -- just in general as a pro, how professional she was. I really liked her."

:p

Boem

I'm going to cross my fingers for a Letterman guest spot, even if its extremely unlikely.

I kind of doubt it. Murray talked about having already filmed this special with Paul Schaffer on his last interview with Letterman, and they were trying to remember all the guests that appeared on it together. Letterman didn't seem to know anything about it really, he was just asking question like with any other project a guest would have done. Unless they were trying to keep it a surprise for some reason (and I don't really see why they would do that) I don't think he's in it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sounds like classic Bing Crosby/Dean Martin-type stuff.

I'm in. I'm actually surprised this type of thing hasn't been done more frequently recently.

bengraven

God DAMN Netflix came back after their year or two of disappointment. Still is barely shit to watch movie wise, but the original programming and old shows are fucking tops.

Now let's get some awesome holiday animated movies for Halloween and Christmas in the old 60s, 70s, 80s style and I'll sub for life.

Cheebo

Banned
I am baffled by the posts mentioning Letterman. Is it just because Paul Schaffer being in this?

Murray and Shaffer have a LONG history, pre-dating David Letterman and have worked a lot together (without Letterman).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom