• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Very Murray Christmas |OT| And a Happy New Year! On Netflix Dec. 4th (Bill Murray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Saw it a week ago. I loved the songs, but the actual plot fizzled into nothing by the midway point, and they just played song after song. That was really disappointing, considering the talent it has.

A Colbert Christmas did a better job with almost the exact same plot.

Kadayi

Banned
I dare say I'll end up watching this fully eventually, but have to say based on the first ten minutes it wasn't looking good.

Grinchy

Banned
I got to the point where he was singing with Chris Rock and I was ready to pretend that this abomination didn't exist.

It was light and mostly enjoyable. The Chris Rock was the funniest bit due to the terrible 'singing'. Is the soundtrack available anywhere? The Jenny Lewis and Phoenix songs were incredible.

subrock

I liked it. Had a little viewing party and everyone had fun. Muppets family chistmas afterwards was way more crowd pleasing though.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Oooof, some good songs here and there but overall it was very bad.

Akahige

23 minutes, I've watched 23 minutes and I don't think I can watch anymore of this, awful start.

Not funny, not charming, not even cute.

I was going to save this for Christmas eve, but now I hear it's full of songs and the bits between aren't good either. Think I'll pass.

I found this sort of weird and depressing, with a lot of the cynicism of Scrooged, but without its eventual heartwarming parts. It's not very funny. Everyone is just sort of there. I don't know how this ended up this way, considering who was involved.

I found this sort of weird and depressing, with a lot of the cynicism of Scrooged, but without its eventual heartwarming parts. It's not very funny. Everyone is just sort of there. I don't know how this ended up this way, considering who was involved.
I expected weird and depressing, but nothing happened. Nothing. There were songs. That's all I remember.

hollomat

Banned
Never understood the Bill Murray love. He's a wife beater and no one ever brings it up. The latest stuff with the fake Bill Murray clause in the wu tang album was insufferable.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I watched this last year and enjoyed it probably more than most, according to what I saw reflected here on GAF. Anyone watching it again this year? I'm wondering how it will seem one year on.

I've also wondered if people will feel differently about it in 10 years.

Anyway, hope it's still on Netflix. Ho ho ho! 🎅

I watched this last year and enjoyed it probably more than most, according to what I saw reflected here on GAF. Anyone watching it again this year? I'm wondering how it will seem one year on.

I've also wondered if people will feel differently about it in 10 years.

Anyway, hope it's still on Netflix. Ho ho ho! 🎅

Not a chance. I love Murray but this was horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom