• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard / Resident Evil 15th Anniversary Thread: WOW! What a mansion!

Gunloc said:
Great OP, lots of cool stuff, but where's Chris? This thread needs more Chris!

PT583.png

There, now I feel better.
Bro fist.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 really should have that outfit as an alternate.

Then I'd completely lose rounds whenever Chris takes point for staring.

If we are doing rankings.

1. RE4, not just the best game in the series but to me the greatest action game ever made.

2. RE2, the best of the classic RE games, the dual disk system is genius and I am shocked it never got used again.

3. RECV, an epic game, the longest campaign of the old games with an excellent mix of puzzles and action.

4. RE5 not as good as RE4 but still better than many action games, one of the best games of this gen.

5. RE1/Remake, I put these together cause they are almost equal. RE1 will forever be special to me for being one of the greatest gaming experiences ever. REmake is technically the best of the old style RE games, it does everything right but it came at a time when the series was getting stale.

6. RE3, after RE2 it was a letdown. Nemesis was an awesome idea though.

7. RE0, easily the worst main RE game not cause it does anything that bad its just the point at which the series hit a brick wall. RE0 had some new ideas but they all made the formula worse.

Gravijah

There's really two tiers for me.

Tier1

REmake
RE2
RE:CV
RE4

Tier2

RE5
RE0
RE3

I've never really had a chance to play many of the side games, though. Still need to pick up the Wii games.

Can't believe it has been 15 years already when it feels like just couple of years ago RE1 came out .

The classic RE games had it's own flavor... sadly it faded away after they changed the series with 4.... RE4 is one of my all time Favorite games and It's very epic... but IMO nothing can top the way the classic RE made me feels.

tzare

i'd love a remake of the original RE like the mansion add-on for RE5.
Or maybe a new RE in a similar setting. So good.

Gravijah

tzare said:
i'd love a remake of the original RE like the mansion add-on for RE5.
Or maybe a new RE in a similar setting. So good.

We already had one remake of it, we're moving onto RE2. We need Game Freak on this shit so we can get assloads of remakes.

Boney

Banned
Gravijah said:
We already had one remake of it, we're moving onto RE2. We need Game Freak on this shit so we can get assloads of remakes.
They only need to remake 2.

And only if they can actually do it.

Damn you Crapcom!

Verendus

Banned
RustyNails said:
WTF OP. Where's Chris Goddamn Redfield???

How are you going to leave out the star of the series? I see that pansy Leon being represented in the banner, but where's Chris Goddamn Redfield?

Was his manliness too much?

This is outrageous. You should be ashamed, good sir.

Gravijah

Kam said:

How are you going to leave out the star of the series? I see that pansy Leon being represented in the banner, but where's Chris Goddamn Redfield?

Was his manliness too much?

This is outrageous. You should be ashamed, good sir.

By star of the series, I think you mean Jill.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I never understood why US people call it Biohazard. You're not allowed to call it that, it's Resident Evil son.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gravijah said:

Or Rodriguez. Anyone remember Rodri...g...uez...no??

Poor guy. He'll never get as much attention as he deserved..."baby!"

Gravijah

MiamiWesker said:
By far the best character of the series:

http://media.ignimgs.com/media/ign/imgs/top100gamevillains/014_wesker.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Until they ruined him, like every other character in the series.

Credo

Good lord, what an awesome OP.

I feel kind of bad that I've fallen off the RE wagon. I loved RE1 and RE2, and I still enjoyed RE3, though not quite as much as the first two. Code Veronica was another great one, and RE4 is tied with RE2 for my favorite in the series.

I still haven't played RE5, and I'm not sure if I should. I've always liked the series best for its atmosphere, and it seems like RE5 may have put too much emphasis on action/shooting and removed a lot of the horror element.

My ultimate shame is that I bought Resident Evil Gaiden. I feel worse about wasting money on that than I do wasting 3 hours of a Saturday beating Resident Evil: Survivor.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Amazing thread.

Best series ever

randomwab

Snuggler said:
I never understood why US people call it Biohazard. You're not allowed to call it that, it's Resident Evil son.

Agreed. Unless you're talking about something specific to a Japanese version, call it Resident Evil. I see a ton of US/Euro people call the games Biohazard within the community and I don't get it.

randomwab said:
Agreed. Unless you're talking about something specific to a Japanese version, call it Resident Evil. I see a ton of US/Euro people call the games Biohazard within the community and I don't get it.

Some people like to call it by its intended actual name, no big deal. I prefer Resident Evil cause it sounds so cool and different.

tzare

Gravijah said:

well, but still old gameplay. RE2 remake would be awesome too, but is still think the mansion provides the best setting for a RE game. It just fits RE so much.

The only worthwhile Chris is REmake Chris, the others can die in a fire.

My favorites series.

I played so many times almost all of them (main ones):RE -> 3 times, RE2 -> 10/12 times, RE3 -> 9 times or so, REmake -> 10 times, RE4 -> 4/5 times, RE 0 -> 2/3 times, RE5 -> 4 times +versus and mercs

.....well RE:CV -> only once, but it's not my fault, it's because RE:CV is the worst main RE game.

tzare said:
well, but still old gameplay

old gameplay is best gameplay.

I can't imagine a RE1 remake without the classic elements of the saga (yeah, that includes tank controls).

Everyday I pray for a REmake2 with glorious pre-rendered graphics and megadetailed character models.....

Sadist

1) Resident Evil 4 My favourite title, played it like 20 times and never gets old.

2) Resident Evil Remake Lisa Trevor >>>>>> All

3) Resident Evil 2 Mr. X fucking terrorizing me in Leon B.

4) Resident Evil 3 STAAARRRZZZZ pretty nervewrecking

5) Resident Evil CVX Steve hate forever. Alfred Ashford was awesome though

6) Resident Evil Zero Fucking Leech zombies. Plus zombie monkies.

7) Resident Evil 5 Mercenaries is good. COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION

Kam said:
You shut your mouth!

She's the female equivalent, yes.

RE5 ruined Jill.

Oh look! I'm blonde and over-sexualized out of fucking nowhere! Also, I'm so happy Wesker gave me super speed and strength combined with EXTREMELY FRAGILE AND EASILY 100% REVERSIBLE MIND CONTROL.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Amazing thread! Just finished reading all of it. I fucking love this series to death. I'm currently playing RE 3 and REmake. REmake is still amazing. It's my favorite remake ever. As for RE 3 I had forgotten how tense it was when Nemesis finds you. Brings back so many memories. "Stars!" Run!!

Gravijah

Mister Wilhelm said:
RE5 ruined Jill.

Oh look! I'm blonde and over-sexualized out of fucking nowhere! Also, I'm so happy Wesker gave me super speed and strength combined with EXTREMELY FRAGILE AND EASILY 100% REVERSIBLE MIND CONTROL.

RE5 ruined everything. RE4, too.

Verendus

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
RE5 ruined Jill.

I choose to selectively ignore things in RE5. I think it's what everyone should do.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Ah, nice thread Yama and cvx. Havent talked to you guys in a while. Love me some RE! Hope a new ps360 one is announced this year.

MiamiWesker said:
By far the best character of the series:

014_wesker.jpg
I still like Wesker but he was best back in RE1, he had no super powers and was just a traitor who worked with umbrella, wanting the bio superweapon tyrant which ended up fucking him over. Superb.

Now he is like negative superman.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Oh wow, ANOTHER biohazard thread! We can never have enough of these because it's possibly one of the best series ever. It's one of the best series ever. It's the best series. Ever.

Okay maybe not but it definitely holds a bigger place in my heart than any other (save maybe Ar Tonelico). I mean it's the only series where I basically own at 3-4 different copies of each game in the series across several platforms.

From the other thread:

luka said:
Because everyone loves lists, here's mine!

ultima class - biohazard (GCN), biohazard 4
master class - biohazard (PSX), biohazard 2
upper class - biohazard 3, biohazard code:veronica, outbreak, outbreak file2
middle class - biohazard 5, biohazard 0, umbrella chronicles, darkside chronicles
good-for-nothing-but-funny-LPs class - biohazard gun survivor, gun survivor 4: biohazard - heroes never die (dead aim, the japanese title is just too awesome)

It's hard for me to rate certain games too matter-of-factly above others because all of the high tier games have elements that I really like.

Happy 15th birthday, biohazard! I think I'll pop in my PSX original with Yume de Owarasenai ED to celebrate.

Salsa

Well this takes me back..

Also i recently discovered that RE5 is tolerable with a good friend in Co-op, so we're playing that to celebrate the anniversary. I know it's not the best choice, but hey, at least im enjoying the game a lot more than my first playthrough.

As always I feel like I must state that I am a supporter of RE5. The negativity it gets seems so extreme to me. Its a superb action game.

The first game is still awesome. I was a Sega fanboy who figured the Playstation was a fad, until I saw this game running at a local video game store. I bought the game right there and a Playstation a week later. Shit a brick like everybody else when that dog jumped through the window.

Gravijah

MiamiWesker said:
As always I feel like I must state that I am a supporter of RE5. The negativity it gets seems so extreme to me. Its a superb action game.

I enjoyed RE5 and definitely had fun with it.

Gravijah said:
Gravijah knows what's what.

Fantastic OP! Brings back some fantastic memories, and it really is a terrific series.
REmake will always be my favorite and defining RE game, but RE4 is a fantastic piece of work. I mean, wow.

The only real weakness this series has is not enough Barry Burton!

Hag

Played some REmake on Wii yesterday. The perfect survival horror game.

I love when the game starts and pop '' Enter the Survival Horror. '' on the screen. <3

Top Bottom