• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard Umbrella Chronicle new info

chespace said:
We should have lunch next week and talk about this, because yeah, RE4 was great but it wasn't Resident Evil, dammit. The lore was totally missing, and the only thing that made it RE were Leon, and the cameos from Ada and Wesker.

Lame.

I agree 100% but it didn't stop me from loving RE4 anyway. It is a great game, but yeah in the end I did feel it was too far removed from the rest of the series. I know a lot of people think, hey, it's just a videogame so who cares about the story and such and yadda yadda but when you start with the first game like I did over a decade ago, you do tend to find yourself liking the established characters and plot threads. It just sort of sucked, IMO, that it wasn't more connected.

Bildi

Geez you guys are nuts sometimes.

You go crazy over a rumored Nintendo sequel (Nintendo is making a sequel and we don't know what it is - is that news?) yet when it is rumored that RE Wii will be a real RE game in the vein of RE4 (hailed by some as 'the best game ever') and not some potential mini-game recycle-fest you're kind of 'meh'.

I don't get it.

In any case, if this turns out true it would be friggin' fantastic. With both RE5 and RE Wii we would really be getting spoilt I think.

cvxfreak

Did people not read my post about the spotty REUC information?

The compilation stuff has never been stated by Capcom themselves -- that came from a Chinese magazine that got the title of the game only partially correct. Capcom has said NOTHING regarding the game being a compilation, aside from obviously recycled footage from RE0 and a minor retooling of a REmake interactive demo. Even RE4's intro reused old footage from the REmake and RE3.

We really don't know for sure that REUC is going to be.

That said, Capcom does spell the Biohazard name out with all lower-case letters for this game, just like the Japanese versions of RE0-REmake-RE4. For RE5, it's all upper-case.

Meesh

Personally, I'm really looking forward to this...even though I failed to finish RE4 (pathetic I know)

Mostly its the new controll scheme that's got me interested:D Hopefully, this new installment comes with fewer flesh eating nightmares....

...hey, I'm impressionable

Bildi said:
Geez you guys are nuts sometimes.

You go crazy over a rumored Nintendo sequel (Nintendo is making a sequel and we don't know what it is - is that news?) yet when it is rumored that RE Wii will be a real RE game in the vein of RE4 (hailed by some as 'the best game ever') and not some potential mini-game recycle-fest you're kind of 'meh'.

I don't get it.

In any case, if this turns out true it would be friggin' fantastic. With both RE5 and RE Wii we would really be getting spoilt I think.

Cause odds are none of this is real, so why should we get excited. Anyone who has been around this series for any long stretch of times knows to not put stock in early builds or random rumors and such.

When Capcom themselves say something then I shall commence jumping up and down.

cvxfreak

MiamiWesker or any other old time RE fans, was the wait time between RE1 and RE2 an eternity?

Because it's been two years since RE4 and it hasn't felt particularly long for me. :lol

Bildi

MiamiWesker said:
Cause odds are none of this is real, so why should we get excited. Anyone who has been around this series for any long stretch of times knows to not put stock in early builds or random rumors and such.

When Capcom themselves say something then I shall commence jumping up and down.

Absolutely, but Nintendo rumored to be making a sequel is reason to get excited and yet this isn't? If it were, I would be excited every day because they are always making sequels.

It's cool, GAF just blew me away with the other thread. It went beyond what I thought GAF was capable of (crazy, I know). And I'm a fan of Nintendo so I was surprised that it even blew me away.

Anyway, I love RE but have not really been following news on RE Wii or RE5 for just the reason you stated. Even if RE Wii were a mini-game fest, I'd probably still buy it.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
cvxfreak said:
MiamiWesker or any other old time RE fans, was the wait time between RE1 and RE2 an eternity?

Because it's been two years since RE4 and it hasn't felt particularly long for me. :lol

i bought the original when i was in the 6th grade, and replayed it numerous times between its release and re2's. i was twelve then, and time between christmases or just years in general seemed much more expansive. you're right: the time since re4 came out has really sort of flown by.

getting old sucks

Top Bottom