• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioWare Shares Interesting Mass Effect 2 Statistics

Extollere said:
looks probably more like this though

Tali--article_image.jpg

She looks like that, not because I say it, but becuase before all this melodrama of how was going to be her face was so big and Bioware are scared to show her face now, the OFFICIAL artwork for her in the first game has that same human face.

And the books already said they have human facial characteristics.

Tali_concept_art_by_avenger09.jpg

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The_Technomancer said:
Man, I wish I had faith that "we need to re-examine all the classes" is the lesson they would take from this. But I'm too cynical and jaded now, I just think they're going to say "most people played the soldier, okay, scrap all the others"
Thats my first thought on company interpretation of stats like these. "If only 20% played as something, we should focus our resources on what the 80% played."

Jerk

Banned
water_wendi said:
Thats my first thought on company interpretation of stats like these. "If only 20% played as something, we should focus our resources on what the 80% played."

My thoughts as well :(

water_wendi said:
Christina Norman, the lead gameplay designer for Mass Effect 2, had this to say about that on Twitter a few hours ago. http://twitter.com/truffle

On the whole me2 stats thing, what I love about working at bioware is the time we put into the less played options.
if ME2 only let you play iconic male soldier we would hit the majority of players, but we work hard to provide other options.

The good people at Bioware are fans of femshep and the lesser used classes. I'm sure they'll continue to put just as much effort into femshep as they do with the male. And the classes will still get attention.

TheSeks said:
Too bad Warp is still the only useful ability.

Biotic powers fucking suck, and I say that as someone that played a pure Biotic class non-cross-class in ME1.

I don't think you played all the way through with an adept in ME1. Without global cool-down and getting far enough into the game that you have all the powers available to you, you can control any battlefield almost instantly... lifting half the room up, putting the rest of the room in a blackhole... and pushing the rest into the walls while at the same time blasting them with your pistol... adepts were godly mid to end game. Sure they started off shitty, but once you got truckin' on those biotic skills you were a god.

Jerk

Banned
RadicalRad said:
I don't think you played all the way through with an adept in ME1. Without global cool-down and getting far enough into the game that you have all the powers available to you, you can control any battlefield almost instantly... lifting half the room up, putting the rest of the room in a blackhole... and pushing the rest into the walls while at the same time blasting them with your pistol... adepts were godly mid to end game. Sure they started off shitty, but once you got truckin' on those biotic skills you were a god.

Vanguards were similar to Adepts except they were nasty from start to finish.

Adrenaline Burst allowed them to nuke the field with all their powers twice and then proceed to kill stuff with the second highest DPS in the game.

Properly built Vanguards did not need squad-mates.

I'm convinced that people who praise FemShep are stuck in some sort of circular logic loop. "Jennifer Hale is a good voice actor because people say that Jennifer Hale is a good voice actor!" I played both a male and a female, and honestly Hale sounds like a bored 12 year old boy. Like, the entire game, no matter what is happening at the time, she sounds like she's about to fall asleep

Maybe it's because I played Renegade MaleShep and Paragon FemShep, but man, I can usually understand people's opinion's on VA, yet Hale was utter trash.

Anywho, I'd be really interested if they could boil down the states to people's first times only. I wonder how the stats would change if they only accounted for the first run only. I know that I only skip dialog during subsequent runs, and I only imported my first character

Jerk

Banned
Neither is particularly stellar.

Hale may be overly breathy and sort of dull, but Meer is monotonous and completely fails at delivering anything (with the exception of sarcasm and menace).

Hale is by far the better actor, but her ME performance was hardly anything to write home about.

Interfectum

heh... those stats give Bioware the perfect excuse to dumb down Mass Effect even more.

In all honesty it's probably why they released them. Damage control.

megalowho

Interfectum said:
heh... those stats give Bioware the perfect excuse to dumb down Mass Effect even more.

In all honesty it's probably why they released them. Damage control.
If you follow Christina Norman on Twitter, she drops a few hints every so often about her work on ME3 and has mentioned implementing more in depth RPG mechanics for the classes. Not sure if that's what you mean by dumbing down or not, but it at least has me excited they're looking to strike a middle ground between the best of the first two titles instead of steering it down a simpler path.

megalowho said:
If you follow Christina Norman on Twitter, she drops a few hints every so often about her work on ME3 and has mentioned implementing more in depth RPG mechanics for the classes. Not sure if that's what you mean by dumbing down or not, but it at least has me excited they're looking to strike a middle ground between the best of the first two titles instead of steering it down a simpler path.

Maybe he wants to play in menu instead of playing the actual game.

Ledsen

Dan Yo said:
I don't know why but guys who choose to play as female Shepard creep me out. I know most of them use the excuse that they want to watch a female ass the entire game (that they would be interested in the polygonal ass of either sex in the game is kind of creepy in itself), but they just remind me of those bald, fat guys on WoW who roleplay as sexy female elves.

er, why is that creepy? If it looks like a real ass, moves like a real ass, why shouldn't it elicit the same reaction as a real ass? A fantasy is a fantasy and fantasizing about a polygonal ass isn't really weirder than fantasizing about a real ass that you have about the same chance of ever seeing in real life.

Top Bottom