• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Online |OT| Come on in, the sand's fine [Mediah Update]

satori

@ Vigilant Walrus (Damn phone messed up the quote, sorry for the format)

1)Will you recommend me on how to upgrade next(I'm a Warrior): http://bdoplanner.com/s/iU63HJvD < What should I upgrade first? My Awakening weapon? I spend all my time with greatsowrd (lvl 56). Is it more important to get AP up from other sources or get your main weapon damage up?

Getting Tri on your Main hand and Awakened will be the single biggest upgrade you can do. At tri you will gain 12 ap vs just 8 for normal upgrades. Since you are a warrior I suggest focusing on your Great Sword first. It is still important to work on your main hand but I suggest a liverto, or if funds permits a Kzarka. Main hand will contribute some ap and more importantly Acc to awakened skills.

Getting at least pri accessories is a good option too after you work on your awakening. Coral accessories are very cost efficient if money is an issue.

2) When I try to preorder items, I seem unable to actually get them. I run around the world and get notifications from items I've preordered and I cannot buy anything. I don't understand why not. How can you preorder something and get first priority to buy it? People talk about "sniping" at the AH but I don't get it.

The MP(market place) system is pretty much trash. The preorder it self is still RNG. Lets say someone post Item A. Item A has a chance to go straight to the AH or it goes to the Preorder market. Yes there is a chance even if there is 1000 people preordering Item A, it can bypass those 1000 people and goes straight to the market.

That "sniping" now is either using a transaction maid or sitting by the MP and hoping you "win the bid" which is too RNG. And well if its some high in demand item? you will have a large amount of people bidding for the item (like pets). And you have to pray to RNG that you are assigned the winning chance to buy the item which is base solely on RNG. (see a pattern?)

3) I hear people talking about the night vendor? Is that a good alternative to crafting and enchanting my own equipment?

Night Vendor is great for buying some end game stuff like Kza, or Dandy weapons. For some it is the only way to obtain the end game gear because they can not go to world bosses.

4) How do you get the life skills costumes +3? they are never on sale.

+3 is really hard to get. I have 3 life skills costumes @ +3 and I used around 30 fail stacks for them.

5) How do you get T8 horses? I've never seen them on sale either.

Horses are a huge time sink and effort. It is a bit easier now that you can tame T5 horses in the wild now. Still you are required to level your horses up before breeding for a higher chance of getting to higher tier. The reason why you never see T8 is due to the extreme cost and time of breeding them. You will only get a fraction of the true worth of the horse. If you want T7 or higher it is best to start horse breeding.

6) I am trying to figure out how to make as much money as I can from passive income. I'm on my computer a lot but working, so I am trying to find a setup where I can make a lot of money from low- maitimance with a passive and semi-AFK crafting method. I'm at 230 CP now (thanks for the cooking CP tip!) and have an elaborate network now. But I am not doing anything besides beers. I am just selling the zinc, trace of forest/svagery/origin/ascension, flax, rough black stones and other materials. I'm trying to figure out what to do to get money off on doing a lot of processing.

Great question, and an important once too that can go really into depths. The one thing about BDO is once you have CP, You can set up some nice passive/semi passive income generating pathways. And often time I promote doing all 3 if you can. Active (nothing beats grinding), Semi-passive (imperial crafting, making crates for trades), Passive (afk fishing for relics, etc)

There is no way I can cover everything in one post. I use to play a great deal, but recently had to cut back a lot. But if you catch me PM in game and I will gladly assist anyone here as best I can.

I mainly am on my main (Satari).

Hubb

3) I hear people talking about the night vendor? Is that a good alternative to crafting and enchanting my own equipment?

6) I am trying to figure out how to make as much money as I can from passive income. I'm on my computer a lot but working, so I am trying to find a setup where I can make a lot of money from low- maitimance with a passive and semi-AFK crafting method. I'm at 230 CP now (thanks for the cooking CP tip!) and have an elaborate network now. But I am not doing anything besides beers. I am just selling the zinc, trace of forest/svagery/origin/ascension, flax, rough black stones and other materials. I'm trying to figure out what to do to get money off on doing a lot of processing.

Sattori answered a lot so I'll try not to say the same thing as he did.

3)It isn't a good alternative to enhancing your gear, because it does not offer enhanced gear. Only gear at base value, and as far as I know only boss armor.

6)My recommendation to you is to start leveling your processing. Selling processed rough black crystals will net you more money once you get to Professional/artisan processing vs selling regular rough black crystals.

I am personally making and selling a ton of iron ingots. They are very popular right now thanks to people using them to polish alchemy stones. I am not sure which other ingots are also popular, I know Steel is but too many people are selling it and the price has tanked. Brass and Bronze ingots are also hot sellers.

I also process birch/fir/cedar/white cedar/accaci(sp?)/maple/ash plywood. Either to make crates to sell, or if you don't want to level trading to Master 2, just selling the plywood is a good money maker.

Things always change depending on what they add/take out in new patches, but getting as much iron/copper ore as possible is the best bet right now. If you can make a lot of the ingots above you can make some decent money. 6k iron ingots nets you a bit over 48 mil if you have a value pack active. Actually just sold 6k as of my edit and got over 55mil.

Depending on how much weight your character has, you can set them up to process and come back in 1-4 hours to have them do another round.

Mephala

As I suspected I had no chance of getting to the guild boss today. Next week!

getting as much iron/copper ore as possible is the best bet right now. If you can make a lot of the ingots above you can make some decent money.

Holy shit....

I have 4000 iron ore right now.... Do I just hit L and use one of the options there?

As I suspected I had no chance of getting to the guild boss today. Next week!

Holy shit....

I have 4000 iron ore right now.... Do I just hit L and use one of the options there?

Pretty much.

Get as much iron you can carry, press L, pick heating, pick iron. Then come back in an hour or two

Pick iron shards, heat those, then come back in another hour

BOOM Iron Ingots

Hubb

Yes, you use the heating option. 4k isn't going to get you a whole lot when you have a low processing level. I have basically given up on making fast cash in Black Desert and just focused on a slow and steady income. I have a ton of contribution points, and almost all of them are invested into workers and gathering nodes.

I have my workers gather every kind of tree and ore I can and as many as I can. As they start to stack up I start processing them, once I work through all my raw resources I move to cooking beer/other easy recipes. Once cooking is done, I circle back to process and I only really take a break to afk fish when there is a relic shard event going on.

If I am going to be afk for 8+ hours I usually will afk fish.

Otherwise I stack of Hercules' Might armor + weight gems and just go to town processing. I have over 1500lbs with all my stuff on and I can usually process for over 5 hours before going overweight.

Like I said before, it isn't fast money but if you have the workers and are able to afk it. I think it is worth it to do.

If you have Fleece, for one reason or another there isn't a lot of Wool on the market and coth fabric is the best way to level processing. For whatever reason different materials grant different processing EXP and cloth (wool/cotton/flax) give the best EXP.

SUPARSTARX

This game is all busted. I haven't been able to log in. It keeps saying failed to connect and there isn't any proper documentation on how to fix this. SIGH

Mephala

This game is all busted. I haven't been able to log in. It keeps saying failed to connect and there isn't any proper documentation on how to fix this. SIGH

Works pretty flawlessly for me aside from the occasional ctd but I suspect that is due to my gpu or ram being insufficient. Have you tried file repair or temporarily disabling antivirus to see if that is blocking your connections?

To attempt a repair you just need to do the following:

Open your Black Desert Online Launcher.
Click the cogwheel located on the top right corner of the Launcher window.
Next to "Repair Mode", click the "Click to start" button, and select "Yes" to initiate a file repair.

Please note that, it may look like the launcher is (re)downloading a massive amount of data but it will actually only download damaged files after checking the whole installation.

Hubb

So when is dark night awakening coming? spent all week leveling to 56 just to realize it wasn't in game yet lol.

End of the month or early next month is my guess. I think it took a month to release in KR and I assume we will follow a similar timeline. They haven't announced anything officially yet.

Azzurri

DO black spirit quest just pop up? Are there pre-requisites needed to advance for one to the next. I'm lvl 32 and have done the ones he gives, but they're like dailies.

Hubb

They've been revamped so I am not 100% sure how they work any more. Generally your level, the area you are in, talking to certain quest givers, and at least in the past equiping certain weapons. Press O and go to the suggested tab and there should be a category for black spirit quests. If you are high enough level for the next set of quests you should be able to autopath to wherever you need to be.

Azzurri

They've been revamped so I am not 100% sure how they work any more. Generally your level, the area you are in, talking to certain quest givers, and at least in the past equiping certain weapons. Press O and go to the suggested tab and there should be a category for black spirit quests. If you are high enough level for the next set of quests you should be able to autopath to wherever you need to be.

Cool, thanks.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So it's been over a year since I've played.

I have a level 51 valk just chilling and I kinda feel like exploring this game again. I left because the valk was in a dreadfully weak state for pvp which is what I wanted to do and I didn't really have it in me to reroll.

How is it now? I heard awakenings changed things for the better but I'm guessing the game as a whole is super different.

Hubb

Your best bet is to get into a low tier node war guild and that way you won't need amazing gear to compete. Don't take my word for it because some people love it, but I would seriously consider another game if the main thing you want to do is PvP. You need to invest way too much time into Black Desert to join the high tier node war guilds, and even then you node wars only happen at set times. You can't just log in whenever with your guild and do a node war. Depending on what time you play red battlefield doesn't always have enough people to start and even then, it gets boring fast.

Valks specially need high level gear compared to other classes to be "good", but when they are good, they are good. Though they are getting/got some buffs but I don't play the class so I don't know how much it helped.

In its current state, Black Desert is a pretty shit PvP game.

mintylurb

I say reroll to other classes such as berserker, warrior if you're into melee class. It's easier than ever to level up your characters to 56.

Mephala

So I've been trying to get a value pack forever. That and a half decent 15 shortsword. I think it was a mistake having 3 classes use the same main weapon honestly.

Any ways. So after trying on and off for most of the last few days.
qLWaU65.png

I need a character slot expansion to make a ranger...

Ploid 3.0

Hah, I've been trying for a week to get a extra pet to go along with the one I got for the level 3 game pack. When I don't I just try for a costume and win sometimes. I now have about 5 costumes, 2 of them full sets, and no pet.

I turned the game into a marketplace background camper. Window mode, all lowest settings, all pet notifications. I would fish but I don't want to dash to the marketplace if a pet pop up. I would buy that off you if it was possible, though it is probably a full set in the 20mil range and I swore off doing those again.

Edit: Oh Gotha, I actively avoid that one.

I wish I never saw a video of a guy farming not having to pick up anything because his pets could keep up. Sad that this game put fast item pick up behind a item like this. Makes me appreciate the other games I play with quick looting.

Mephala

Hah, I've been trying for a week to get a extra pet to go along with the one I got for the level 3 game pack. When I don't I just try for a costume and win sometimes. I now have about 5 costumes, 2 of them full sets, and no pet.

I turned the game into a marketplace background camper. Window mode, all lowest settings, all pet notifications. I would fish but I don't want to dash to the marketplace if a pet pop up. I would buy that off you if it was possible, though it is probably a full set in the 20mil range and I swore off doing those again.

Edit: Oh Gotha, I actively avoid that one.

I wish I never saw a video of a guy farming not having to pick up anything because his pets could keep up. Sad that this game put fast item pick up behind a item like this. Makes me appreciate the other games I play with quick looting.

I managed to pickup a bird. It took a week. I was told that weekends a lot of people place items on the market but that doesn't seem to chance the shit bid system.

What worked for me is trying to jump in and market camp as soon servers are back up after maintenance. Hopefully less people. Shout for some pets/vp.

Fast item pick ups is my dream. I think they sometimes have pets in daily rewards. Seems unreliable though. Still, with 2 pets I can manage pretty well with the occasional manual pick up when I ulti mobs. But i don't have particularly fast clears.

I'm processing next to the market with the market menu up. I also occasionally do strength training near the market vendor.

I actually want a costume for each of my characters. The 10% exp set bonus mostly.

Edit. After maintenance market stalking results: Didn't get pet, nor value pack, nor any of the sexy yukata but I managed to get the Witch Lebreve costume I wanted. :D
And I'm now broke

kiyomi

I'm giving this game a week's trial since I've meant to for ages and I have a weekend to play it.

Is it better to join the US-GAF server even if I'm in the UK, or should I just use the European one? Talking in terms of how active it is, etc.

mintylurb

I'm giving this game a week's trial since I've meant to for ages and I have a weekend to play it.

Is it better to join the US-GAF server even if I'm in the UK, or should I just use the European one? Talking in terms of how active it is, etc.

Not sure if euroland gaf guild is still active. US-gaf guild has less members compared to a few months ago but we still have regulars online everyday. There's one aussie member with early 2000 era computer in our US guild playing regularly. I'm sure he will be happy to help you out if you decide to join the us-gaf because the time difference is closer to you than those of us who live in the states.

Hubb

You can change which server you log in to from the launcher, so once you start your trial you can log into the NA server and check the ping.

I'd suggest staying in EU though. Ping is a big issue in the game and I am not sure it is worth it to play on the NA server.

Mephala

I need a good breaky name for my soon to be born Ranger. Considered naming her HateBid since the reason i have a ranger is because of that costume.

Not sure if euroland gaf guild is still active. US-gaf guild has less members compared to a few months ago but we still have regulars online everyday. There's one aussie member with early 2000 era computer in our US guild playing regularly. I'm sure he will be happy to help you out if you decide to join the us-gaf because the time difference is closer to you than those of us who live in the states.

By playing, you mean afk fishing and the occasional market stalking with a tiny bit of night time grinding right? I'll actually be less active real soon. Been home a lot lately.

Auto fishing at 12fps on my PC. Go get them fishies avo! ^_^7

You can change which server you log in to from the launcher, so once you start your trial you can log into the NA server and check the ping.

I'd suggest staying in EU though. Ping is a big issue in the game and I am not sure it is worth it to play on the NA server.

A lot of the pve combat is client side at least. It is how I scrape through fights in rags at 250 ping.

Bosses aren't a problem. Its the zerg rush of people at world bosses and other populated areas that make it almost unplayable. By unplaying I mean I can't see the enemy attacks therefore I can't actually dodge. Tough life as a Maehwa but my sorceress just laughs it off with frontal blocks on attacks and i-frames.
Still die at Kutum and Karanda though

I can't speak for pvp personally but it is usually pretty ping dependent.

In terms of activeness... Well, it isn't very active at all. Sometimes the stars align and I will meet another member online. I then take this opportunity to unload my millions of questions and whine about stuff like the market place or bosses.
We still aim for Tuesday guild bosses but I rarely make those.

In terms of group activity sadly the game doesn't offer a whole lot outside of pvp, guild missions and maybe party grinding. As a new player you get access to the sweet, sweet, 100% boost exp servers (Olvia 1, 2, 3). Currently none of our guild members can access this any more it is for new players and returning players. Lasts 1 month.

Sometimes I try to start guild missions. But it is pretty rough without Golden Warrior Minty to help out. And Topps for the carry in grinding annoying areas. :\

Edit. I centaurs are the worst

Mephala

Yup. Think I killed like 1400 and you got 100!

That was a pretty generous ratio. I question whether I hit that since a few times I'd be trying to fight 4 and you would kill all the groups around me then jump in and give things a whack. Which saves me some pots really. Or, I'd be trying to kill 1 and you just casually slap it in the butt with your sword on your way through. :D

I don't think I killed a single one at night time. One of the purple ones hit me in the back and I almost was mashing the v button so fast.

My days on the exp servers are over. Feels bad man.

I know that feel ._. Hope you made good use of it though! I certainly didn't really

Azzurri

What's a decent amount of workers to have to earn some passive income. right now I have 2 just gathering Potatoes and some sort of flower.

Would 10 or so be good just gathering wheat products?

Mephala

Yeah, more workers gathering is great.

I recommend Cooking Honey, Potatoes, Wheat and chickens (for eggs).

Lynch Farm Ruins, talk to the NPCs there to unlock excavation site at node. You can sometimes get Traces of Savagery here now. They sell nicely and quickly.
Zinc ore at the abandoned mine near altinova gives platinum ore sometimes. They sell for pretty good prices too.

Having a worker tend to your farm is also pretty good. Farming yields more than sending them to gather I think. It also has things you can't get by sending them out to gather at nodes such as onions.

I think I have around 20 workers.

Azzurri

Yeah, more workers gathering is great.

I recommend Cooking Honey, Potatoes, Wheat and chickens (for eggs).

Lynch Farm Ruins, talk to the NPCs there to unlock excavation site at node. You can sometimes get Traces of Savagery here now. They sell nicely and quickly.
Zinc ore at the abandoned mine near altinova gives platinum ore sometimes. They sell for pretty good prices too.

Having a worker tend to your farm is also pretty good. Farming yields more than sending them to gather I think. It also has things you can't get by sending them out to gather at nodes such as onions.

I think I have around 20 workers.

Thanks, I'll get on that asap. BTW how do I get a farm?

Hubb

You need to rent a fence for CP from NPCs, place the fence down in open space and start planting seeds. I always get the 6 CP 7 slot fence from Moretti Plantation but there are other one's you can get, I am just not sure where to get them form.

You can rent more than 1 fence at a time, but you can only have 1 fence in your inventory at a time. You need to place it and then go back and get another one.

Mephala

There is a quest that eventually rewards you with a 1 slot shabby fence for free. It is really shitty with only 1 slot but requires no CP so if you want to mess around I'd recommend that. I think the quest is also part of a chain that lets you melt shards into ingots and will lead you to a free Bed furniture for your house.

I think you can actually do this again per character. I haven't bothered though. I'd love the ability to continue the quest to upgrade this shabby fence though.

http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/2100/1/

Edit.

Productive day. I went and grinded my warrior to 56 and did his awakening. The greatsword is significantly better than the sword and shield. I am actually a little disappointed in the sword and shield by comparison. No other character casually slapped those skeletons at Soldier's Grave with a +0 awakening weapon like that, not even the Witch.

But uhh.. I went exploring with avo afterwards. Decided to head out towards the desert but skirt the desert by travelling the the coast up north. I went past Shakatu and was just riding past all these enemies when I hit a small lag spike... Then I was dead. Instantly. Killed by a BEAR TRAP. I watched as my horsey died in seconds afterwards. Exploration fail. Maybe I should head out to sea instead :(

Playing casually again after taking a break for a year. I haven't even scratched the surface of everything that has changed or been added but it looks like a lot of gear that was popular when I played is still good? What gear should I be aiming for?

Mephala

Playing casually again after taking a break for a year. I haven't even scratched the surface of everything that has changed or been added but it looks like a lot of gear that was popular when I played is still good? What gear should I be aiming for?

In general it is boss gear.

I'm not at the stage where I know the difference between all the boss weapons. I think it depends on class and whether or not you want to pvp. I think Dim Chest is generally preferred over Red Nose.

I have no idea when it comes to accessories, I'm still pretty low tier accessory wise. Probably boss drops as well though.

Hubb

What class are you?

I found a pretty good gearing guide for Ninja so I think I'm good now. My main was a level 51 Witch but I'm playing Ninja now. It looks like I can re-use some gear until I get the really good stuff so I'm using Grunil, Mark of Shadow, Ogre Ring, Witch's Earring, etc.

I'll aim for the boss gear like Bheg's Gloves and such once I get leveled.

Who do I need to message to re-join the GAF guild?

zugzug

avoid witches earrings, rumor is if you believe items have hidden stats that witches earrings are very low tier compared to tungrade, Khalk's, and red coral earrings, or the whale molar earrings.

NA stacks AP, EU stacks Accuracy. I know your NA former GM of me. :p

Edit: heh, I still had you on friends list I wanted to post picture of how long its been since like five of you other originals had played, had both of you at like 311 and 295ish days not logged in. Longest time away on my list is now Xtech at like 211 or something days. All the lazy in me.

Mephala

Where is Satt now? It might be better to join their guild. GAF guild's members are pretty split up in terms of time zones and we're mostly inactive grinding or pve/life skill related. Very casual stuff at the moment.

Some new info, some old info. Taken from Reddit BDO. Thought maybe some here would be interested:

• Black Desert is being remastered for PS4 and Xbox One, and along with that comes new optimization and better graphics. Their YEBIS Post Processing effects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBYFFj1KFq4 Shows some of them, but not all. These YEBIS post-processing effects are not for all. They can be turned off if you think these sorts of effects are over the top. I think some of them are almost too much, But I have to check it for myself.

In addition sounds; background and voice overs will be overhauled. I hope they will give us a Korean Language option.
    They are working on new streamlined UI for things like the guild pane. You have to hope that this extends to things like Friends List as well. It needs a total overhaul.

• New Skills:
    They are working on a second Awakening weapon for all classes. Questions is if this will bring main hand / off hand weapon up to par, or if this is a third weapon in its entirety.

• Balance:

It's easy to see that Dark Knight is out of control.:p

To achieve class balance they will try to take the weaker classes up to the stronger classes instead of nerfing the stronger classes.
    "Among top 200 AP players, 50 are Dark Knight, 43 are Ranger, 2 are Tamer and just 1 is Kunoichi.
    Among top 200 DP players, 55 are Witch, 27 are Berserkers, 5 are Musa and 3 for Kunoichi.
    We are looking to make weaker classes better rather than fixing the stronger classes. This is why it takes more time to fix balance."

• Kamasylvia:
    Kamasylvia was previously announced to be part I, II and II. However, there has been a change. Kamasylvia part II will come in September in KR.
    Capital city will come with Part II
    Three new grind spots.
    Mushroom place for 53-55.
    Slithering Forest for 55-57. It is an alternate spot to Sausans.
    Temple place for level 60+.

• New Class: STRIKER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miPrMJFWZg4

• Born from wealthy family in Calpheon. Master of Martial Arts.
  • Lots of bare hand skills, one of the skills look like Hadoken
  • It said 8, 13, 20 release date in KR? No release date for NA/EU yet.
  • Awakened version has some sort of gloves

• New Life Skill: Able to climb walls like in Assassins Creed:

• New Trading System:

• Airships: You can take it as a scenic route, even over the Desert. Won't be for effective transportation, but nice.

• New Class: Male Dark Knight was speculated but the silhouette looks female? Is that a sword and some sort of weapon attached to a rope or chain?

Horse: Unicorn
    Pegasus is coming but also unicorn. Supposedly the Pegasus can't fly, but glide. These are end-game mounts that will take thousands(?) of hours to achieve through breeding and shooting useless horses behind the stable

Seems I picked a good time to come back because those updates look great and Striker looks awesome. I hope the 'third awakening' is truly an adjustment to the original main hand weapons and skills to bring them up to par with the Awakening weapons. In many cases I prefer the playstyle of the original main hand weapons. Some more variety would be nice. I also like that they are adjusting and buffing the 'weaker' classes instead of just nerfing everything at the top.

On another note, I'm really enjoying my time back. They really made some nice improvements and all the experience boosts and silver they keep throwing at me is making it very easy to roll a new main. I also just finished a new PC build and can actually play this game at 60 FPS with all the effects turned on which is amazing.

Being able to buy costumes, outfits and pets from the marketplace is the best change but they are still pretty hard to get with all the competition. Are there some macros or marketplace bots that are making this way more difficult? At times, I have seen 5 or more of an item go up only to watch all of them evaporate almost instantly.

Hubb

There are marketplace bots, but for the most part you only lose out when the item actually makes it past bid phase and turns into a free for all. Hard to beat bots who can spam the buy button at light speed.

zugzug

man can one of you plz upgrade the servers, we are reaching 2014 path of exile bad levels of desync. getting mighty tired of clearly being out of AOE damage range on red nose, mudster, dim tree spirit and dying. OH!!! and Karanda hates me.

Hubb and Satori, thanks for all your suggestions. I've progressed quite far. It's been really fun. and meaningful to progress in the game. Your tips have helped a lot!

Accomplishments:

• 4POq3Gg.jpg

• My Main Warrior is 57 now. I had fun levelling him. Spent hours with a group at Sausans as I listened to podcasts. Tea, 10% xp from his helmet, 3% xp from pets, guild bonus xp, weekend 100% xp - These things helped :) Lvl 57 unlocked some really valueable and fun abillities, and as far as I can see, 58, 59 and 60 are not essential. I don't feel a need to achieve 58, so I've been focusing on life skills. I'm happy that the lvl 57 grind was not as bad as Imagined it would be.
  • Spent a lot of my time fishing, got to professional. Spent some hours gathering and got professional on that. Have been working on the life skill quests (which are seriously hidden away- did you guys know about these?
    I got artisan 5 on processing. So that has been helpful. It has allowed me to AFK process as I've been doing other things. I embraced the hercules armor with gem slots and the processing outfit, and it feels like I can process for days non stop. I like it:)
  • Have fallen in love with Shakatu. I've enjoyed killing bandits, and fishing overnight. It's a wonderful little town. I'm gonna buy a house and container here at some point I think. I think I am not even going to try bother and go to pirates. So far, people have been nice at Bandits. Nobody has tried to PK me yet.

TIRD5Ks.jpg

• Warrior gear is now 156 / 150 /211, so I am making improvements. 7-7 ap on the rings and earrings. Belt (Ancient weapon core 4 ap, 4 dp) and necklace (scarlet 4-4 ap) could use an improvement. I'm thinking that the next thing should be getting my Grunil to Tri? They are ultimate 15+ still. I assume I should stock up on my loyalties to buy artisan memory and save my fragments.
    He feels quite a bit powerful. I've ended up loving the gear scaling a lot more than I thought I would. I'm a fan of skill > gear, and I was worried that BDO would be all that, but I find that gear makes a real difference in efficency, but it's not in a way that reduces your need to improve your skill. I've got a lot of respect of the games combat system. It's really cool when I pull off some animation cancels, and quick activations. I'm still bad it thou. But with time:)

pROVlSO.jpg

• l redid my worker empire. I withdrew all my contribution CP, and used incendar-gaming.com's guide to figure out the most cost effective way to get workers with the least CP possible. Somethinglovely has been a cool resource for figuring out how to plan my CP. I got a lot of the good stuff, but have to give up some things.
  • I invested in as little storage as possible. I picked the storage houses that gave me the most storage for the least amount. I have 10-ish points invested in Altinova, Heidel, Calpheon and Velia on average.

ZvHiQYx.jpg

• I positioned storage and processing alts in Altinova, Calpheon, Velia and Heidel. Each of them have a merchant wagon next to the storage keeper where I organize items. I used my remaining value packs from GM gifts for server down times (Had 60 days worth of value pack I had not used) to re-customize all of my characters. I'm happy with how my alts look. The Kuno has this Tomboy look- Someone bugged one of the default hairstyle into this short hairstyle. I tried to achieve it on my own, but it wasn't possible. My Dark Knight has that emma watson look, and my Maewa looks really sweet. I outfitted them in the soldier outfit you get for free, so I can easily distinguish them as storage alt. I equipped all 3 with hercules armor and gave them weight gems. They can carry a lot more, but not a lot. About 1100 plank before 100%.
    The Calpheon Alt (the Kuno) she processes all the wood I sent from Trent and Keplan. I got a lot of Fir, Cedar and a bit of Tin from there. She just goes to town making plywood and ingots.
    I invested into the Grain nodes in Calpheon.

SC3sS1d.jpg

• In Heidal my Musa Chef is Cooking Artisan 3 now. He is doing nothing but making beers and he exhausts all the grain I sent from Calph and Velia. My house (1 CP) is loaded to the brim with cooking untensils.

5imQ7mI.jpg

• My Altinova Alt (the Maewa) she also processes. I gave up on the elder wood as it was not selling, and I gave up on a white cider node in the middle of Mediah, but besides that, I have nearly every node I want. She runs every now and then to the bazar to get the rough black stone. I invested into all of the nodes. Ocassionally I grab my main (Warrior) to bring back all of the iron, and then I can afk-Iron ingots for hours (thanks Hubb!)

UlM6QEt.jpg

• The Velia Alt (Emma Watson Dark Knight) also provides storage, but she has not processed much. I've run out of possible worker slots in Velia. Olivia has 7 cost effective worker spots, but right now I have nothing Invested into Olivia. I am thinking of investing workers in Olivia, and then collect copper, iron and ash on the remaining on used Velia nodes, just so I can keep stockpiling.
    Like the Calph and Altinova alt, she has a wagon out where I put in misc items so the storage keepers in all the cities are not cluttered or full (the workers stop working if the storage is full).

STa6qJP.jpg

• I've begun building a Boss alt. I decided on Witch. I had a lvl 50 I was not playing, so I decided to give him some better gear. She has some Duo Bares weapons, and duo bares accessory and some grunil. I want her to get to a place where she can do bosses. I've only done bosses during events. As a warrior its very laggy and I get killed a lot. I hope I can have more success with this character. She is currently lvl 53.

4yNTRUF.jpg

• I've enjoyed playing on my Tamer a lot. I love her playstyle. So much fun.
  • I finished all of the Black Spirit quest and the storylines on my warrior. It took 2 full days to complete Valencia Part 1 and 2. And let me tell you- it had some frustrating quests. Seriously frustrating. Holy fuck did I have to google a lot.
    But it's done. I'm not going to them on other characters I think. It was extreme.
  • I got my CP up to 271, so a good increase. I'm nearing 300. The nerf to cooking xp has been brutal so I don't know how to go about it. I gained 10 from the valencia storyline quests. The Valencia dailies might be an option as I see a lot of them give 1000-3000 cp xp per quest.
  • I bought a house in Kusha, and am planning on putting a storage container so it can serve as a flexible grinding spots for alt (if I play Striker, or level tamer or witch further, or go back with Warrior).

oYrRvMA.jpg

• I've been looking into enchanting methods, and saw this guide online where people have a negative karma alt in Velia that gets killed wearing a +15 equipment and then downgrades it . I now have my lvl 56 Ninja stored as a failstacking character. I dont know how to get his karma down thou. Looking into ways besides killing other players.
    I'm sending all my grunil, all my blackstones, all my sharp stones, all my fragments, all my rare crystals- sending it all down to him velia. I have a tendency to sell everything. I'm gonna try and stock up on him and keep at it.

New Goals:

• I don't know how much time I'll have to play over the summer, but I enjoy just life skilling in the background. So I am gonna keep doing that and get a little steady income. I'd like to get higher in fishing. I enjoy fishing a lot. I am getting better at it:)
  • I'd love to have a fast horse(s). I have a t6 called Ohio and I like her. She has been killed 5 times though. she got +15 equipment (mostly). I'd like to get a t8 but that will be hard. (and expensive).
  • I am really interested in Striker. Don't know if it could be my new main, but it might be my second most played character. It used to be Musa, but he is just my chef now. I want to prepare armor for Striker so I can just mayham through 1-56 in high level armor and weapons xD It was a nightmare to upgrade Kreismesser during this dark knight event. It's completely impossible when everyone is preordering everything like crazy.
  • I'd like to get Tri on Grunil. Need to stop selling fragment, stones and other valueables.
  • Like to get my witch boss alt up and ready. I am terrible at playing Witch. Really really terrible. It would be fun to do some bosses. I've never done Karanda, Munster, or the other normal ones. But its not like I'd have the income to upgrade boss armor. I think it makes more sense for me to stick with non-boss armor, and try to get grunil to TET for example (years down the line).
  • Want to get the remaining 29 CP so I hit 300. As I have all the nodes I want (besides one cotton node, and the titanium nodes in valencia) I think the remaining CP will be used for perhaps a shop. Maybe refinery? I am not sure yet, if I want to take my crafting empire to the next level. Still thinking on it.
  • I want to look into how to build the Epheria boat. I've never sailed in the game, but since the swimming and sailing mechanics are being overhauled, it might be a good idea to make a boat. It would be cool if the game handled boats and swimming really snappy and smooth like on land gameplay and on horse.
  • My Warrior is 12% lvl 57 only as a consequence of doing the storyline. I think I can get to 58 if I pace myself a little bit over some months, but I am not going to strive towards it as a priority. So many other things I'd like to do.
  • Used the /reloadui command and it helped my FPS quite a bit. Guess it gets clocked up after a while, huh?

So in the end I'll say that I have really been enjoying myself. The biggest problem I have right now is that we have some toxic assholes on EU. There is no moderation, so it's an unmitigated troll fest. There is a tight community and fun memes on Balenos, but a few individuals who are stinking it up pretty bad. I don't know how things are on NA, but it's pretty bad here. It's worse than I've seen in other games. It is bad that you cannot report other players without a "token".

Topper

I think it may be time we put GAF guild to rest, nobody has said anything in chat for like 3 days, no one has a active contract lol. I play weird hours so I'm not sure if there is more people on during the day but I know its basically me, toasty and minty left. Why don't we find another small active guild to move over too?

zugzug

Nein! YOU must find a guild that does node wars!

Every Saturday the guild Haven does between 3-4 rounds of summoning 3 xtra large Mudster scrolls in Glish ruins. Never knew this was a thing until I saw it happen.

Kalentan

Hey so I'm trying to get back into Black Desert on account of getting a super new beefy computer and being able to run the game a lot better than before.

I'm a Musa level 50. Some people in the GAF guild actually helped me a while back to get to that point...

All I can say now though is that I'm so goddamn confused.

The game gave me so many GM buffs, I have a lot of Black Stone Weapons and Armors and over 100 million silver to use for, no idea what.

At the very least I have this cool new cosmetic armor... Though the screenshot is for some reason, blurrier, than the actual game.

Top Bottom