• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Online |OT| Come on in, the sand's fine [Mediah Update]

Kalentan

Hey so I'm trying to get back into Black Desert on account of getting a super new beefy computer and being able to run the game a lot better than before.

I'm a Musa level 50. Some people in the GAF guild actually helped me a while back to get to that point...

All I can say now though is that I'm so goddamn confused.

The game gave me so many GM buffs, I have a lot of Black Stone Weapons and Armors and over 100 million silver to use for, no idea what.

At the very least I have this cool new cosmetic armor... Though the screenshot is for some reason, blurrier, than the actual game.

Reposting for the new page (at least those with us on 50 pages per page).

Hopefully I can get some help.

Also is the Guild still active and if so, is there room? IIRC, the guild was fighting with room since the guild wasn't high enough level yet to have excess space.

mintylurb

Reposting for the new page (at least those with us on 50 pages per page).

Hopefully I can get some help.

Also is the Guild still active and if so, is there room? IIRC, the guild was fighting with room since the guild wasn't high enough level yet to have excess space.

Well..we got plenty of room now! I'm usually on after 8 pm best time.
you can pm me(Clorets) if you still want to join gaf guild or pm Biestmann, Shiraipan

zugzug

Only took me what 16 months and professional 6 horse training skill and i've joined the tier 8d male horse breeders club the red version.

Jordan

I purchased this game a long time ago (EU) and leveled a few characters up to 50, I've returned now and have not a clue as to what I'm doing.
I've managed to level up a Dark Knight to 51, I have no idea what I use CP for or whether the fact that me having multiple level 50s and only owning a few houses in Heidel for storage space has ruined my chances of doing anything now after effectively starting fresh?

Mephala

I purchased this game a long time ago (EU) and leveled a few characters up to 50, I've returned now and have not a clue as to what I'm doing.
I've managed to level up a Dark Knight to 51, I have no idea what I use CP for or whether the fact that me having multiple level 50s and only owning a few houses in Heidel for storage space has ruined my chances of doing anything now after effectively starting fresh?

CP is used for a lot of stuff and you can change it as you need. Mostly node/resource investment, housing and item rental such as fences.
If you hover your mouse over a town or node it should give you some numbers.
0/40 for example means there are 40 things you can spend CP on here but you currently have 0.

If you have rented items they should be on the character's inventory and is a bound item. Igor Bartali in Velia is one of NPC that can return items to their original owners if you bring the item to them. A few more NPCs can do the same but I don't know them.

TVexperto

What kind of bugged game is this? I cant even get in the game, it always tells me Connection Lost after a few minutes and closes the game completly!! And apparently I am not the only one??!

Faynwulf

I'm really pleased that it is finally coming to Steam. That was one of the big negative points for me. And a personal reason why I never tried it. I just can't stand to have dozen different launchers on my PC.

Mephala

Awww man I don't have enough character slots. I've been itching for a new male character to play as well. Any idea what his Awakening will be?

Ploid 3.0

Oh wow a new class? I really need to start playing and forget about the stinking pet camping on the market place.

Tempted to camp for 5 minutes now as I listen to podcast.

Ploid 3.0

Oh nice, another free slot. I still have a open slot too. If they keep this up with new classes I better find out which class I will fill my extra slot with.

Mephala

Oh wow a new class? I really need to start playing and forget about the stinking pet camping on the market place.

Tempted to camp for 5 minutes now as I listen to podcast.

Feels like I'm forever begging for pets and value packs. At some point I suspect I'll just cave and throw $20 at the game.

Oh nice, another free slot. I still have a open slot too. If they keep this up with new classes I better find out which class I will fill my extra slot with.

A new female class is on the way but wont be finished til around the end of the year so don't expect that one in the west til next year

Info on Striker Awakening.
https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/1905/striker-awakening-and-awakening-weapon-revealed-in-bdo-kr

The Awakening for the Striker, BDO's 14th and the latest character, has been announced on May 19th (KST) in BDO KR.

The Striker's Awakening weapon, Spiritual Guantlet, will be similar to the Striker's mainhand weapon but will cover the whole arm instead of just the hands.

Also, Striker will be able to call a ”Spiritual Clone" to fight aside him. The clone will appear next to him when the Striker uses certain skills and attack the target with him.

Mephala

Asura's Wrath vibes. In gameplay the attacks oddly remind me of pre-awaken Sorceress. I really like the idea of fist fighter but I'm really sure. It doesn't look too appealing to me at the moment.

Aww hell yeah my dudes. My Striker is live.

GAUkqQg.jpg

And apparently I collected some money while I was away? Why did I get 37 million in 'house fame' funds?

Ploid 3.0

And apparently I collected some money while I was away? Why did I get 37 million in 'house fame' funds?

Everyone seems to get that. I got a ton of those too. I just collect them, continue trying for pets on the Market and leave.

I wish they had better hair for brown people. Bald again!

Gin-Shiio

House Fame Fund is based on total character level, life skill level and knowledge and CP. You get it every day, but don't have to log on to do so. That is why yours accumulated over time to this massive amount. And sweet Striker!

House Fame Fund is based on total character level, life skill level and knowledge and CP. You get it every day, but don't have to log on to do so. That is why yours accumulated over time to this massive amount. And sweet Striker!

That's awesome. I have like 8 pages of stuff from the game. Most MMOs would just have not given it to me for not logging in, this game just got me a great kickstart for getting back in!

Any chance someone can tell me how to fix my HUD? It's all fucked up for some reason:

Mithos

That's awesome. I have like 8 pages of stuff from the game. Most MMOs would just have not given it to me for not logging in, this game just got me a great kickstart for getting back in!

Any chance someone can tell me how to fix my HUD? It's all fucked up for some reason:

ESC -> Edit UI -> Reset -> Save

Zexen

Finally finished my striker after like what, 4 hours in the creation tool. I'm pretty happy with the result as it looks good with the ct lighting and in game lighting. I can finally test it now, it will sure be a big change coming from a warrior.

Edit: Now to think of a name...

JPS Kai

I'm curious to see how the character creation tool will carry over into the console versions. If only crossplay was a thing, maybe I could create a character on PC and play it on PS4.

Gin-Shiio

Today's update was just absolutely massive. Nal has been trying to snipe the new Witch, Tamer and Sorceress outfits, and I have unloaded $60 to maximize my life skill slave's inventory space and get her a fishing outfit. I then proceeded to blast over 100M on making a +10 Balenos Rod. How those go for 40M on the market is beyond me, not like I've ever seen one being put up. Either way, I am ready to come home to millions in fish sitting in my inventory. I felt short-term remorse after my purchase, but a look at the Overwatch thread made me feel better.

Zexen

Oh my god I fucking love Striker! After playing Warrior since release and struggling during the leveling phase, it's so good to basically destroy everything in sight. I mean, I farmed Khuruto caves (purple mob party) -underlevelled gear and character- for like what, 30min and I used 3 or 4 pots at max, whereas with my warrior it was a massive chore.

Love it.

RedFury

Any news on whether the console versions will be crossplay with PC? Have now double dipped but want to know so I can eventually play with my PC less brothers.

KissVibes

Banned
I bought this because it was $5.99 and I figured if I didn't like it, I'd get a refund. Jumped into the striker class since I love punching shit. Holy fuck this game is fun. I do wish there were more mobs swarming me at once, but maybe that'll come later.

I saw the dopest black girl created character on Tumblr yesterday. I wish I could find it. I remember when the demo was out, it was a struggle trying to make my black girl look good.

Daeoc

Oh my god I fucking love Striker! After playing Warrior since release and struggling during the leveling phase, it's so good to basically destroy everything in sight. I mean, I farmed Khuruto caves (purple mob party) -underlevelled gear and character- for like what, 30min and I used 3 or 4 pots at max, whereas with my warrior it was a massive chore.

Love it.

So Striker is overpowered, or is Warrior just bad? (I've never played BDO)

Any news on whether the console versions will be crossplay with PC? Have now double dipped but want to know so I can eventually play with my PC less brothers.

There's no info on consoles at all at the moment other than the port is coming.

So Striker is overpowered, or is Warrior just bad? (I've never played BDO)

From what I am hearing from a player who's using the class in KR with awakening he seems to have potential to be.

He has moves that gives a speed buff for 9 seconds and another that gives +6 all evasion for 9 seconds as well.
Striker has some AOE tools for crowd control and is surprisingly fast for a melee class.

Mephala

Love it.

Warrior is really rough until I got his Awakening. I secretly wanted to give up on him but I held out until 56 and got his big sword which made him incredibly powerful. He is now my boss killer.

I still don't like playing as him too much, I think its a bit boring but his awakening is really strong and from what I understand he is pretty vital in PvP too.

Leveling other characters was so much easier by comparison. My Maehwa went through everything like a hot knife through butter. Constant dodge and lifesteal just destroyed everything. My Sorceress was jumping around and had frontal block on one of her strongest attacks. Ridiculous. They should really rework regular warrior.

Edit. Can't recall when you get it but pre-awakened warrior is struggle street until you get Scars of Dusk, then its spam that until Awakening.

Hastati

The striker awakening is way too cool. Even his non-awakened form is cool. They definitely put way more resources into the animations for this class than some of the others lol.

I do want to try one but don't have the resources to dump into another new class...have fun out there strikers!

Top Bottom