• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Online |OT| Come on in, the sand's fine [Mediah Update]

I'm one of the guild officers in the game and can send invites to the guild. Meet me on Valencia 1 and i'll send invites.

Character name is Leerok

zugzug

still need to twist you guys arms to come join Haven and partake in the no pressure tuesday and thursday node wars each week, and the saturday mudster boss scrolls where they summon 3 mudsters each round and do between 3 to 5 rounds of it earn major bankroll.

you guys are missing out on node wars. Doing that many mudsters earns 10 mil.

still need to twist you guys arms to come join Haven and partake in the no pressure tuesday and thursday node wars each week, and the saturday mudster boss scrolls where they summon 3 mudsters each round and do between 3 to 5 rounds of it earn major bankroll.

Well I didn't know about the other GAF guild until it was mentioned here. I'm totally up for a merge making things easier, I'll ask Minty about that.

Mephala

Minty says he'll come over if the rest of us come. But then again, last I heard you guys were looking for active PvP/wars participants. I'm not really into PvP which is why I didn't bother joining.

Minty says he'll come over if the rest of us come. But then again, last I heard you guys were looking for active PvP/wars participants. I'm not really into PvP which is why I didn't bother joining.

I'll eventually catch Minty and try to organize an ingame meetup with the members so we can all get invited.

Does the guild have room for newbies to just casually play as well as PVPrs zugzug?

zugzug

need an idea of GAF numbers if you bring 25 and only 5 come to node wars I imagine frowning would happen. I am bottom of the line member of guild myself. However I am saying this guild can offer two other aspects of game that GAF was not able to offer. The Node wars, and the insane mudsters on saturday around 5pm PST each week. So I picture it would give more options to any new people playing to see more of the game. Guild currently is at 92/100 people I've gathered they Gkick people who stop being active daily logins to make room. Its a family based guild at heart that has existed since 2005 several of the officers know the GM irl type of thing. because of the Mudsters there are no Guild missions from wednesday afternoon till saturday cuz those are all used to gather the mudster scrolls. Looking at guild missions now 5 of 5 still avail. So if thats your thing only need to ask to have one fired up.

So its not a trash talking guild like Pure Luck, and not a best of the best like Manup.

Before anyone gets excited get one or two of you to come into discord and talk to Tsion I can do introductions. I'm Sayloo with family name Mossflower.

Also if you arent' a fierce PvP'er we have a defense squad to defend fort usually the lowest level and lowest geared people. So you still show up and particpate while not actively chasing down their best. unless you are the best, which I am not. Haven does so far team up with another guild for node wars and we end up fighting people above our belt so its something to know going in be prepared to get stomped but its tier 2 nodes mostly if you are familiar.

I'll say again I just think it offers access to do more in the game and see all aspects. They own 3 guild galleys, we used them in last week guild war. So I got to fire the cannon a few times. They have done one magoria hunting guild mission I did not attend haven't done another since talk about wanting to do more to improve getting gear for guild elephant.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Does the black spirit blob thingy ever go away ? Or more precisely its little tutorial suggestions buttons all over the interface (at vendors, on the map, etc.) ?

UI is already hard to swallow without these popups and tutorial buttons that seem, even though you completed them, to never go away.

I'm only level 21 so dunno if that's why.

Ferr986

I spent hundreds of stones, millions of silver enhancing my own gear, inefficiently. Wasting high fail stacks and spending a fortune on repairs. There is definitely smarter ways about it. I recommend reading a guide for fail stacks.

I would recommend focusing on 1 armor piece if you want to enhance yourself.
Buy the rest from the market. 14-19m seems expensive but it is an investment that comes back pretty quick.
If you aren't overly attached to your weapon... Buy a +15 too. It'll help the 50-56 grind a lot.

I'm not sure if I have enough money or if I'll ever see them available on the Marketplace but I'm sure I'll try to buy a weapon already leveled to +15 and armor properly leveled up to.

No way I'm gonna go through the rabbit hole of failstacking and shit again. Worst kind of grind.

The +50 grinding and gear upgrafing is a good method of leaving the game early lol

That's why I advice to newcomers to take it slow, do the quest, try life skills.. etc instead of rushing it.

Does the black spirit blob thingy ever go away ? Or more precisely its little tutorial suggestions buttons all over the interface (at vendors, on the map, etc.) ?

UI is already hard to swallow without these popups and tutorial buttons that seem, even though you completed them, to never go away.

I'm only level 21 so dunno if that's why.

You can take off notifications in the settings menu.

mxgt

Banned
Bought this on a whim from Steam, 5 hours later and I'm loving my time with it. Watched some vids on the stuff that was overwhelming me and then just ran around and explored.

I've played so many MMO's that follow the conventional formula and this is a major breath of fresh air for me.

Hubb

On my gtx1080 and 1440p I get a ton of shimmering. Do I need to force something outside the game?

The game has a number of filters and I forget which one, but there is a default filter on the game. You can go into the options and either turn it off or select a different one (and turn off camera shaking, I have no idea why that is even in the game).

On my gtx1080 and 1440p I get a ton of shimmering. Do I need to force something outside the game?

Lots of players have tested various issues and compiled them;https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...ultimate_guide_for_fpsperformanceping_issues/

• I recommend playing in fullscreen borderless. Gave me better performance.
  • Remember some people have issue with low framerates because the game doesn't recognize some monitors individual refresh rates, which turns the monitors refresh rate down to as low as possible.
  • Disable high end mode. It's a buggy in-progress mode with glitches, memory leaks other issues.
  • Disable other players spell effects and lanterns (I also disable their pets). It's just a freakshow with everything going on.

To clean up UI;

• activate "simpliy UI"
  • use EDIT UI to scale various elements to what you want or remove busywork
  • you can deactivate all notifications that constantly pop up on screen
  • you can easily bypass a lot of the spam by messing with the chat filter settings
  • You can change the system font to what you want. You can rock comic sans if you're a sadist
  • The Quest Log has a lot of functionality. the game is loaded with so many quests and things. Hover over the wheel on the quest window and select how many quests you want to display and which. You can quick access your full quest log with "O".
  • When you're running around doing life quests you don't know what to be confused or distracted with combat quests. when you're looking for new quests, you don't want to see repeatable quests. or maybe you're on a secondary character that you only want to do main quests.
  • Only want to do main quests for the inventory expansion? press O - Go to the second fan, and look under the subfan "Inventory expansion". Here you can also see which quests corresponds to which quest lines. which are reoccuring, which are "etc", which are life skill, which are repeatable, which are related to mediah or velencia.

General QOL:

• To take those better selfies and screenshots, or to roleplay and immerse yourself, position yourself behind a chair, bed, or a wall and walk backwards into it. your character will naturally interacte. if leaning backwards on the wall, you can eavesdrop on others, and move the camera really far away with the arrow keys for screenshots/videos. this allows you to take some really powerful screenshots.
  • General movement: Q for crouching, and hold space to go prone. Hold caps lock down to walk. unfortunately they cannot make a permanent walk toggle even though its been requested.
    Swimming is absolutely terrible. its being overhauled fortunately. we can only hope the redesign will be great.
  • Most valuable nodes 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npFgXn-gHNY
  • Get used to memorizing skill commands instead of putting everything on hot bar. Put those on hotbar that requires it (only a few). You can put cheap feed on the hotbar to quickly feed your pets by spamming that hotbar button.
  • Done playing or going to bed? Instead of quitting the game, take your character, find a place to fish, or auto run on a horse, or process lots materials, or some other kind of AFK activity and click quit to game, and check the box that says "minimize to system trey". Now the game is running in the background with little resources, but still running. your workers are still working, your character is still working. you can go to bed or do other stuff. This method of playing allows you to play when not playing. its also useful when multi tasking. On my chef character I'll make batches of beers that takes 30-45 minutes. I minimize the game, and then I do other stuff. I feel like I can work while I play.
    This is one of my favorite features of the game.
    It's fun to me to check in on the game and feel like I am making progress in the game, even when I dont have time to play.
  • Get used to auto pathing. its your friend. running while pressing T starts a normal auto run.
  • CTRL + U hides UI, and if you're in a town, pressing U again will give you two seconds of slowmo. looks really cool all your skills in slow mo.
  • The options have powerful photo filters that eliminates the need for third party tools. you got different photo modes and effects to play with. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWqwAKwAXOI )
  • Best Wagon to start with is a merchant wagon. You buy it on marketplace under wagon. merchant is good to start with because it has 18 slots, is affordable (compared to noble) and generally available. you buy the registration, you take it to the stablemaster, you name it, and there you go.
  • I recommend you start lifeskilling early. when you're around velia and heidel, call your black spirit with "," and click on GUIDE < It's in guide that all the lifeskill quests are. they are introductions to processing, grinding, shaking, fishing, and so on. Do as many as you can. The rewards end up better.
    Not only are they really good at levelling your life skills early on, they also tell you where to go, what to make, and this will increase your knowledge (which increases your energy). stock your character and wagon up with tools from a material vendor. you will need to use the grey shabby tools in the beginning.
    Here is Rinku doing them; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orRj_tcysJk
  • buy some skinning knives, axes, pickaxes, fishing poles, butcher knife, hoes, syringe for sap on trees (and remember you can also collect things barehanded). collect every new type of thing you can.
  • Press "H" to see what you've discovered. Every NPC.. every enemy, every flower, every stone, every fish is needs to be discovered. You discover something by looting it, talking to it, killing it, harvesting it, picking it up- basically interacting with it.
  • Remember - There is little point to get to lvl 56 thinking you're ahead of the curve. Need to shut off this part of your conditoned brain from other MMOs that think combat > everything else.
    Your energy and contribution is also important.
  • when browsing the world map with M, you can change what parameters you want to search for. I disable a lot of the info by untoggling various things in the top right corner. I also change mode to the dark one, and then enable quests. that makes the world map more pleasing and less cluttered to look at. Here you can also search for which nodes have which resources (trees, ore, hidden resources, and so on).
  • http://blackdesertanalytics.com/ is your friend
  • http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/#!/ is your friend
  • 56 and want to get into bosses? < http://urzasarchives.com/bdo/guides/boss-guides/ is your friend
  • General lifehacks; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeqLPrwzneE < how to search cities, gain knowledge on trade items, using marketplace, and more
  • Wanna farm as a new player in the starting area? < https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCe1tIMKU6I
  • Incendar: most useful cash shop items for new players; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNMR8m8L31w&t
  • How to buy, tame, train, collect, breed, sell, upgrade and equip horses; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUuQu7HCFSM
  • Housing: What is it good for?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W636sx7igIU
  • 20 ways to make 1-3 mill silver P/H: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0DRfRZWQNs&t
  • Black Harvest Moon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y_5TN_0Tvo&t < How make money with farms (strawberry..)
  • Specced a way you didn't like with your skill tree? don't worry. at 56 you get a free reset so you can start over. but in general it doesn't matter. its only a matter of which skills you want to take first.
  • 10% Experience Helmet crystal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KY9uE0uRXM < You get one chance on your account to get a very very special crystal that gives 10% experience boost on top of everything else (it stacks with any other sort of experience boost) from a quest in Altinova. Don't sell this crystal. Remember that it can break (like any crystal) if you die in PvE. Its valueable and unobtainable through other means. Only through special events have people gotten it. This is a crystal you want to keep for your combat-grinding gear. Not for your boss gear where you got a high risk of dying.
  • Every energy you have is free money. buy a bunch of bottles, and go to a river or the ocean, and just fill water bottles. every bottle you fill is worth a substaintial amount on the marketplace. Are you in the desert? buy a bunch of shovels and dig for ore, stone and cystals you can sell and use. every bottle/shovel/whatever uses an energy. So see energy as the valueable resource they are. Got alts just collecting energy? Do this:
  • you can walk up past a NPC and steal from them with F2 if you're behind them. if you get caught you will lose karma.
  • How to invest energy into nodes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBpyAfNzcv4

Play your class better:

BDO is heavily skill dependent. Learn the combos and animation cancels for your class. It can be really really useful to enable the on-screen keyboard input.

HwW3mkA.gif

It makes you more aware that you're not just mashing buttons, but that you're actively improving and this is going to make a bigger and bigger difference later as you become more effiecient and better. Gear is one part of the equation, the other part is your ability to use your skills effectively.
The game penalizes button smashing and hotkey play. That is why activation and damage output is lower for some skills. so don't get used to putting these skills on your hotbar.

Here are some examples:

Ferr986

Are Yuria weapons still worth it? A +15 Liverto is super expensive, but I can afford the Yuria. Dunno if there's another weapon..

Just got this yesterday for $6, looking to play exclusively solo with a strong PvE class.

I've heard that Wizard, Witch and Dark Knight are to go-to for this style of play. Any veterans here have advice on making a choice (or on anything concerning solo PvE)?

Just got this yesterday for $6, looking to play exclusively solo with a strong PvE class.

I've heard that Wizard, Witch and Dark Knight are to go-to for this style of play. Any veterans here have advice on making a choice (or on anything concerning solo PvE)?

My recommendation is to play what you think is most of fun. They are all powerful in PvE, but some are overpowered. With that said, Dark Knight feels really really good in PvE. Wizard edges out as a farming tool, but I feel Dark Knight is the better overall PvE class. What it sacrifices in AOE, it has in much better defense and survivability. Wizard and Witch are top dogs but they are also squishy and require a more attentive playstyle than many of the others.

Dark Knight is also a lot more forgiving and rewarding than Valk and Warrior who need their awakenings to become strong. And Dark Knight doesn't feel like you have to work hard to get that good damage output like with Ninja and Striker which has a lot of key presses input for high damage.

Hubb

What about Rosar? Mind you I don't care about PvP, and seems to have a lil better AP, acc and 2 slots. Same price and unlike Yuria a +15 keeps appearing on the marketplace lol

Honestly I wouldn't care about Yuria anymore. Specially if you don't care about PvP. Get the Krea/Rosar/Yuria to DUO (whichever is cheaper), while you slowly work on getting a Kzarka and leveling that.

no, What I think you mean to say is I hope that every flashy, hawt, good looking stand me out from the crowd outfit comes from the buy to play marketplace. There are like seven sets of equipment you can enhance and level up as you go each has subtle different looks, then there are like 12 in game costumes you can buy or craft yourself once you set up your node worker and buy the costume crafting house those are the pictures someone posted above us. those flashy armors do not improve your defense stat DP.

But as for gear that you equip that improves your DP = defense stat there is Rebar(prolly the first item you'll find from killing mobs), Agerian, Taritas, Zereth, Talis, Luck Armor of Fortuna, Strength armor of heve, Armor of hercules' might, those are the 1-50 level type gear then at level 50 you start to see Grunil, Rocaba, and then the end game gear is the Boss gear which all have its different name for each piece there Red Nose Armor, Dim Tree Spirit armor, Bheg's gloves, Giath's helmet, Muskan's boots

All of the DP gear is subtle real made looking gear. The boss gear is all flashy in its own.

the buy to pay costumes which you can buy from the marketplace are all flashy to get you to buy them. Then you need like 10 to 15 dyes to match them and dye them correctly to get a cohesive looking set. You do not need the buy to play costumes at all to play the game until you get to level 55+ that extra 10% exp bonus they give won't really be seen noticed till then.

edit: also if you want one of those costumes that come from the pictures posted above get with one of us veterans who have the workers set up and the raw materials already gathered we can make like 2,5 or 10 of them at once and then get with you on a time to post it to marketplace to enhance best time for you to get them, but these will be bought out within minutes as well why I say we could post perhaps 10. Depending whom you ask it would take us maybe a day or to to produce 10 crafted and be ready to post them so we'd need to coordinate timing. Make sense?

Thank you very much for the response. It's not ideal, but it's not as bad as I was expecting after equipping that gear.

As for the offer for the costume, I appreciate that, if I get enough time with the game (the beast PC is my wife's) I will get with one of you veterans. :)

Edit: Just wanted to add that your thoughtful response rekindled my interest in the game, as well as the community.

Elfstruck

So about the pre-order option on the marketplace, how does it work? Let's say I'm willing to pay 15 million for gunil armor, does the seller gets to see my offer first before putting it on the market?

Gin-Shiio

So about the pre-order option on the marketplace, how does it work? Let's say I'm willing to pay 15 million for gunil armor, does the seller gets to see my offer first before putting it on the market?

Nothing changes for the person selling the item. They receive the amount of silver asked for when they put up the item. The difference between that price and your pre-order is lost to the market. Since the seller therefore has no control over who they are selling to, the highest pre-order simply wins.

Elfstruck

Nothing changes for the person selling the item. They receive the amount of silver asked for when they put up the item. The difference between that price and your pre-order is lost to the market. Since the seller therefore has no control over who they are selling to, the highest pre-order simply wins.

Meh, I thought it would work different. I have been trying to buy +15 set, but it disappeared instantly.

Tomeru

Tons of i lnfo in this page guys, thanks!

Regarding combos: are they purely for maxing out damage of chaining individual skills, or do skills get specific buffs in a particukar combo?

Hubb

Meh, I thought it would work different. I have been trying to buy +15 set, but it disappeared instantly.

If you aren't set in going for the grunil armor, Heve/Robaca are good replacements. I know a lot of people like going Heve because replacing 1 or 2 pieces with boss armor doesn't really hurt the set bonuses.

My recommendation is to play what you think is most of fun. They are all powerful in PvE, but some are overpowered. With that said, Dark Knight feels really really good in PvE. Wizard edges out as a farming tool, but I feel Dark Knight is the better overall PvE class. What it sacrifices in AOE, it has in much better defense and survivability. Wizard and Witch are top dogs but they are also squishy and require a more attentive playstyle than many of the others.

Dark Knight is also a lot more forgiving and rewarding than Valk and Warrior who need their awakenings to become strong. And Dark Knight doesn't feel like you have to work hard to get that good damage output like with Ninja and Striker which has a lot of key presses input for high damage.

Excellent advice, thanks a lot!

Mephala

How is Sorcerer?

Fantastic. Mobile, stylish, good damage and decent aoe.

See that nice long post with the hoppy character in the gif? That's a sorcy

What about Rosar? Mind you I don't care about PvP, and seems to have a lil better AP, acc and 2 slots. Same price and unlike Yuria a +15 keeps appearing on the marketplace lol

I'm rocking rosars. Note that you also get a small accuracy bonus for having both main. and offhand.
I took rosars in favour of extra crystal slot but in general it's a pretty reliable choice.

Mithos

Is the explorer pack per character or account? I cant figure out how to redeem it :s

Account, you redeem it through the website by "sending" the items to your server/character, (make sure you send it to the correct one).
After a while you should then get an ingame mail with the items you sent there, if busy it could take up to 24hrs, sometimes its almost instantly though.

Edit:
Sorry, for not detailing it better, as Mephala below say. Specifically Horse Flute and the +16 inventory slots will lock to the character you use it on first, so use them on the character you want to have them on.

FiraB

Banned
Striker is god tier, has DK level damage but way faster. The combo damage scales to amazing levels if you can pull them all off in proper order and the pace of the class is just fantastic if you can play that key-combo. It took me 25 minutes to go from 20-34 and no one in the area (6 ppl) could get mobs from me, felt bad but I was in and out in no time.

Easily reach 53 tomorrow I reckon, maybe 55 if I can get a decent 15+ weapon off the market. Definitely my new grind mule.

Ferr986

Honestly I wouldn't care about Yuria anymore. Specially if you don't care about PvP. Get the Krea/Rosar/Yuria to DUO (whichever is cheaper), while you slowly work on getting a Kzarka and leveling that.

I'm rocking rosars. Note that you also get a small accuracy bonus for having both main. and offhand.
I took rosars in favour of extra crystal slot but in general it's a pretty reliable choice.

Thanks!

Ended up getting a Rosar+15 (a blue one, I think attack speed one) mainly because it was the only one that popped and was able to buy lol

Also got all Grunils+15. Accesories are only Bares I but I don't have much more money to spend (saving for the Sorc awakened weapon). I think I still have enough for Mediah.

Sucks that I have to leave Ranger behind, but I have no money for equip it now (and it's not worth it at the state of the class right now). Will be my Life skill char for now.

Fitz

Just picked this up, looking forward to digging into it at the weekend, seems like there's quite a lot of good newbie resources between here, Reddit and elsewhere.

As far as I can tell all of the classes are pretty good in one way or another, but I'm looking at Witch, Berserker or Ranger to start with. Probably going to be playing solo mostly, but from what I've seen Witch and Berserker are good for grouping as well?

Hubb

And if I got it through steam gifting? Im in an ip locked country.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/582660/discussions/?fp=3

Does this work?

Hello Steam,

I have bought the steam version with Explorer's Package, and have played a few hours on a new character. But I have no option to claim any of my bonus rewards like my horse or pet? I have looked everywhere in-game and can not log in on the Black Desert website (The e-mail I verified to the steam version has no password and can't get a new one?)

Anyone had this issue too and knows how to fix it? I am as grateful as possible thank you very much I want my loot slave yo

-Hey /GG/ Madnuzz. &#9829;!

To claim your Explorer's Package, open up the in-game menu by pressing the 'ESC' key and clicking the 'Redeem' button. There, you should be redeem all the items from your package.

If you happen to see a Invalid Parameters (202) error, this is a temporary issue that we're working to solve ASAP. Check the pinned 'Known Issues' thread for more information on that.

Accesories are only Bares I but I don't have much more money to spend (saving for the Sorc awakened weapon). I think I still have enough for Mediah.

Do you have a full set of Jarette's accessories? Those are great until you start getting better accessories and PRI'ing them.

Just picked this up, looking forward to digging into it at the weekend, seems like there's quite a lot of good newbie resources between here, Reddit and elsewhere.

As far as I can tell all of the classes are pretty good in one way or another, but I'm looking at Witch, Berserker or Ranger to start with. Probably going to be playing solo mostly, but from what I've seen Witch and Berserker are good for grouping as well?

Most people who talk about grouping are talking about PVP, and Berserkers/Witches are good in group PvP. I haven't totally kept up with what is "op" in node/siege wars, but I am pretty sure wizard/witches are always sought after.

Ferr986

As a fellow Ranger... don't go Ranger. It requires chugging MP pots like a drug addict (the class more dependant on MP, way more than mages) and the damage has been nerfed highly (it was OP at first, truth to be told) to the point that its not worth considering the huge MP usage.

Do you have a full set of Jarette's accessories? Those are great until you start getting better accessories and PRI'ing them.

Nope... tbf I don't know what are those accessories lol but I'll look into it tonight.

Hubb

Nope... tbf I don't know what are those accessories lol but I'll look into it tonight.

They are in the pink box that is located in the top right of the Black Spirit board game/dice thing.

At one point they gave them out like candy, I have 4ish sets of them but they are bound to accounts. I wasn't sure if they still offered them to players leveling up or not. Getting them from the dice game might be the only way now.

Elfstruck

I'm confused about the market value assets. So it represents the value of all the stuff in my warehouse? If so, I don't know why my market assets is at 71 million, because I don't think my stuff is worth that much.

Also, I was messing with breeding horse yesterday and I noticed that people listed T8 horse on the breeding board for 35 million fee. Do they receive the money or the fee just goes toward the game?

Top Bottom