• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 2 'Revolution' Map Pack DLC Leaked

Hell yes. Castle, Roundhouse, Banzai, Makin, Sub Pens. So much greatness. Though I guess a map like Sub Pens would make a lot of score streaks useless.
I'm sure they'd open up the ceiling in a few places if they ever feeds to remake it.

I've been tempted to pick up W@W during the past few Steam sales since that was made back in the day when the map packs were free on PC, but from what I've heard the only servers left are all tacticlol crouch only.

Treyarch (or whoever ghostwrites for Treyarch) makes really good map packs.

Card Boy

Banned
I dont care about the DLC but what concerns me is the gun. If its available in public multiplayer then this is basically Pay2Win.

Gorillaz

Treyarch have been slacking with the names of there zombie maps for awhile. Hope it isnt seriously just called "die rise"

Also surprised they now have gun dlc. Thought that was considered a no-no for both 3arc and IW? Interesting.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm pretty sure that since MW2, once you've downloaded any of the DLC, you only get matched up with others who have it as well — so people who haven't purchased the map pack won't have an opportunity to pick up the new gun in games anyway. But who knows, they might do it differently this time to entice people into buying the pack.

Card Boy

Banned
They better put this on the Wii U version (and include Nuke Town while they're at it)

Do you think its a good idea selling DLC to a player base of 62000? Its splitting a already small Community. Multilayer DLC only works if you have the numbers to back it up.

hatchx

Banned
Do you think its a good idea selling DLC to a player base of 62000? Its splitting a already small Community. Multilayer DLC only works if you have the numbers to back it up.

COD games continue to sell, and DLC is pretty good profit. They should just do it. How else can they expect a real COD fanbase to start on the platform if they gimp it?

VariantX

It's a worse idea to not have it and have no one buy future installments on that platform because of the lack of post release support other platforms enjoy.

Valnen

This is the same excuse people used for Jill and Shuma in MvC3, regardless whether people think its shitty or not its selling a advantage to people with $$$$.

Something is only an advantage if it's better than everything else. That's what the word advantage means.

LowParry

Someone brought it up before but that SMG could be for zombies. Guess we'll find out in the next couple of weeks.

Can anyone who plays Battlefield 3 explain how DICE deals with weapon DLC?

I've been told that non-owners of DLC can't equip the weapon (understandable) but they can pick it up and use it? Is this correct?

I wouldn't have a problem with Treyarch doing that.

VariantX

Can anyone who plays Battlefield 3 explain how DICE deals with weapon DLC?

I've been told that non-owners of DLC can't equip the weapon (understandable) but they can pick it up and use it? Is this correct?

I wouldn't have a problem with Treyarch doing that.

In BF3, if you kill someone that has it, you can use their loadout. There's DICE only stuff (silenced magnum i think) for example you can use for your self if you loot their corpse. New weapons are also useable across ALL maps and modes that allow loadout selection.

Do you not like Zombies, or do you just not like their one-map-per-pack approach? Because I definitely hate how they distribute it piecemeal. I picked up the original BLOPS on Steam the other day, and the only DLC I grabbed was Moon, which had 5 zombie maps, since that distribution method actually made sense to me.

ohlawd

I want this with Jungle also included.

Treyarch fucked up NT 2025 though. It's smaller in some areas and bigger in others.

If Treyarch wants to futurize BO1 maps, then please lawd, don't fuck up. Just take the exact same map and make everything look future-y. Don't mess around with the size and stuff.

Lol is it wrong I'd honestly rather have remade levels from BO1 in these DLC packs than new levels?

I <3'ed BO1 so much.

At least one of them should be an old fav, people think its cheap but I really like playing old levels as a long time fan its appreciated (like in Mario Kart).

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
New Banner Image of Black Ops 2 Revolution DLC, Official Mobile Site Confirms Leaks

6orKr.jpg

Not my pics.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Map details from Amazon.

• Hydro– A large map allows  the player to  use the dam and water to their advantage to block and stop enemies.
• Downhill–  Medium  base on  French Alps complete  with snow, chair lifts, and a strategically placed lodge.
• Grind–Set in Venice, California boardwalk, this map deliver fast and frenetic Call of Duty action.
• Mirage–A Gobi Desert multiplayer map utilises sand dunes
• Zombies – Die Rise– This  Zombie apocalypse map takes place in  China

• Peacekeeper SMG–You will fall in love with this  sub-machine gun,This weapon has the power and accuracy you want.

JoshHood

Lol is it wrong I'd honestly rather have remade levels from BO1 in these DLC packs than new levels?

I <3'ed BO1 so much.

At least one of them should be an old fav, people think its cheap but I really like playing old levels as a long time fan its appreciated (like in Mario Kart).

I would pay good money for a pack with all the BO1 maps.

Radec

This will be the first CoD DLC I'll be buying and get to the highest prestige available.

I guess having 10+ friends playing everyday is fun. :D

Effect

Call of Duty is one of the few non-Nintendo titles that are evergreen. They continue to sell as long as they can bought. The numbers will increase. However they won't if people think the DLC won't come after what happen with the Wii versions. They need to announce it for the Wii U asap so sales don't stall though.

adelante

Die Rise DLC Details Leaked? The new map is actually another hub of smaller zones, not unlike Tranzit :D

The Zombie map is said to be set in Breslau, Germany and will contain 4 maps within the Die Rise mode, similar to what we&#8217;ve seen in TranZit. The maps included are City, Village, Nuclear Plant and Train Station, with City expected to be the biggest of the 4 maps. We will also see the inclusion of more perks in Deadshot and Mulekick, seen in the previous Black Ops installment and some new Easter Eggs. New buildables will also be included in the Head Lamp, which allows you to avoid the annoying Denizens, but attracts Zombies.

netBuff

Call of Duty is one of the few non-Nintendo titles that are evergreen. They continue to sell as long as they can bought. The numbers will increase. However they won't if people think the DLC won't come after what happen with the Wii versions. They need to announce it for the Wii U asap so sales don't stall though.

The Wii U doesn't support DLC at this point. A system update that was to be released in December was going to add the functionality, but that obviously has been postponed.

Top Bottom