• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 2 updated with Viral Marketing for the next Call of Duty.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Interesting they used Black Ops 2 and not Ghosts or you know... even more modern Advanced Warfare's maps to put the QR code in.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Its their game

Yes, but how many people are playing it? I honestly haven't kept up with Call of Duty since 6 (though really, more like 4). Has the playerbase declined since Black Ops 2/CoD9 to where Activision wouldn't put it where the most eyeballs playing would see it?

Treyarch please save cod again.

They updated the Wii U version too, right guys?

...guys?

Fat chance. If treyarch is generous enough to make a wii u version for their next game, I will suck vonderharr's balls.

Although I think black ops 2 on wii u has more players than pc right now.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Yes, but how many people are playing it? I honestly haven't kept up with Call of Duty since 6 (though really, more like 4). Has the playerbase declined since Black Ops 2/CoD9 to where Activision wouldn't put it where the most eyeballs playing would see it?

Blops 2 got a way more active player base than Ghosts for sure and although I like AW I wouldn't be surprised if Blops 2 is more active than that.

Blops 2 is still pulling 100,000-200,000 players online at a time somedays and weekends, especially holiday weekends, sometimes even more than that

Treyarch please save cod again.

Fat chance. If treyarch is generous enough to make a wii u version for their next game, I will suck vonderharr's balls.

Although I think black ops 2 on wii u has more players than pc right now.
If treyarch make one for the Wii U thats not up to treyarch its up to black ops 3. Ask Black ops 3.

Radec

Ghosts has been forgotten by all cod players.

People went back to blops2 after the ghosts disaster. And if it was on ps4/xbone people would have go back to blops2 after cod:aw.

Sometimes it even got more viewers in twitch than AW

Treyarse completely shat the bed with their last game so i won't be there day one but i hope it ends up being a true sequel to blops this outing.

MattyG

Banned
Definitely Black Ops 3. Maybe they'll do a triple storyline this time (WWII, Vietnam and near future)? If not, I hope it's more like BO1 than 2.

The jumping/boosting shit didn't bother me in AW, it was mostly the maps and lag that made me not play as much.

As for whether or not I care if they stick with the futuristic style or not, it depends on how far they go with it.

AW was futuristic but it was kind of half assed. If Black Ops 3 is going to have a futuristic setting then I hope they go all out with it.

MattyG

Banned
What is there to suggest this is for Black Ops 3? It seems like it's just placed in Black Ops 2 as that was Treyarch's last CoD game.
Well the clues were patched in very recently, CoD games are always revealed in early May, and it's Treyarch's turn this year. It may be a new subseries, but odds are that it's BO3.

CODs roots are in WW2... Black Ops is like 7 or 8 games in.

tumblr_mejnpu26Rm1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Would love to see a game set in deep future (2700 or something) in a world not quite as technologically advanced as our world today, a la A Canticle For Leibowitz. Would leave so much room for cool creative decisions.

And the 360 version?
Or this update was just for PC?

It's on 360 and PS3 but as of last night there was no PC change.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
BLOPS 2 on PC hasn't been touched in almost two years so I doubt it's going to be brought into the fold, which I suppose makes sense considering PC gamers have been giving CoD a rather chilly reception for years now -- it seems to shoot up Steam's Top Sellers lists when it's available to purchase/nearing release or on sale, but this isn't reflected in concurrent player numbers.

Busty

Banned
Weren't there rumours that the next Call Of Duty game would be entirely based around the 'zombie mode' of previous Black Ops games?

I could see Activision trying to shake things up a bit with COD with something like this.

BokehKing

Banned
I hope they come up with their own system for extended movement options. Maybe not as drastic as AWs, but CoD infantry combat is getting extremely stale. There needs to be new stuff.
Like grappling hooks?
Weren't there rumours that the next Call Of Duty game would be entirely based around the 'zombie mode' of previous Black Ops games?

I could see Activision trying to shake things up a bit with COD with something like this.
I would be all over that

Ragona

I think the new Call of Duty announcement is imminent:
In a recent german videogame channel the biggest CoD fan said:
''going to an Activision event later today to see something really unexpected ;) (irony obviously)". That was last wednesday

1-2 more weeks tops? when do CoD usually get announced?

I haven't bought a Cod,since Blops 1. I may bite, always looking to play can fps and the only one I enjoy right now is TLOU. It's not Fps but it's still fun.

vin-buc

Treyarch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sledgehammer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(x10000000000) >> IW

As someone who plays CoD 95% of the time - i completely disagree. I really can't understand how Sledgehammer is 2nd after CoD: AW (even if it's a close 2nd with IW). I play both now and can say that even though Ghosts has its faults - the net code/hit detection/even spawns are far superior. Playing CoD: W@W, Blops1 and Blops2 - i can confidently say that the netcode/hit detection isn't optimized (i'm being kind) - unless it was on PC with dedi's.

On a side note - I heard a rumor that BLOPS3 will have new movement mechanics - i'm getting really worried/anxious to see what this is. I'm not a fan of the Exo Jump/Dash the way it is. But I really like the exo abilities and would like to see that in all CoD games.

Javin98

Banned
So what's the chance that this is current gen and PC only? Or can we at least expect it to look as good as Advanced Warfare?

Newlove

''going to an Activision event later today to see something really unexpected ;) (irony obviously)". That was last wednesday

Usually April / May. Before E3 for sure.

sonto340

I just can't understand how that's a thing and how they're using it (beyond the obvious paycheck)

wut
Lots of things use snapchat for marketing big events get specific stories that show the event.
There's also a new section of snapchat that houses CNN Comedy Central and other things for straight up marketing. It's what snapchat is now.

vin-buc

Historically, around the NBA playoffs i believe.

sonto340

As someone who plays CoD 95% of the time - i completely disagree. I really can't understand how Sledgehammer is 2nd after CoD: AW (even if it's a close 2nd with IW). I play both now and can say that even though Ghosts has its faults - the net code/hit detection/even spawns are far superior. Playing CoD: W@W, Blops1 and Blops2 - i can confidently say that the netcode/hit detection isn't optimized (i'm being kind) - unless it was on PC with dedi's
Every like three lives I spawn right in front of an enemy and die instantly in Ghosts. So. No.

MattyG

Banned
So what's the chance that this is current gen and PC only? Or can we at least expect it to look as good as Advanced Warfare?
Don't hold me to this, but I thought I remembered seeing Shinobi say that they were planning on it being crossgen.

Javin98

Banned
Don't hold me to this, but I thought I remembered seeing Shinobi say that they were planning on it being crossgen.
Really? Why can't devs just let cross gen games die? Well, at least, I hope they focus mainly on the current gen versions and leave the last gen versions to a smaller dev team ala Advanced Warfare.

MattyG

Banned
Really? Why can't devs just let cross gen games die? Well, at least, I hope they focus mainly on the current gen versions and leave the last gen versions to a smaller dev team ala Advanced Warfare.
That's probably what they'll do. I guess the last gen versions still sell though, so it makes sense why they'd do it. Hopefully this is the last year though.

Can we go back to classic guns and weapons? Even 70's and 80's guns like in Black Ops 1?

I'm tired of futuristic bullshit.
Future warfare is the new modern warfare. Prepare to see it driven into the ground.

diehard

Fleer
Can we go back to classic guns and weapons? Even 70's and 80's guns like in Black Ops 1?

I'm tired of futuristic bullshit.

Top Bottom