• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops II official site is up

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I usually play call of duty for the campaign. The mp is just a nice addition.

I have never played the single player for more than 10 minutes a game.

I can see how we may have different opinions.

All the more reason for Activision to split the modes apart and charge $30 a piece (at least on PC)

raviolico

general asking: why should a tank "walk" when he could more efficient "roll" ?
i mean those are dam short legs...

Angry Fork

Image from Joystiq, didn't see it posted already:

Walking tank

Snake_vs_REX.jpg

edit - late -_-

Kinyou

I have never played the single player for more than 10 minutes a game.

I can see how we may have different opinions.

All the more reason for Activision to split the modes apart and charge $30 a piece (at least on PC)
That would be quite an interesting business model.

def sim

Except it's still the same railgun twitch gameplay that Q3A had. There's no bullet travel like Battlefield has. The physics feel like a cvar tweak instead of a totally different mechanic (I'll get them a slight benefit of doubt they changed/modded this since there's no air physics or rocketjumps, obviously).

Treyarch poster here two years ago: "We changed the physics and lighting systems! It's a completely new engine!"
Me: "Uh, dude, you may have taken some things out and added a few new things. But under the hood it's still the Q3A engine. No matter how much you protest it isn't."

And until they stop having hit scan no-recoil "modern" guns, it's always going to be regarded as the Q3A engine to me because the guns feel like the Q3A railgun. Even the sniper rifle.

In fact, Carmack remarked on this with a "you know your engine is good if it's still being used 10 years later" remark. So...

Having once said MW2&3 are Quake games with a realism skin mod, I agree with you for the most part.

Though the point of contention originated from this:

I hope it uses the MW2/3 engine this time, not the one from W@W.

You know all the games use the Quake III engine right?

The implication that they are all the same because they originated from the Q3 engine is just silly. We can dispute the differences between the engines all we want, but it doesn't make the changes IW have made between MW1 and 2 any less apparent.

Cake Boss

Banned
At least they are trying something new unlike the other COD studio.

Give me terminators to shoot at instead of zombies and you have my money.

Walking tank

The scale in this pic seems completely off. Looking at the tank you would imagine that it is huge, larger than a car. At first I didn't even notice the cars in the background, when I did it completely threw me off. Instead of the tank appearing small, the truck looks giant.

The scale in this pic seems completely off. Looking at the tank you would imagine that it is huge, larger than a car. At first I didn't even notice the cars in the background, when I did it completely threw me off. Instead of the tank appearing small, the truck looks giant.
Damn that ruins the whole thing. I wanted a big ass walker, not something the size of a car.

MDSLKTR

Treyarch> the other cod studios and they actually dare to do something different. MW3 was such shit compared to blops. I hope this one has a survival mode tough.

Effect

Treyarch> the other cod studios and they actually dare to do something different. MW3 was such shit compared to blops. I hope this one has a survival mode tough.

The hate for Treyarch was always crazy. That they made different design choices was always a good thing. I don't like how IW designed certain things but it's never gotten to a level where I hate them or their games. I just don't play them as much.

Derrick01

Banned
I can't wait for the walking tank killstreak where you can probably control it and destroy everyone until some sneaky asshole comes up and C4's you from behind. It looks like it would take an hour just to turn to your side with those legs.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
This will be the most hilarious Call of Duty to date.

It's not a tank, and it's not meant to be big either.

LOL WOW AT MECH. ROCK BOTTOM.

Mechs in CoD. WE ANIME NOW.

It's not a mech.

Wait, is this a CoD set in the distant future? This might be interesting.

It's not set in the distant future.

Walking tank

Dammit. So you pointing out that these images give you a misleading sense of scale, I decided to look at the other screens again.

These things are toy sized, not full out awesome futuristic choppers.

All interest I had is gone.

REV 09

not going to pretend to be interested, but what the hell is this? I really don't understand why they would call it Black Ops if it's really Future Warfare...seems like it should have had a name change. It also kind of diminishes what Black Ops was trying to do in creating it's own setting.

Moreover, it looks terrible and i really don't think the average joe likes sci fi games. There is a difference between the Halo player and the CoD player. This just seems like a branding and marketing mistake imo.

not going to pretend to be interested, but what the hell is this? I really don't understand why they would call it Black Ops if it's really Future Warfare...seems like it should have had a name change. It also kind of diminishes what Black Ops was trying to do in creating it's own setting.

Moreover, it looks terrible and i really don't think the average joe likes sci fi games. There is a difference between the Halo player and the CoD player. This just seems like a branding and marketing mistake imo.
I'll bet you $60 this outsells Blops 1.

jet1911

But it's the Cold War... IN THE FUTURE! I'm still interested, I hope they got a bit creative with the guns.

hamchan

Because they can save the Future Warfare name for when it's actually far in the future instead of just the near future.

Anyways as long as it has conspiracies and twists like BLOPs had then I'm fine with it having the name.

EYEL1NER

I like how a few people are like "Welp, sci-fi and set in the future...looks like the Black Ops element of the story and shit is gone."
We don't shit about the game yet! We've got what now, a walking tank and some drone/chopper things? And some box art?

Those things were always quad drones. That much was obvious. C'mon, a swarm of gunner quad drones is pretty cool.
It might be a little cool but not as cool as a fleet of giant quad choppers. Kind of along the same lines as the guy who mentioned the other screen is not suppose to be a tank or a mech. So what if it's not supposed to be, I think it's pretty obvious Activision intentionally put out screens that give a false sense of scale so the people who think mechs and future choppers are cool would get intrigued. Oh well, can't blame them.

Sojgat

Walking tank

Oh god, I love the little American flag detail on its butt, this is the funniest shit I have seen all day, can't wait for that trailer.

Edit: wait are those treads on it's legs? Does it transform into a tank? ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Top Bottom