• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther - Official Trailer

Probs something like this:

XENdsyE.png

I'm totally expecting that. Part of me knows Marvel is aware of this. lolz

Takyon

I imagine we're going to be seeing that handshake at cinemas everywhere. I hope the movie is filled with little moments of societybuilding like that.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Not a huge fan of what looks to be evil/purple Black Panther but not all that surprised either.

Beardz

I can't stand that much green screen and cgi, again I know this kinda movie is only possible because of that. Looks fun, tho.

CGI looked a bit iffy in places but fuck it looks great.

Jordan been putting on beef too or was that also CG? He looked a little fake.

Hydrus

Didn't realize its coming out so soon. Is there a good chance they improve the cgi before then? Looks a bit iffy, but too be fair all the marvel movies cgi have been looking like crap.

Neece

I don't know much about the comics but from what I understand, Kilmonger wants to be the ruler of Wakanda and the Black Panther. So if there is a fight for the throne, it makes sense to me why he would wear his own Panther suit as he insists he is the rightful ruler. I hear the complaints about "boo, evil black panther vs good black panther" but I think it works here if that is the story.

Dead

well not really...yet
Looks way more visually and aesthetically appealing than any other marvel movie in recent memory. Coogler rising above that house of mouse assembly line design.

I don't know much about the comics but from what I understand, Kilmonger wants to be the ruler of Wakanda and the Black Panther. So if there is a fight for the throne, it makes sense to me why he would wear his own Panther suit as he insists he is the rightful ruler. I hear the complaints about "boo, evil black panther vs good black panther" but I think it works here if that is the story.

I wish his Golden Jaguar suit was more differentiated, but if Marvel is trying to save money on CG dough, I couldn't care less.

CloudWolf

Maybe it's because I had a few drinks, but this trailer didn't do anything for me. The CGI shots of the Black Pather suit looked really bad and the music was just a really weird fit. Those 'ah-a's' and 'hold ups' at the start were just weird and then it turned into some sort of Gil Scott-Heron remix? Just use the actual Gil Scott-Heron song man, not some shitty techno/hip hop remix.

The first trailer was miles better.

.la1n

The talent behind the movie is undeniable. I am expecting this to be great. I can't turn down a MBJ movie either, guy is immensely talented.

Simo

Trailer was great! Really dug the first teaser but this one tops it.

I'm honestly not really knowledgeable about the character and world but thought BP was cool as hell in Civil War and everything shown and revealed for this has been on point, bar that first poster. lol

Any recommended reading BP to learn more or good arcs? Or do we already have a thread for info and recommendations?

Top Bottom