• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blame! Official Trailer and Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral

Yo this was so fucking cool. The models were kinda ugly at time but there were several gorgeous shots, especially during the climax when Killy was having that final standoff with Sanakan. I loved the ending too. I had a feeling once I saw it that the manga
was about Killy's journey more than anything.

I fucking need a gif of that smirk Sanakan gives Killy after she deflects his blast. The way she smiles and then quickly goes back to her emotionless expression gave me goosebumps. It was an ever so tiny hint of personality in this deadpan killing machine. I loved it.

Donos

That was actually not bad (Netflix Germany). Looked/animated really nice at times. Premise is also rather interesting and with huge potential and i think that would go well as series. You can also tell different stories from different "humans" tribes/survivors in that huge city.
You could even have Killy appear here and there, still searching for Net humans as overarching story
or show prequel stories how it all went to shit. Hope there is more. Got some Matrix (2/3) vibe sometimes.

Didn't like how they behaved after loosing 3 kids in the beginning. Only when they arrived at the village and got asked about the others, they looked a bit remorseful. Probably 3 unpopular one :)

Btw. the english subtitles are often not what they say in the english dub... that bugged me a bit.

Momentary

Banned
I know this topic's kind of dead, but I ended up buying the digital release of this manga after watching this. I felt the movie was a great starting point for me to be introduced to Nihei's work. I love the world and so far I've read 3 of the compilations and eagerly await number 4. Also picked up Aposimz and it seems to be like it's going to be pretty damn awesome. Right now I'm thinking about buying his completed works of Knights of Sidonia and Biomega in one swoop. I can't get enough of the atmosphere he creates in his books.

Aposimz
Blame!
Biomega
Knights of Sidonia

Is there anything else I'm missing of his that I could buy in digital format?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just to be clear knights of sidonia is kinda different from his other stuff. It's like his take on the harem genre which is fucking bonkers in its on way. I really like it but don't expect it to be like Blame! or Biomega.

Ascheroth

Just to be clear knights of sidonia is kinda different from his other stuff. It's like his take on the harem genre which is fucking bonkers in its on way. I really like it but don't expect it to be like Blame! or Biomega.
Well it's also sci-fi with plenty of action, architecture and weirdness.

I'm not sure if it's available digitally, but Abara also exists. Short 2 volume series. And NOiSE.

grendelrt

Just a heads up comixiology is having a Nihei sale right now most is 50 percent off including Aposimz, which is totally awesome so far.

Oh man, I really didn't expect either of these to get sequels since they're doing those Godzilla movies, this is great!

Yeah I was surprised too, but I also read an ANN article detailing the studio itself. Polygon is actually pretty large at this point, with branches in several different countries, one dedicated entirely to improving their visual elements and programs they use to make their animation. They seem to be doing crazy well.

By the way, we had some questions about the lore/universe... Is it best to read the manga or should I just ask for answers on the internet straight up?

If you're on board for a low dialogue, low answers, mostly art focused manga for quite a few chapters at first then the manga. Even then the manga isn't terribly forthcoming with some of the world's deeper details, so depending on what you want to know the internet might get you your answers faster.

Ascheroth

Yeah I was surprised too, but I also read an ANN article detailing the studio itself. Polygon is actually pretty large at this point, which branches in several different countries, one dedicated entirely to improving their visual elements and programs they use to make their animation. They seem to be doing crazy well.
Oh man. Biomega anime/movie isn't a dream now.
Fuck yes.

Momentary

Banned
This is amazing news. I've grabbed everything I could for Kindle and still want more from the universe he creates. BAME! is one of my favorite experiences in this medium.

I would also love to see a Biomega movie. I even enjoyed the ending to it, but it would be nice to maybe take a second try in animated form. I just love Zoichi and Kozlov and the world they are in. Hopefully we can see this world in motion soon.

Sojgat

A sequel would be amazing. They did a fantastic job with the first.

The OST, while being absolutely nothing like what I imagined a Blame movie would sound like, is one of my favourite things of the year.

Momentary

Banned
A sequel would be amazing. They did a fantastic job with the first.

The OST, while being absolutely nothing like what I imagined a Blame movie would sound like, is one of my favourite things of the year.

On my second watch I came to really love that sound track. And they queued the music at just the right time for scenes. Nihei has said that he would return to the BLAME! world eventually from what I read in BLAME! Academy And so On. I really hope the success it's having on Netflix sends him in that direction after he gets done with Aposimz... which is pretty damn good so far. I'm really loving the minimalist yet detailed art that he's doing with the series. The environments are also brilliant.

Foolworm

It was nothing like, and yet everything I had hoped for. A sequel is great news and it's great that Nihei's works are getting some attention.

On the other hand, I wonder if the ending of the movie will be redone for the eventual home release to set up for the upcoming sequel, or they'll just ignore it and press on.

Momentary

Banned
It was nothing like, and yet everything I had hoped for. A sequel is great news and it's great that Nihei's works are getting some attention.

On the other hand, I wonder if the ending of the movie will be redone for the eventual home release to set up for the upcoming sequel, or they'll just ignore it and press on.

What was wrong with the ending that couldn't be followed up with another story?

Momentary

Banned
How much of the manga did the movie cover?

They used bits of the manga to make this story. It was very nicely done in my opinion.

Big spoiler about the movie's plot.
Cibo is kind of sent away at the end of the movie, but seeing as how the manga had 2 Cibos they'll probably do something with the sequel to bring her back in a new form or something. Or they could just omit her entirely and have.

DieH@rd

Banned
How much of the manga did the movie cover?

Almost nothing. This is a "a la Mad Max 2" adaptation in which Kily encounters one isolated vilage, and tries to help them. Cibo is also featured, but the story is new (basic stuff about the world remains unchanged).

Dont look at it as a close manga adaptation, they adapted it well for a movie format. It is very well made IMO.

Ascheroth

Almost nothing. This is a "a la Mad Max 2" adaptation in which Kily encounters one isolated vilage, and tries to help them. Cibo is also featured, but the story is new (basic stuff about the world remains unchanged).

Dont look at it as a close manga adaptation, they adapted it well for a movie format. It is very well made IMO.
The electro-fishers and the village actually also exist in the manga (Zuru was even named there :p), as well as Sana-kan. It's from the early parts of the manga, but obviously they changed up and expanded upon a lot of things.

grendelrt

More Blame! and Knights of Sidonia? Sweet!

I actually like Polygon's animation quite a bit.
Yeah I understand the anger towards cg anime but I really enjoy polygons stuff. Much rather keep getting polygon movies/series than nothing at all. Knights of Sidonia was an instant favorite for me.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I'm still too scared to watch this. Blame is my favorite thing

I'm a huge fan of the manga, and I loved it. Hits the sense of desolation really well, and has just enough of the best characters in the runtime without feeling forced.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Sanarkand and the infiltration of the electrofisher village is pretty much 1:1 from the manga

grendelrt

Saw these today if anyone is interestedin Blame!, would love to see some figures based on his new manga Aposimz!

FIGURE-032093_05.jpg

FIGURE-032093_09.jpg

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/57066

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/57070

Not knowing anything about this series until seeing the trailer, I notice that the title is pronounced "Blam/Blum" (or Buramu if you're into the Japanese accent).

Is there a non-spoilery reason for this strange pronunciation? Are the characters French???

Not knowing anything about this series until seeing the trailer, I notice that the title is pronounced "Blam/Blum" (or Buramu if you're into the Japanese accent).

Is there a non-spoilery reason for this strange pronunciation? Are the characters French???

I've heard that it was a typo that just ended up sticking. It's supposed to be BLAM! like a gunshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom