• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend |OT| Extended Again

I think I'm gonna back out guys. My connection doesn't seem to be cooperating at the moment and I don't want to make anyone have to play through it.

It's a grab. In the air only DPs and OD activation beat it. On the ground just jump.

Basically the games way of rewarding me for getting 4 seals.

Yeah, it's a really stupid super in certain matchups. It wasn't as bad in CP since unless you had 50 heat you had to work for 4 seals, but in CPEX if you don't have 4 seals off of two solid hits then you suck. Some characters can completely disregard it (Ragna, Terumi/Nu with meter) but ones like Platinum basically can't jump anymore if they don't have burst.

I could tell I got away with a lot of those cause you didn't know about Bang's little gimmicks, which he has a ton of. Kinda hate winning that way. I honestly think of 80% of the rounds I've won with that grab it's because people straight up didn't know it was a grab.

a win's a win lol i'm certainly not gonna fault you for getting them

as i get more comfortable doing platinum's combos, maybe i'll be able to use some in an actual match lol

but fuck if i don't hate practicing

Just got the game earlier today.

Immediately tried to do old Noel combos to find that none of them worked aside from the typical dj 214C > 2C ender.

Afterwards I did a few trials with Ragna then tried out Celica.

I love her animations. There's so many interesting ones that are easy to miss unless you pause each frame of her moves to catch them.

i just noticed colors 22, 23, and 24 for purchase in the collections thing . . . . . . . .

i've been playing handicapped this entire time without even realizing it

a win's a win lol i'm certainly not gonna fault you for getting them

Oh, for sure. From a competitive standpoint I'll do it all day. It's just kind of a bummer from a fun standpoint. I get my high in fighting games from making people guess wrong. There's no guessing wrong if you don't know wtf is going on.

Immediately tried to do old Noel combos to find that none of them worked aside from the typical dj 214C > 2C ender.

I love her animations. There's so many interesting ones that are easy to miss unless you pause each frame of her moves to catch them.

From what I've heard from people who play her, Noel was one of the ones who got it the worst in terms of ASW making a character's combos harder for no reason. I still have trouble with Makoto's and Bullet's new routes sometimes. Thank god all of Bang's CP stuff still works.

I like Celica. I should try her sometime. Easy, pretty good damage, and her drive is way better online than off, which sounds right up my alley, ha.

yea tornado is right..Noel is just brutal this time around. instead of j.C > j.D combo chain its j.2C > j.4D with strict timing on the jc > j.2C

Then instead of 22C > 66 > 5B its now 22BC > dc > microdash > 5A > 5C and instead of 236A > 66 > 6C its now 236A > dc > microdash > 5A > 6C

Everything is just harder for no added benefit, and the full momentum stop on j.D is just painful. Couple how much more strict the timings are with netplay and its a recipe for me not completing a single hitconfirm online yet.

The only good thing is the new j.D combo is super easy...except the momentum loss makes it much harder to hit with.

Oh Noel...I wish I could quit you

RoeBear

I see people playing this on my friends list. Does anyone want to make a room, I would but I can't understand how to kick randoms...

Fugu

From what I've heard from people who play her, Noel was one of the ones who got it the worst in terms of ASW making a character's combos harder for no reason. I still have trouble with Makoto's and Bullet's new routes sometimes. Thank god all of Bang's CP stuff still works.

I like Celica. I should try her sometime. Easy, pretty good damage, and her drive is way better online than off, which sounds right up my alley, ha.
Noel's combos got more difficult because she's been at the rock bottom of execution since CS.

Litchi got a lot easier. I was generally surprised to hear that the trend was going the other way because Litchi's combos are, far and away, easier than they've ever been.

Noel's combos got more difficult because she's been at the rock bottom of execution since CS.

Is that a bad thing? I mean I've gotten Noel'd out by the best of them, but I don't have a problem with a character being easy for the sake of it. She's annoying as hell but I've never thought she was busted or even that great.

Roe if you get something going, lemme know. I don't make lobbies because trying to figure out Japanese ain't worth it.

Fugu

Is that a bad thing? I mean I've gotten Noel'd out by the best of them, but I don't have a problem with a character being easy for the sake of it. She's annoying as hell but I've never thought she was busted or even that great.

Roe if you get something going, lemme know. I don't make lobbies because trying to figure out Japanese ain't worth it.
Well, she never really has been that great, that's for sure. I'd imagine that's still true although I'm not as attuned to the opinions on balance as I used to be.

I'm not sure how I feel about execution parity. On the one hand, it's nice to have characters with different learning curves and execution is a big part of that. On the other, I'm not sure it makes sense to have some characters be nigh-unplayable with a little bit of latency and others remain about the same. Noel, with her combination of relatively easy-to-execute combos, slow confirms, and really janky hurtboxes seems designed to annoy netplayers.

Besides, it has always been the case, generally, that players can sacrifice optimal damage or corner carry for consistency. It'd be nice to see Noel get in on a little bit of that (Hakumen too).

regardless of the truth of this statement (its not true) that would be a terrible reason for the changes.
It is absolutely true. Look at how tight CS era combos and confirms are for Tao, Carl, CS1 Litchi or even Bang. Noel got harder when they sped things up for her but she was always a relatively easy character to achieve consistency with. I don't even play her and I can do her CSEX shit.

Fugu

They've added micro dashes to a ton of characters for no reason like Hazama and Jin.
I have categorically ignored doing combos with short dashes in them online. It's not feasible with even a little bit of latency.

EDIT: I should specify that in instances where the dash can easily be buffered it's not really an issue, but expecting to get one raw with a few frames of lag isn't going to end well for you.

Roe you're outplaying me. Stop outplaying me. ;-;

Bang only has one microdash in his optimal 5B combo, but it's a pretty easy one. The height is more of an issue than the dash is. Makoto's microdash in her main BnB kills me more often than not.

RoeBear

Roe you're outplaying me. Stop outplaying me. ;-;

Bang only has one microdash in his optimal 5B combo, but it's a pretty easy one. The height is more of an issue than the dash is. Makoto's microdash in her main BnB kills me more often than not.
Lol I'm just trying to be more gimmicky. Relius has micro dash combos but I'm still not doing optimal stuff with him. Thank goodness Carl doesn't have any.

Maybe it's better that I'm starting with a new character this time. Get to reacquaint myself with the game while learning something new. Also it's good to see that there's a decent amount of people still playing this game. Tonight I saw 90 people in the arcade lobbies.

yea tornado is right..Noel is just brutal this time around. instead of j.C > j.D combo chain its j.2C > j.4D with strict timing on the jc > j.2C

Then instead of 22C > 66 > 5B its now 22BC > dc > microdash > 5A > 5C and instead of 236A > 66 > 6C its now 236A > dc > microdash > 5A > 6C

Everything is just harder for no added benefit, and the full momentum stop on j.D is just painful. Couple how much more strict the timings are with netplay and its a recipe for me not completing a single hitconfirm online yet.

The only good thing is the new j.D combo is super easy...except the momentum loss makes it much harder to hit with.

Oh Noel...I wish I could quit you

Yeah, the first thing I tried out was a j.D combo and was really surprised to see that your momentum completely stops when you use it. I'll have to look up brand new combos for her if I want to use her again.

I'm probably going to play again tomorrow evening. Everyone should post their PSNs since I don't think I have that many on my list from FGC. Quote this post for mine.

ggs Roe. Whatever you were doing with Relius, do that more. Alternatively, you could not and I'd be totally cool with that too, since I would lose less.

It was nice to actually hit a FRKZ combo for once. Most of y'all play people too small to do them online. >_>

Top Bottom