• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend |OT| Extended Again

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'll echo what people were saying a few pages back about this game being way more execution heavy than previous BB games. I picked it up for $12 from the current PSN sale and kinda feel like I wasted my money. I'm super casual at fighters but I've always loved BB for it's single player stuff, and I basically feel like I can't even have fun with that anymore. Everything's just really, really hard to do now compared to, say, CSEX. It also probably doesn't help that I'm coming off of playing a bunch of Dengeki Bunko, which is "Babby's First Fighter", and going right to this, which feels too complex for its own good. Like, I used to be pretty decent with Lambda, but now her sword stuff is completely different and my old BnBs don't work anymore.

I dunno, it's just kinda disheartening and I wish PSN had refunds like Steam does.

I made a player room; password is "gaf". This is day 3 of me playing the game, so sucktastic players preferred.

I'll echo what people were saying a few pages back about this game being way more execution heavy than previous BB games. I picked it up for $12 from the current PSN sale and kinda feel like I wasted my money. I'm super casual at fighters but I've always loved BB for it's single player stuff, and I basically feel like I can't even have fun with that anymore. Everything's just really, really hard to do now compared to, say, CSEX. It also probably doesn't help that I'm coming off of playing a bunch of Dengeki Bunko, which is "Babby's First Fighter", and going right to this, which feels too complex for its own good. Like, I used to be pretty decent with Lambda, but now her sword stuff is completely different and my old BnBs don't work anymore.

I dunno, it's just kinda disheartening and I wish PSN had refunds like Steam does.
If you played Lambda in the old titles, then you want to select Nu now, not Lambda.

Is this a good upgrade from CS extend? That's the last one I played back on the Vita.
I'm casual and am just decent at fighting games. I just like doing all the single player stuff really.

cj_iwakura

Is this a good upgrade from CS extend? That's the last one I played back on the Vita.
I'm casual and am just decent at fighting games. I just like doing all the single player stuff really.

If you've kept on the story, CP is easily the messiest one yet. The new characters are silly at best, irrelevant at worst, but it finally gets moving near the end. It still has its moments.

The new mechanics are great as well.

So there's been a resurgence or something of people playing the game? I was going to wait until the PC version released to start playing again but I might hop back in early if there's more people to play.

It was on sell for 14 bucks :p

The biggest barrier of entry for most people seemed to be the price, so I'm glad more people are playing, if nothing else.

I hopped in training mode to see if I've lost anything and even though my subs are rusty in the worst way Bang didn't lose much so that's encouraging. I forget how much I miss this game until I start playing it again.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The biggest barrier of entry for most people seemed to be the price, so I'm glad more people are playing, if nothing else.

I hopped in training mode to see if I've lost anything and even though my subs are rusty in the worst way Bang didn't lose much so that's encouraging. I forget how much I miss this game until I start playing it again.

Bang mostly gained in ex

Korigama

Just started playing this after picking it up during GameStop's Black Friday weekend sale. Haven't played any BB since the patch to CS II years ago, so pretty much going to have to learn most things all over again.

RoeBear

it's not like we can help the connection lol

ggs man

i've realized that i really we to find newer combo route, the old ones lead to me getting punished really hard

Hazama can also get a super high damage from his anti airs. I'm just mad that I couldn't get more than one micro dash combo in and even that one I screwed up. It doesn't help that my shoulders are sore as hell.

i hate microdashes

one of many reasons why i don't practice

e: and of course, as soon as i complain about it i manage to get the microdash for the first time lol

shaowebb

okee dokee. Just now starting to poke through the roster again. My prior experience is pretty well only with Platinum, Bullet, Amane, and Lambda.

I like to rush it down and I like to keep it simple. Suggestions?

i hate microdashes

one of many reasons why i don't practice

e: and of course, as soon as i complain about it i manage to get the microdash for the first time lol
I hate microdashes. :-/

okee dokee. Just now starting to poke through the roster again. My prior experience is pretty well only with Platinum, Bullet, Amane, and Lambda.

Herpaderpa rushdown characters:
Ragna
Terumi
Noel
Tao
Makoto
Bullet
Azrael
Bang

Azrael is top in the next version, so check him out first.

Fugu

Play Taokaka. Rushdown: The character.

Noel hasn't been able to rushdown ever really, outside of low level BBCT. Her drive is much too slow now as well. Have to spend a lot of time looking for counter hits

I'm leaving for japan in the morning. I'll definitely be parking myself in front of a BBCF cabinet

Fugu

Noel hasn't been able to rushdown ever really, outside of low level BBCT. Her drive is much too slow now as well. Have to spend a lot of time looking for counter hits

I'm leaving for japan in the morning. I'll definitely be parking myself in front of a BBCF cabinet
I live in the Tokyo area. Hit me up if you find yourself somehow without anyone to play against!

But tao
and valk
are far from simple :p

I'd remove these 4 :p

at least from the herpaderp category.

Mak and Ragna are more of a bait style than true rushdown as well
I'd agree that Taokaka is not a simple character to play -- I'm not sure you could use "simple" to describe any character any more -- but in terms of what a Tao player wants to get out of a given situation, it's about as simple as it gets. Tao players use some combination of 3/4 screen to full screen baiting and some of the most serious block strings in the game to score for hits and are basically useless on the defensive. She gets below average damage per confirm now and therefore usually has to win the round by getting an edge, preferably early in the round, and sitting on it.

I will amend, however, that Hazama seems pretty braindead these days.
Play Round > Hit Houtenjin

How good is Vita port this time ?

I'm thinking about getting it from sale on PSN just to have all BB games before next one comes.

Tularensis

Neo Member
The FGC thread is cool and all, but it shouldn't hijack BB discussion completely, and especially not matchmaking. It's easier to track here.

Because of this, I think I'll start hitting people up for matches in this thread. I'm using herpaderpa Az, who I didn't know held so much of a negative stigma in the community. Holy shit, people in the BB lobbies will straight up walk from their kiosk, or use the "X" symbol when my Azrael avatar tries to join. So instead of baiting people with a Ragna avatar (which works), I think it best to just ask the community here and on Dustloop for some matches. PSN is in my profile and I'll be making a Gaf room a little later today after a training mode session.

Because of this, I think I'll start hitting people up for matches in this thread. I'm using herpaderpa Az, who I didn't know held so much of a negative stigma in the community. Holy shit, people in the BB lobbies will straight up walk from their kiosk, or use the "X" symbol when my Azrael avatar tries to join. So instead of baiting people with a Ragna avatar (which works), I think it best to just ask the community here and on Dustloop for some matches. PSN is in my profile and I'll be making a Gaf room a little later today after a training mode session.
people usually only do that due to connection, not character

In regards to private rooms, is there a trick to getting them to show up cross-platform? I remember having issues back when this OT was more populated getting into and setting up rooms. Although me being on the JP version and unable to read anything probably doesn't help. I'm on PS3 for reference.

Just started playing again after not having played seriously for 5-6 months. Man any length of time away from BB kills you. Not remembering my combos, dropping the ones I do remember. It isn't a good time, that's for damn sure.

Tularensis

Neo Member
The 3 bar connection, and "Fuck Azrael players" message in chat says otherwise. Granted the above only happened once, but the fact that I had to switch avatars to Ragna to get any casual sets says there's at least some dislike for the character. It's one of the reasons I was thinking about switching to a more solid, neutral based main.

The 3 bar connection, and "Fuck Azrael players" message in chat says otherwise. Granted the above only happened once, but the fact that I had to switch avatars to Ragna to get any casual sets says there's at least some dislike for the character. It's one of the reasons I was thinking about switching to a more solid, neutral based main.

Honestly Azrael's not nearly as easy to play in CPEX as he was in CP. There at least I could expect people to get upset, even if it doesn't make much sense to me. I guess it's the same issue Terumi has, where even though the character himself is relatively fine, the playstyle most people have of "get my shit in whatever the cost and never stop pressing buttons" leaves a bad taste in others' mouths. Personally I don't mind, since it just gives me more slide fatals.

I should pick Azrael up again. I dropped him in CPEX and he looks simpler again in CF, along with apparently being really good.

Top Bottom