• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne’s July player count still beats most of 2023’s PS5 games

The Cockatrice

Gold Member

Thanks to our exclusive gameplay data from 3.2 million active PSN accounts — the very same gameplay data that powers our weekly top 40 PlayStation Chart — we can compose a rough list of the 2023 PS5 and PS4 games that Bloodborne outperformed in July 2023.

Here are some of the 2023 games Bloodborne's PS4 player count bested in July 2023:
  • Dead Island 2
  • Monster Hunter Rise
  • Wo Long Fallen Dynasty
  • Exoprimal
  • Crash Team Rumble
  • Dead Space
  • Wild Hearts
  • Forspoken
  • Tchia
  • Like A Dragon Ishin
  • Atomic Heart
  • Humanity
  • Octopath Traveler 2
  • Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Collection
  • Meet Your Maker
  • Horizon: Call of the Mountain

Still baffled that we are not getting a remake, remaster, ANYTHING in regards to Bloodborne.

Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

Last edited:
Interesting because last time I played Bloodborne, I couldn’t find anyone online to play with for some odd reason. I had no idea it was still that popular. So disappointing that out of all the PlayStation franchises, this is the one that Sony seemingly neglects and doesn’t care for. Think I know why unfortunately.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Still baffled that we are not getting a remake, remaster, ANYTHING in regards to Bloodborne.

Who's supposed to be making it?

A proper full remake would be Bluepoint and so unless they rolled straight off of Demon's Souls to this, they are likely occupied.
As for FROM, they've been busy with Elden Ring, its expansion, and Armored Core at the very least.

Neither Sony nor FROM would want to half-ass this IP. Its too good to quickly cash-in on as its enduring popularity demonstrates.

Rykan

No need to be baffled. Bluepoint is absolutely working on a remake/remaster of the game, and it's probably going to be a remake. They remade Demon's souls as a starting point and to get the tech in place. Guaranteed.

You can quote me on this if you like

Last edited:

poodaddy

Me: Please sir, may I have a remaster? 🥺

Them:
Stop No GIF
What an absolutely hideous human being.

On topic: It's crazy to me that Sony doesn't realize what they have here. Bloodborne isn't just the best Souls Like ever made, it's one of the best games of all time, and it's full blown insane that it's locked to the PS4 at a mediocre 30 fps with bad frame timing and a shit resolution.

Free this game Sony, I don't think it even needs a remake or any of that jazz, just patch it for 4k/60 on PS5 and put it on Steam.....but knowing Sony I'm sure they'll wanna charge a whole new game price for that patch, and if that's what it takes then just do it. Bloodborne is one of the few games that I'd gladly pay that tax with a smile on my face, anything to have it on a modern platform.
When Sony wakes up and releases this on Steam, you can guarantee they will have a momentous mega hit on their hands that would rival all time record numbers on the platform, guaranteed.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I think that something had to happened to code or it has some ancient dependency or something like that, not releasing it is weird, given that there were remasters from Sony 1st party. It would be free money

jm89

Easy money and hype for them, can't imagine it taking much effort to remaster considering it's only a gen behind.

Last edited:

Three

To the people using PSN player counts to try and say lack of a remake is baffling or stupid, do you realise that bloodborne was a free game on PS+? The fact that it has a higher player count on PS than Exoprimal, Dead Island 2, Horizon COTM doesn't necessarily make a remake financially sound as much as you or I might love it.

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
I think that something had to happened to code or it has some ancient dependency or something like that, not releasing it is weird, given that there were remasters from Sony 1st party. It would be free money
I wonder if it's also an Ace in the Hole to play if (for whatever reason) Sony starts doing poorly game wise. Their output lately definitely dispels that idea, but it could be there as a lifeline.

Not saying it's already made and ready to ship, but they have plans what they want to do.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I still remember discovering some of the areas in Bloodborne and some games I forget about completely. I had a great time getting the Platinum. I’ve thought about creating a new profile just so I get the trophies again.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Who's supposed to be making it?

A proper full remake would be Bluepoint and so unless they rolled straight off of Demon's Souls to this, they are likely occupied.
As for FROM, they've been busy with Elden Ring, its expansion, and Armored Core at the very least.

Neither Sony nor FROM would want to half-ass this IP. Its too good to quickly cash-in on as its enduring popularity demonstrates.
I know you're speaking truth and I know full well what is happening but I dont care, I want it now! I'm getting too old to keep waiting for the good stuff!

oTaWlfh.gif

Mozzarella

And some people still swear it only sold 2million copies so thats why it hasn't been ported 🧢

Last edited:
Knowing Sony they'll probably release a remake just in time for the PS6...

I have such a love-hate relationship with Sony as of late...

Last edited:

RyRy93

So a game that runs poorly on last gen consoles and released 8 years ago without a hyped up launch is outperforming 2023 releases some of which have been well received.

I’d be over the moon with just a 60fps patch but I’d happily pay full price for a remake.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
To the people using PSN player counts to try and say lack of a remake is baffling or stupid, do you realise that bloodborne was a free game on PS+? The fact that it has a higher player count on PS than Exoprimal, Dead Island 2, Horizon COTM doesn't necessarily make a remake financially sound as much as you or I might love it.

Brother, even if it was free, the fact that its still highly played in 2023 as a singleplayer alongisde big games, means people are thirsty for it. Stop being a debby downer.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Well ER is the best now, but Bloodborne is 2 for certain. for me the OG Dark Souls is 3.

Hey Red.

Don't know friend, i mean, ER is their best selling game and people loved it but...for me it really was just "more of the same" - a Dark Souls game in an open world featuring a horse.There was just nothing new for me between the recycled animations, sound effects and the (almost) generic high fantasy setting, i almost hate-played it after the 50hour mark just to be done with it (must have put around 80 hours IIRC).
I think the souls formula has gotten stale and it needs a good shake-up.

Always in my personal opinion, their best 2 souls-like games are Sekiro and Bloodborne , more "focused" experiences if you will without all the BS min-maxing that many people like and the tens of almost useless weapon variations etc etc.

Looking forward to AC6 on August 25th

Cheers

Mr Hyde

Sony deserves to go bankrupt and pushing pencils in the streets for not putting out a remaster of this game.

L*][*N*K

Banned

Actually what I don’t understand is people asking for a remake or remaster of a game that is perfectly playable 10 years later, when they rerelease games like Skyrim or TLOU people complain and when they don’t people still complain, I understand asking for a PC port or a sequel but the game is fine as it is you don’t need to pay another $60 for it

Dr_Ifto

Are we sure this isnt a spike since Armored Core is coming out? Yea its the same thing, but what was bloodbourne at last month and the month before?

HarryKS

Interesting because last time I played Bloodborne, I couldn’t find anyone online to play with for some odd reason. I had no idea it was still that popular. So disappointing that out of all the PlayStation franchises, this is the one that Sony seemingly neglects and doesn’t care for. Think I know why unfortunately.
What's your blood echoes level?

Top Bottom