• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne’s July player count still beats most of 2023’s PS5 games

Three

Brother, even if it was free, the fact that its still highly played in 2023 as a singleplayer alongisde big games, means people are thirsty for it. Stop being a debby downer.
Not really being a debbie downer Im just saying it's beating those games in engagement due to it being a highly acclaimed free game on PS+ and the others being somewhat middling paid for games. Some of those games like Exoprimal are maybe even beating it in engagement being free on other places. This wouldn't really be indication that a remaster would be a financial success or leaving money on the table. Those playing 'free' on those services won't necessarily translate into sales of a remaster or remake. FromSoftware are likely to bill even for a patch that the publisher Sony has to contract them for.

Last edited:

Still baffled that we are not getting a remake, remaster, ANYTHING in regards to Bloodborne.

Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson
Wait for it.

I miss playing it :( I'm waiting for a PS5 Slim to come out then I will buy it just so I can replay it.

We'll probably get a remake for PS6.

Last edited:
No need to be baffled. Bluepoint is absolutely working on a remake/remaster of the game, and it's probably going to be a remake. They remade Demon's souls as a starting point and to get the tech in place. Guaranteed.

You can quote me on this if you like
If it's a remake, Bluepoint will ruin it.

Game is alright. Played through expecting to get some kind of epiphany from all the praise it gets and just...nothing. It's more of that Souls formula From has been pooping out forever.

Meanwhile the hate the popular Horizon series gets just for existing is the fucking cherry. Can't wait for the meltdown when H3 gets released before a Bloodborne remaster. :messenger_sunglasses:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I miss playing it :( I'm waiting for a PS5 Slim to come out then I will buy it just so I can replay it.

We'll probably get a remake for PS6.

You're in for a rude awakening friend, this, on a 4K screen is a jaggie-fest, add chromatic aberration on top of that and...
Also: 30fps on an OLED is just no bueno, add to the fact that this game had some pretty bad stutter/frame stepping and unfortunately, it's one of those games that absolutely needs a patch/remaster/remake.

Source : me, trying to replay it on a LG C2 😔

Lupin25

Bloodborne is still FROM’s best game, so it makes sense. Look at that selection of games lol. One should hope people are playing games like Bloodborne more frequently than games like Exoprimal, Wild Hearts (even with the online elements), or Forspoken.

Still would like a PC port though. Otherwise, let’s just hope Bluepoint & FROM are working on something.

Last edited:

Knightime_X

You telling me people are simply enjoying the game without crying about 60fps constantly?

The Daily Show Wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
That's not how this works.
They're enjoying the game because it's a good game and there's only one way to play.
If a 60fps version was available, I promise you, next to no one would touch the 30fps version anymore.

I know there's a hacked 60fps ps4 version but is a real chore to get working.
Talking about something significantly easier to play.

FROM's best souls-like game

Fight me
I just played it for the first time a few weeks ago and most of its bosses were of the typical early souls "poke it in the ass till it dies", excepting humanoids whom you gun parry until they die. They weren't bad, per say, but from definitely got better at designing bosses after that (which is probably why new bosses in, say, er, thrash about and delay attacks)

Aesthetically it is the best hands down.

Zheph

That's not how this works.
They're enjoying the game because it's a good game and there's only one way to play.
If a 60fps version was available, I promise you, next to no one would touch the 30fps version anymore.

I know there's a hacked 60fps ps4 version but is a real chore to get working.
Talking about something significantly easier to play.
No, a lot of people are saying the game is unplayable
of course if a better version is out people will play this one

I just played it for the first time a few weeks ago and most of its bosses were of the typical early souls "poke it in the ass till it dies", excepting humanoids whom you gun parry until they die. They weren't bad, per say, but from definitely got better at designing bosses after that (which is probably why new bosses in, say, er, thrash about and delay attacks)

Yeah the bosses in DS3 and Elden Ring are light years ahead.

To the people using PSN player counts to try and say lack of a remake is baffling or stupid, do you realise that bloodborne was a free game on PS+? The fact that it has a higher player count on PS than Exoprimal, Dead Island 2, Horizon COTM doesn't necessarily make a remake financially sound as much as you or I might love it.
That’s true, but I would love to see the numbers on bloodborne vs other ps+ games. I unsubbed a while back when there was a stretch of crap games, seen some good ones since then but bloodborne is a jewel. Plenty of those other games don’t get played even when tossed in with ps+

Paltheos

Still baffling to me that this game has not been ported from PS4 yet.

DS3, yeah (it's the game's best edge over BB). Elden Ring? Hell no. ER is emblematic of From's brinkmanship in boss design - "Everything has to be faster and more difficult to predict, regardless of the tools you have or the limits to human reaction time." That's a huge can of worms in these discussions usually, but the bottom line in regards to boss tactics is that of course you can use summons and long range magic to fight because From bosses still kinda suck at dealing with those but melee builds become impractical in too many fights, and that's a shame (and a mark against) for a series that had always stood on that option of freedom as a point of pride.

Bloodborne's issue is that too many encounters are with giant, flailing beasts and monstrosities (or kinda shit, like the Witches or Micolash). Fits the setting of course but the lack of variety is still noticeable. Most of the fights themselves are fun though and have their own flavors (if, again, some feel a little too similar), and there are enough standout fights to keep the overall lineup 'good', if not 'excellent': Shadows of Yharnam, Rom, Orphan of Kos are all fights I really like and don't fit the beast theme.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
"Everything has to be faster and more difficult to predict,
I’m not sure I would I agree with that, they are faster and more aggressive but you can still easily tell what attack they are about to do and how to respond to it, even with melee only combat.

In fact in my recent playthrough I managed parry most bosses attacks, honestly the only boss I didn't liked in Elden Ring was Fire Giant and Elden Beast.

I disagree wholeheartedly. I have never interrupted a boss in the middle of an attack in either of those. Only between attacks do you have a chance to do damage in the games you mentioned. It really breaks immersion for me.

In Elden Ring the Elden Beast, Hoarah Loux (Wrestler), Rune Bear, and Godskin Noble are annoying as hell to fight. In Dark Souls 3 all the bosses except Abyss Watchers, Soul of Cinder, and Nameless King are lame as hell. Also, I am not too fond of fighting dragons.

P.S. I would pay 70 USD to play Bloodborne at the highest fidelity despite being able to play the PS4 version of it for free.

Last edited:
I disagree wholeheartedly. I have never interrupted a boss in the middle of an attack in either of those. Only between attacks do you have a chance to do damage in the games you mentioned. It really breaks immersion for me.

In Elden Ring the Elden Beast, Hoarah Loux (Wrestler), Rune Bear, and Godskin Noble are annoying as hell to fight. In Dark Souls 3 all the bosses except Abyss Watchers, Soul of Cinder, and Nameless King are lame as hell. Also, I am not too fond of fighting dragons.

P.S. I would pay 70 USD to play Bloodborne at the highest fidelity despite being able to play the PS4 version of it for free.
The only bosses I really, really dislike in Elden Ring are Fire Giant and the Foreskin Duo. I guess it’s a taste thing. I like hanging back and waiting for my chance. Although I do love Sekiro and that is the opposite.

I’ve just hit Micolash tonight. Ffs. I’m putting this game away for the evening…

I’m not sure I would I agree with that, they are faster and more aggressive but you can still easily tell what attack they are about to do and how to respond to it, even with melee only combat.

In fact in my recent playthrough I managed parry most bosses attacks, honestly the only boss I didn't liked in Elden Ring was Fire Giant and Elden Beast.
I hated Elden Beast until I watched this video:

Total click moment.

I hated Elden Beast until I watched this video:

Total click moment.

Solidus_T

Sony and potential studios to develop the remaster are denying themselves at a ton of cash by not releasing something. At least a 60fps rerelease or patch or something. Make one for Gravity Rush 2 as well - Japan Studio games are bangers

Last edited:

Gojiira

Not surprised at all, its unlike any other game and unique even among other Soulsborne games. False Depth chalices really open the game up too, letting you get weapons and gems necessary to make builds viable much much sooner.

Dont worry OP remake will come via Bluepoint and a sequel via From when Sony buys Kadokawa soon enough

I’m might not be biggest fan of Elden Beast but actually really liked the fight with Radagon, it was epic and I love how pace of fight become so much faster with his second phase.
I genuinely think Elden Ring would have had a more epic finale without Elden Beast. Also, not being able to use Torrent in 70% of the game without mods is awful. So many boss fights are better with Torrent.

I would be interested in FormSoftware making a Souls-like cavalry game where falling off the horse is death. Obviously things like melee on horseback and skills would need a rework.

Last edited:

Melfice7

The sweet blood, oh it sings to me, its enough to make a man sick

Best souls game, with elden and demons making the top 3

Im sure sony will remaster/remake it for ps6's launch

The sweet blood, oh it sings to me, its enough to make a man sick

Best souls game, with elden and demons making the top 3

Im sure sony will remaster/remake it for ps6's launch
Alright, PS5 has a had good run. Sony, it is time to unveil the PS6 with Bloodborne Remake.

Danjin44

I genuinely think Elden Ring would have had a more epic finale without Elden Beast. Also, not being able to use Torrent in 70% of the game without mods is awful. So many boss fights are better with Torrent.

I would be interested in FormSoftware making a Souls-like cavalry game where falling off the horse is death. Obviously things like melee on horseback and skills would need a rework.
I agree, honestly I died more on Radagon fight than I ever did with Elden Beast, in my recent Lightning build playthrough I absolutely destroyed him with ancient dragon strike spell.

If they wanted give me Dragon fight at the end then I wish it was similar to Dragonlord Placidusax, that fight was waaaay more epic than Elden Beast.

Actually what I don’t understand is people asking for a remake or remaster of a game that is perfectly playable 10 years later
The remaster fans just want the game, at the very least, patched to 60fps. Upscaling to 4k, adding a form of AA, or any further fixes are a bonus.

The remake fans are the actual ones who you should not understand, but then again no one asked for a TLoU remake and we received that, so the BB remake fans feel slighted due to this.

Danjin44

The remaster fans just want the game, at the very least, patched to 60fps. Upscaling to 4k, adding a form of AA, or any further fixes are a bonus.

The remake fans are the actual ones who you should not understand, but then again no one asked for a TLoU remake and we received that, so the BB remake fans feel slighted due to this.
I absolutely DO NOT want remake of Bloodborne, I love aesthetic of that game too much to see it change like it did with Demons Souls remake.

Either give me simple remaster or patch it for PS5......thats it.

skneogaf

Bloodborne booted on a pc emulator this week so I believe we'll play it on pc before we get a remastered version.

Top Bottom