• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne’s July player count still beats most of 2023’s PS5 games

L*][*N*K

Banned
The remaster fans just want the game, at the very least, patched to 60fps. Upscaling to 4k, adding a form of AA, or any further fixes are a bonus.

The remake fans are the actual ones who you should not understand, but then again no one asked for a TLoU remake and we received that, so the BB remake fans feel slighted due to this.
The remaster should just be a next gen patch, not a full price game

Sleepwalker

Weird methology to track this. Don't care about bloodborne anyhow but hopefully it gets a remaster/remake so people stop making threads about 60fps bloodborne and instead make threads about how whatever they change in the new version has ruined bloodborne.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Interesting because last time I played Bloodborne, I couldn’t find anyone online to play with for some odd reason. I had no idea it was still that popular. So disappointing that out of all the PlayStation franchises, this is the one that Sony seemingly neglects and doesn’t care for. Think I know why unfortunately.
You know why? I do not

You know why? I do not
Bloodborne didn’t sell millions upon millions like big blockbuster, more mainstream franchises like TLOU, Spider-Man, Horizon, etc and it’s a somewhat niche Japanese game. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that TLOU and Horizon are the games that are supposedly getting all the remakes. I know Gran Turismo is Japanese developed, but even that did well enough to warrant a movie.

Last edited:

NeoLed

How many of those players are speed runner trying shave of miliseconds for their board ranking?

How many money those newer game jumping players bring?

We can see these data in multiple ways, yes? Unlike those gender pay gap data, it's totally true

Soodanim

Gold Member
Souls. Immunities often organise "Return to [world]" events where they encourage everyone to play in a chosen week so that everyone can experience the game as intended again. It's possible that there's a Return To Yarnham event going on/recently finished.

Nonetheless if the numbers are valid, it says a lot about BB. Nothing we didn't already know, but hearing it again is more fuel for the fire that burns in protest of no remake/remaster/cross-gen patch

Last edited:
It's DISGUSTING that we still dont have 60 fps updates for a lot of the biggest games from last gen. Most of them being first party exclusives!

Bloodborne
Rdr2
Dushonored 2
Forza Horizon 3
Sunset Overdrive
Driveclub
Quantum Break
The Order
Mafia 1 remake
AC Unity/Syndicate
Dead Rising 3
Gears 4
Far Cry 4
Last Guardian
Ryse
Etc

Some guy just said he got BB running at 60 by changing just ONE LINE OF CODE!

This shows you how little we mean as loyal customers to these companies guys.

Bloodborne and RDR2 are the biggest shames of them all.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's DISGUSTING that we still dont have 60 fps updates for a lot of the biggest games from last gen. Most of them being first party exclusives!

Bloodborne
Rdr2
Dushonored 2
Forza Horizon 3
Sunset Overdrive
Driveclub
Quantum Break
The Order
Mafia 1 remake
AC Unity/Syndicate
Dead Rising 3
Gears 4
Far Cry 4
Last Guardian
Ryse
Etc
ae7da968bc05cd869aeb41365572781c.gif

dotnotbot

Some guy just said he got BB running at 60 by changing just ONE LINE OF CODE!

Took a lot more than that to make it run properly and I'm not sure if he managed to readjust everything to 60. Small things like some animations or in-game timers could be still off.

Last edited:
I loved Demons Souls and enjoyed the Dark Souls games and though Bloodborne was one of the first games I got with my PS4 I could never get fully into it. I tried a couple times, but I need to go back and try it again.

FROM's best souls-like game

Fight me
just got done with it and the DLC this weekend.

it was excellent, but didnt quite have the magic of DS1 for me.

combat and weapons were great (kirkhammer all day), cool to use guns to parry, the lack of shields (because they "engender passivity") was a fun gameplay direction, choosing which safe spot to send NPCs was interesting, blood/gore was good, and the whole atmosphere was great (good surround sound too).

environments were super detailed and interesting... but not as varied, and so lost a certain mystique as the game went on. kinda felt like i'd seen it all when i was 2/3 through the game.
i thought the whole dream/nightmare/waking world thing was so-so. cool concept i guess, but it sometimes felt like padding so the devs could re-use areas/assets. got a bit tiresome/uninteresting.
the abandoned workshop as a central hub was kind of lame. just didnt look that cool, and teleporting/hubs isnt my preferred souls-game structure.
and for me, it was the easiest souls game--when enemies in a new area arent a challenge, the game really suffers for it.

and the whole fishing hamlet/kos/"ooo you're gonna uncover the greatest secret" thing was lame. ok, beached whale creature thing, special parasites or whatever, you kill it, and then... nothing? im sure theres some lore i dont understand, and souls games tend to be very anti-climactic... but for whatever reason i was expecting something... anything.

Z O N E

Depressing how they treated the Bloodborne IP.

Not even a PS4 Pro Patch or a PS5 Patch.

Guess that's what happens when you have 10+ GAAS games in your plans.

just got done with it and the DLC this weekend.

it was excellent, but didnt quite have the magic of DS1 for me.

combat and weapons were great (kirkhammer all day), cool to use guns to parry, the lack of shields (because they "engender passivity") was a fun gameplay direction, choosing which safe spot to send NPCs was interesting, blood/gore was good, and the whole atmosphere was great (good surround sound too).

environments were super detailed and interesting... but not as varied, and so lost a certain mystique as the game went on. kinda felt like i'd seen it all when i was 2/3 through the game.
i thought the whole dream/nightmare/waking world thing was so-so. cool concept i guess, but it sometimes felt like padding so the devs could re-use areas/assets. got a bit tiresome/uninteresting.
the abandoned workshop as a central hub was kind of lame. just didnt look that cool, and teleporting/hubs isnt my preferred souls-game structure.
and for me, it was the easiest souls game--when enemies in a new area arent a challenge, the game really suffers for it.

and the whole fishing hamlet/kos/"ooo you're gonna uncover the greatest secret" thing was lame. ok, beached whale creature thing, special parasites or whatever, you kill it, and then... nothing? im sure theres some lore i dont understand, and souls games tend to be very anti-climactic... but for whatever reason i was expecting something... anything.
That "whale creature" is an extraterrestrial lifeform that is the source of all the mutations in the world of Bloodborne that give both the player and the enemies inhuman abilities.

One of the central themes in the game is how enlightenment brings the player and other characters closer to madness, while giving them an extrasensory perception of an overlapping reality that influences world events.

Last edited:

sachos

People keep saying "REMAKE!" but it does not need that, a simple 4k60 remaster is more than enough. Touch up the AA solution and maybe improve AO and shadows and thats it.

Top Bottom