• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Bloodborne] 4Gamer Interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki - [Fully Translated]

• Thread starter Deleted member 17706
  • Start date

Sayad

The third concept I mentioned, “new online elements,” is something I can’t talk in detail about right now. The key phrase would be “free sharing of exploration,” but I can’t say any more about it, so please wait for future announcements.
This make me feel like the "online element" will play an even bigger role than in the Souls series, love it. Great interview, thanks for the translation OP.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So nobody knows who the other director could be?

It definitely doesn't sound like it's a "co-director" kind of situation. I hope my translation didn't make it sound that way.

He really just said that, in order to deal with his additional duties as president while working as director on Bloodborne, he's doing a variety of things, including having another person at the director level support him.

Shahed

Trophies, bro!

But you still get them either way. Even if you don't have a PSN account! They'll just sync later on when you do sign in...

I can't think of any logical reason to disconnect the Internet completely just to avoid being invaded. And you'll miss out on any potential updates, patches, active downloads and other random things that would still happen if all you did was sign out.

Amir0x

Banned
This is the type of game that just gets more exciting the more I read about it. Every element of it is conspiring to make it extremely refreshing even if you loved Demon/Dark Souls. Another breath of fresh air in this increasingly stagnant and hand-holdy industry, thanks to Miyazaki. Our savior. :salute:

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Can't finish reading now because I'm at work, but just wanted to post and give my appreciation your way Zefah. You're an A+ person, and this seems really well translated from what I've read so far (the first post)

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
It definitely doesn't sound like it's a "co-director" kind of situation. I hope my translation didn't make it sound that way.

He really just said that, in order to deal with his additional duties as president while working as director on Bloodborne, he's doing a variety of things, including having another person at the director level support him.

Yeah, that part kind of confused me too. It wasn't any more clear in Japanese, but as you say, it doesn't sound like the DS2 situation.

From has a number of people at "director level", including a couple who haven't been in the public eye at all - at least not since Souls took off. Best to assume that people are just doing their jobs, and that Miyazaki is fully at the helm when it comes to creative direction on this project.

Angelcurio

That's a really well done interview, as others have said it really shares interesting info about the game, and the interviewer seems like a knowledgeable person about the series. Definitely a breath of fresh air compared with the PR driven interviews we normally get from both the Western press and developers.

As a side note, SCE should fund a sequel to 3D Dot Game Heroes. Also, From Software should try their hand again with Tenchu, really loved the series back on PS1.

xAniki88

Banned
two new artworks

bloodborne_PS4_619.jpg

bloodborne_PS4_1550.jpg

driver116

You don't understand, don't you?

I'm so sick of all you PS plus supporters who advocate the alleged value of this service.
To many, including me, the instant game collection (which is basically a game rental) and additional discounts simply isn't worth the price. I don't either care for the free games they offer or I already own them. The benefits of PS Plus are useless to some. For me in the end it's a $50 obstacle to access mutliplayer.

Stop promoting this glorified paywall.

At least they're re-investing the money made (so they say) into the infrastructure.

Edit - And it's sub per console rather than per player (same with Xb) which seems much fairer.

UrbanRats

PS Plus is on sale for 40 bucks for a year

totally worth it guys what the hell

No it's not, if you play most multiplatform games on PC, and of the bunch of exclusives you play on ps4, only a tiny fraction you're interested to play online.

I would basically have to pay Plus just for the multiplayer implementation of Bloodborne, which most likely won't even be a full on multi, and more some sort of hybrid like past Souls games, which were free to play even on XBL, IIRC.

Plus can be a good value if you play online a lot and the Ps4 is your main platform, due to the included rental of some selected games.

Hellshy.

You don't understand, don't you?

I'm so sick of all you PS plus supporters who advocate the alleged value of this service.
To many, including me, the instant game collection (which is basically a game rental) and additional discounts simply isn't worth the price. I don't either care for the free games they offer or I already own them. The benefits of PS Plus are useless to some. For me in the end it's a $50 obstacle to access mutliplayer.

Stop promoting this glorified paywall.

Alleged? Just b/c you already own or dont like the games you get from ps+ does not mean the service has not proven its value. There are millions of members who get tons of value from it and you are just one person. I am no expert but I think when you reach over a million happy customers your service leaves the alleged zone and enters the proven zone. Also if you already own most of the games they offer that $50 is most likely not an obstacle for u. Seriously though the PSN network has improved a great deal since they started ps+. when it was just a free option it was horrible.

Kai200X

Banned
Looking forward to this game in 2015. I just spent some crazy amount of money for t-shirt that I normally wouldn't pay for. But anyway, can't wait.

Black friday.
Garanteed to have $30 PS+ subs.
He's in Europe. You can't use American plus codes on a EU account.

Although American plus is superior so it will be worth the trouble to create a second account. I am about to lose three years of Plus games because I'm changing from EU plus to American. He won't have that problem.

4Gamer:
This is a bit of a tangent, but your first project to work as a director was Armored Core 4, right?

Miyazaki:
That’s right. I started as the lead planner on the project, but became the director mid-way through the prototype phase. As the lead planner, I was in charge of the setting, story, design, and the game systems. One of the more distinctive features I worked on was the Quick Boost mechanic.

4Gamer:
Oh, really? I remember feeling that Armored Core 4 and the sequel Armored Core for Answer felt even more video gamey than previous Armored Core titles, so I guess that was due to your involvement.

Miyazaki:
But with Armored Core for Answer, we were working on that in parallel with Demon’s Souls, so there were quite a few challenges. When Demon’s Souls was in the initial planning stages, and right around the time it was entering the prototype phase, I came on as the director, and at the time, it was a completely different and very difficult project compared to what it ended up becoming.

Please come back. Bring the DSII Menu UI team with you.

It's funny. When you think about it, Demon's Souls and AC4 kinda share a few visual elements here and there. The vfx on the spells especially look like some of the energy weapons in that game.

Top Bottom