• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne DLC: how to access bloodborne the old hunters expansion.

I have a save file backed up right before I fight the final boss. I made this so I could easily get all three endings. I'll just revert back to that, run through the DLC and be in good shape. Don't really care if the content will be easier because of this. I just want the experience.

Doing exactly this.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I have a save file backed up right before I fight the final boss. I made this so I could easily get all three endings. I'll just revert back to that, run through the DLC and be in good shape. Don't really care if the content will be easier because of this. I just want the experience.

Same, though I took it a step further and finished up all of the chalice dungeons and got the plat as well. Haven't touched the game since I first finished it not long after release, and I'm happy I won't have to start over or dive into NG+ in order to experience the new content.

Though I'll probably be stupid overlevelled for it.

Femto.

I haven't fought
Moon Presence
yet, but I've defeated
Gerhman
. I hope I won't have to start another character because my other save files are past Rom as well.

KodaRuss

Dang, that is pretty early in the game. Hopefully the recommended level is pretty low as well. Not sure when I am going to have time to start my new character.

dralla

My character is on NG++. I'll wait for impressions on how it scales before I buy it. I have no desire to start another character.

How do you summon then? I got the old hunter bell, I just can't seem to use it =(
It works differently from the beckoning bell; you need to find their summon spots. They will be glowing red on the ground and are usually located right before a boss.

I've found new NPCs before
Rom, One Reborn and
in the chalice dungeon so far

Trevelyan

Banned
It works differently from the beckoning bell; you need to find their summon spots. . They will be glowing red on the ground and are usually located right before a boss.

I've found new NPCs before
Rom, One Reborn and
in the chalice dungeon so far

Ah hah! Thanks a lot. Guess I'll work my way to a boss location now.

What will likely be harder, taking on the dlc on ng+ leveled and everything or taking it on with a new character on ng? Also is there a list of the new weapons somewhere and what stats they lean towards, I don't mind spoiling myself on that.

Wagram

"You’ll also want to join The League for the DLC, but I can’t explain why yet"

Kotaku giving me hope. Please be brutal as hell.

Fisty

So the dilemma for me is...

-Do DLC in NG with my Lvl 120?
-Move on to NG+ with my 120 and do DLC?
-Reroll and do DLC?

Not against the idea of another full playthrough since I only did 1 playthrough on launch week, but my backlog is ridiculous

Wonderful timing. Just have to beat Gascoigne on my brothers game, then we both take on Amelia and straight into the DLC. Missed Bloodborne.

Ferr986

So the dilemma for me is...

-Do DLC in NG with my Lvl 120?
-Move on to NG+ with my 120 and do DLC?
-Reroll and do DLC?

Not against the idea of another full playthrough since I only did 1 playthrough on launch week, but my backlog is ridiculous

120 on NG would be a cakewalk. Hell I'm not sure if NG+ would still be too easy.

De_Legend

Banned
I don't know what to do...

I'm just at the beginning of the game, first playthrough, can I do the DLC on my first run? Will I get spoil or lost with the story, will it be too hard.. ugh.

I don't know what to do...

I'm just at the beginning of the game, first playthrough, can I do the DLC on my first run? Will I get spoil or lost with the story, will it be too hard.. ugh.

Here's what I would do. There's a boss late in the game named Micolash. After you defeat him, do the DLC.

Fisty

Old Hunters is kicking my ass. Lvl 125 on NG. That's all for now.
hqdefault.jpg

Fisty

I can just go back to the DLC after beating this boss? I thought you couldn't go back after a certain point in the game.

Like the other poster said, you will fight a boss named Micolash (you will definitely know when this fight occurs). After you beat that boss, you can do the DLC with a bit of experience with the game and without actually beating the game. The point of no return is a little ways beyond this fight, so theres no danger of missing your shot at the DLC.

De_Legend

Banned
Like the other poster said, you will fight a boss named Micolash (you will definitely know when this fight occurs). After you beat that boss, you can do the DLC with a bit of experience with the game and without actually beating the game. The point of no return is a little ways beyond this fight, so theres no danger of missing your shot at the DLC.

Oh ok, good then, I'll do that.

Thanks guys.

Good thing the last thing I did with my new character was beat Vicar Amelia, I'm pretty much in the right place then.

Except the urge to carry on playing in the meantime is too strong so I'll likely go through the woods over the weekend anyway.

wiibomb

wasn't already said that the place will be unlocked pretty early but is more of a endgame place? most people seem to think to just run to the place after Amelia, won't you get crushed because of the levels?

never obvious for a first souls game...

I was way too pissed when it happened to me, I still think that is a very stupid design choice

You
are given a choice to surrender your life or resist. The hub is on fire. This is clearly the end of the game. I mean, how much clearer can they make it??

Bloodborne was my first Souls game too by the way.

Gbraga

wasn't already said that the place will be unlocked pretty early but is more of a endgame place? most people seem to think to just run to the place after Amelia, won't you get crushed because of the levels?

If it's your first playthrough of the game and you go straight to the DLC, you'll probably get your ass kicked, yes, but if you've played it before, I think it doesn't matter all that much.

Of course the optimal route will put it torwards the end, even if just for the fact that you'll deal more damage.

myco666

If you have high enough Vit to tank hits I would assume it will be fine with low levels. Even Cainhurst is considered late game area but it is fairly manageable as soon as you get to Forbidden Woods.

Top Bottom