• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne leaked gameplay trailer (new leak, early footage)

Gamekult ( french video game website ) Spoke about this leaked video and they said that " in the gameplay that they show at e3, the framerate was even worse, But the game was also more beautiful In particular the clothes and the skins. "

Cool !

Ferr986

Folks wondering if Spells were in the game, we at least see that enemies can use Pyromancy and what looks to be Hexes/Sorcery. Can't imagine why the player character wouldn't use them too unless the game is specifically being built around not having a spell caster.

Also curious how they are going to do classes. The old Knight, Warrior etc don't exactly fit here and Sorcerer, Clerics may not make sense given the lore. Maybe class archetypes are taken a different direction like, Assassin, Hunter, Alchemist, Engineer etc...

But didnt Miyazaki said that there would be no magic? same like blocking and dual wielding... yet in this trailer theres is all of that.

I wonder if he just didnt want to talk about it, or the game changed a lot between Project Beast and Bloodborne.

duckroll

But didnt Miyazaki said that there would be no magic? same like blocking and dual wielding... yet in this trailer theres is all of that.

I wonder if he just didnt want to talk about it, or the game changed a lot between Project Beast and Bloodborne.

He never said there would be no blocking or dual wielding. The opposite really. They said that there wouldn't be shields because they wanted a weapon in each hand. Because different weapons have different characteristics, some weapons cannot be dual wielded. That's not to say none can be.

As for magic, the player is supposed to be a foreign hunter who travels to this city. As such the weaponry and attacks available to the player is designed around fitting the concept of a "hunter" in a Victorian setting. There could well be play styles which are similar in function to magicians in Souls, but they will be presented differently. That's not to say there isn't magic in the world, since the setting is clearly very supernatural in nature. :p

untitledenula.gif

That blood.

Love this design. Is that blue wirey stuff fur or is the damn thing made of swirley blue magical maggots?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I really wouldn't draw any conclusions about gameplay from this old footage. For all we know, the reason they never showed this is because it's changed quite a bit.

I agree that it looks good BUT I think if it had come out like this at TGS we would have some people complaining about both the framerate and the fact it barely looks a generation ahead of PS3 + obviously Dark Souls 2.

That said, as excited as I was by the new trailer, I felt it was much weaker than showing a proper gameplay reveal like this. I love everything that's been revealed but I think sitting on it a while more was wise.

We would have whingers.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I really wouldn't draw any conclusions about gameplay from this old footage. For all we know, the reason they never showed this is because it's changed quite a bit.
The reason this wasn't shown was Dark Souls 2. Can you imagine what this would have done to the prerelease DS2 narrative?

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHITHOLY SHIT

I go to sleep and a trailer gets leaked -____-

The enemy designs are so twisted

No shield but looks like you can still block, you can see the character blocking at 1:06 in the trailer.

It's probably just not as effective.

Shields don't fit the 1800's aesthetic as well, do they? You never have a shield when you have a gun.

Do you guys think the general movement looks faster?

Lucent

Man that old build looks so amazing. If they are making the game like that or better with the new visuals then it'll easily be an awesome game. I think I need to just pre-order this on the PSN store now. They deserve the money in advance. lol

Marvel

could never
Art design fills me with dread, I was never really scared in Dark Souls. This game will change that.

Ferr986

He never said there would be no blocking or dual wielding. The opposite really. They said that there wouldn't be shields because they wanted a weapon in each hand. Because different weapons have different characteristics, some weapons cannot be dual wielded. That's not to say none can be.

As for magic, the player is supposed to be a foreign hunter who travels to this city. As such the weaponry and attacks available to the player is designed around fitting the concept of a "hunter" in a Victorian setting. There could well be play styles which are similar in function to magicians in Souls, but they will be presented differently. That's not to say there isn't magic in the world, since the setting is clearly very supernatural in nature. :p

Yeah, you're right. I probably jumped to conclusions too early.
Its just that I loved this trailer a lot (dont really care about the worse graphics) I dont want them to change it much :p

Game of the generation, this here.

After hearing that Latria was a core influence on the entire game, I bumped it up from game of the generation to possible game of the forever.

Dead fucking serious. After scouring all the info available, I can't find even a tiny weakness in this game. Every single detail looks perfect.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
After hearing that Latria was a core influence on the entire game, I bumped it up from game of the generation to possible game of the forever.

Dead fucking serious. After scouring all the info available, I can't find even a tiny weakness in this game. Every single detail looks perfect.

hmm?

Sayad

It's probably just not as effective.

Shields don't fit the 1800's aesthetic as well, do they? You never have a shield when you have a gun.

Do you guys think the general movement looks faster?
Yep, movement is faster, and dodges/rolls are also faster and cover more ground(compared to DS2 at least). The battle system is definitely tinkered to make up for the lack of shields.

Redrop

Wow. Utterly wow. Wows until next generation, and then probably wow some more.

God damn, can you imagine how crazy it would've been if they showed a trailer similar to this with the updated build of the game at E3? Probably would have kept GAF crashed for days.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
All aboard the hype train! Window seat please.

This looks like a mix between Legacy of Kain and Demon's Souls. In other words, the Best Fucking Game Ever. I can scarcely contain my excitement. Gah. They really should have shown this to E3, old build or not.

I love you, Black Soma. You are a good person.

Top Bottom