• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne leaked gameplay trailer (new leak, early footage)

iT4uWAspXmuDm.gif

The only thing that bothers me is... Wasn't this fast-paced offensive/dodge based play style possible in Demon/Dark Souls already?

Which is to say by getting rid of shields they aren't really making the game better, they're just diminishing options?

I guess I just have to trust Miyazaki.

libregkd

Everything about that trailer had me grinning like an idiot. Can't wait to get my hands on this game, it's going to be awesome.

R1CHO

It is very much dated, and since graphically it looks on par with Dark Souls 2 (maybe worse considering the pre-downgrade footage), the progress they've made since then is really impressive. You can even see from camera footage how more detailed it is now

mmm... DS2 is a pretty uneven graphical experience, some parts look great and others like ass, but I would say that this old BB trailer looks much better than DS2 overall, there is a considerable increase of detail in the world imo.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The only thing that bothers me is... Wasn't this fast-paced offensive/dodge based play style possible in Demon/Dark Souls already?

Which is to say by getting rid of shields they aren't really making the game better, they're just diminishing options?

Those game never move that fast.

Jimrpg

I'm pretty sure they didn't show it at TGS last year because Dark Souls 2 hadn't even come out yet, and obviously they didn't want people to speculate about Project Beast and Dark Souls 2 A and B dev team which would probably hurt sales.

The entire game is inspired by Tower of Latria's tone.

The whole thing.

The backdash propels you backward much farther now.

mmm.. DS2 is a pretty uneven graphical experience, some parts look great and others like ass, but I would say that this old BB trailer looks much better than DS2 overall, there is a considerable increase of detail in the world imo.
Yeah, and even the better looking areas of DS2 didn't really capture the Souls look like this game does, IMO, and the bad looking areas stood out much more than the great looking ones.

Persona7

Banned
Tower Of Latria never really wowed me visually. The sound design was fucking incredible though, when I think of that level I think of the sounds.

I don't like the look of the blood splatters, but since this is old footage I have no reason to think they'd be anywhere near final.

R1CHO

That's a legitimate concern.

I would say that if the only design change is getting rid of shields, then yeah, probably it's just less options. BUT, that doesn't seem to be the case, we already know about a bunch of stuff that should make the gameplay more dynamic, not only the no shield thing.

There is talk about less static enemy behaviors, there are the new dash options, the left handed "shotgun" as a last resource for the moments when shit hit the fan, the primary weapon transformation between a long and a short range weapon etc.

I am a little concern too, but yeah, I trust them.

Redrop

There was no hyper fast backstep/lunge in DeS. In general, this trailer exhibits a bunch of different offensive approaches that seem waaaaay faster than any souls game prior.

And assuming that enemy design and encounter design is as aggressive as they're suggesting, a shield wouldn't really benefit the player, unless it had absurd blocking ability, which is what many shields in DkS1 offered.

I didn't no... my PS3 died before I could. I take it that game is different then? :D

It contains a level called Tower of Latria, which brings the game damn close to being nervewracking survival horror. The feelings of oppression and isolation in that level are fucking immense. And it's been said that it's a core influence for Bloodborne.

Please be excited.

halfbeast

Banned

the off-screen footage shows the enemy holding a plank shield. you can still probably use a shield but I bet if you try to block a lot, you get stunned and killed easily.

we'll have to wait and see how it plays.

Marvel

could never
It contains a level called Tower of Latria, which brings the game damn close to being nervewracking survival horror. The feelings of oppression and isolation in that level are fucking immense. And it's been said that it's a core influence for Bloodborne.

Please be excited.

Oh my fuck.

the off-screen footage shows the enemy holding a plank shield. you can still probably use a shield but I bet if you try to block a lot, you get stunned and killed easily.

To be honest I was thinking the same. I wonder if there is still shields, it's just nowhere near as effective this time. The blocking doesn't look amazingly effective.

Please be excited.

Holy shit. I mean this is shaping to be my dream game.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Rydell calling for help

The anguished screams of other prisoners

The Mindflayer bells

The beating heart in 3-2

Gonna have some nightmares tonight.

Latria, particularly in 3-2, had some sort of constant humming noise too. Can't really describe it but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. That was cool.

Also Jesus Statute Arrow Shooting thing never forget.

R1CHO

Wait... No shield? (Sorry havent paie much attention). Is it confirmed?

This game seems much faster.

To be honest I was thinking the same. I wonder if there is still shields, it's just nowhere near as effective this time. The blocking doesn't look amazingly effective.

No shields, according to Jeff Cannata, who was in the closed doors demo at e3:

http://5by5.tv/dlc/24

Here:

http://d.5by5.net/redirect.mp3/cdn.5by5.tv/audio/broadcasts/dlc/2014/dlc-024.mp3

At 41:24

..."No, there are no shields in the game"...

Take that as you want, seems quite definitive, but it may change of course.

Latria, particularly in 3-2, had some sort of constant humming noise too. Can't really describe it but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. That was cool.

Also Jesus Statute Arrow Shooting thing never forget.

One time I was playing Latria with open-back headphones when my window was open. It was windy out.

Never fucking again

God, Bloodborne...

...Bloodborne.

No shields, according to somebody that was in the closed doors demo at e3:

http://5by5.tv/dlc/24

Here:

http://d.5by5.net/redirect.mp3/cdn.5by5.tv/audio/broadcasts/dlc/2014/dlc-024.mp3

At 41:24

..."No, there are no shields in the game"...

Take that as you want, seems quite definitive, but it may change of course.

Also, they are reinterpreting things. Maybe the press has got the impression there's no shields, as for the demo's focus they are pushing more offensive design of Bloodborne.

But yeah, doesn't mean there won't be definitively. As you can see in this trailer, blocking DOES exist.

halfbeast

Banned

I'm pretty sure they're going for something else here. I mean even tonally running around with a giant shield in the 19th century would look a bit strange, wouldn't it?

maybe the whole ds2 shield contest ended up costing them more than they expected and are now not too fond of shields. :/

Oh man, This looks so good; I love playing lightweight offensive in Souls games so this makes me very happy!
I do wonder if there will be much less customization in terms of class though... Maybe it's a different take on the standard tank/dps/caster thing? Would be interesting.

UrbanRats

mzofvi.gif

Best gif right here. RIP bad hitboxes and hello iframes ( ≖‿≖)

Dashing instead of rolling? Uhm... i don' know how i feel about that.
But this is a super early build o no sense in discussing finer details.

his game looks insanely good, from an art and atmosphere point of view, finally back to the best parts (horror ones) of Demon's Souls!

Philippo

I'm ready to jump into the game but holy fuck is the game already scary as hell. Since i'm a wuss, i know i'll go into 5hrs and then drop it because i won't be able to handle it.

viveks86

Weren't there a couple of people who kept arguing that this game is more DmC than souls? Could you kindly show yourselves now?

Top Bottom