• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne leaked gameplay trailer (new leak, early footage)

I don't think you know how things work.

Will have to play this on my white PS4.

What you mean i don't know how things work? Sony makes exclusives so gamers buy their hardware, so I've said PC gamers who want this expect from PC hardware and Software publishers like Steam for these kind of new AAA experiences which they are missing other than lots of Indies which Sony PS4 misses which is not a big deal for hardcore gamers.

Gizzie87

Neo Member
I like the way that nearly every scene showed a different weapon, including dual wielding two dagger's / short swords :)

Hopefully most of that will hold up :D

Dark Souls 2 didn't get a release date until TGS right? There were probably considerations made to avoid revealing the game before Dark Souls 2 was released simply to avoid confusion and unhappiness from various parties.

Yeah they would have been cannibalizing their own sales of Dark Souls II.

We already know they pulled a Disney Infinity trailer from E3 this year. Its really not uncommon.

What you mean i don't know how things work? Sony makes exclusives so gamers buy their hardware, so I've said PC gamers who want this expect from PC hardware and Software publishers like Steam for these kind of new AAA experiences which they are missing other than lots of Indies which Sony PS4 misses which is not a big deal for hardcore gamers.

Steam isn't a publisher or developer, neither are Intel/Nvidia/AMD.

This appears to be the trailer that the webms and those first leak screenshots came from. I recall Verendus (the one who said there's a DS successor being made) or someone saying that this looks like what they had seen months ago, which proves this is a very old build. This most likely seems to be the what they intended to show at TGS last year. Demonite was teasing that it would be a beast of a show, after all.
So the game went from looking like this at (probably) TGS 2013:
iblUUeiHN6V73B.gif

To this currently, at E3 2014:
whhetq.gif

It's a big upgrade, in my opinion. Currently it stands up there with all the other great looking games that were at E3. Now imagine how good this game is going to look when it finally releases next year?

Ishan

The only question I have is.

WHY WHY WHY would Sony not show this just before UC4 as their 2 last trailers?

Makes no sense. No sense at all.

AlienKebab

Neo Member
That's it, buying a ps4 just for this game, have put around 200 hours in Demon's, 500 combined with xbox and PC for DaS1, and 100 for DaS2. So making the purchase worth it isn't hard for me.

I am so fucking ready, wonder what the multi will be like though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Seems clear why they didn't show it with that rough looking framerate, but the art design is looking great. I love how blood soaked the guy gets.

Man

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU SHOW THIS AT E3 INSTEAD OF A CG TRAILER SONY!?
AND YES, THANKS YOU BEAUTIFUL MOFOS FOR MAKING THIS REALITY!!!

This was just amazing. So so hyped.

I wonder how nobody found it until now? It had been on youtube since the 11th.

It was unlisted?

Anyway, looks pretty rough in the video. Not surprised the footage wasn't released publicly in that state. I could easily imagine it's from a build 9 months old or more.

Jigorath

Banned
The leakers are doing Sony's marketing for them when it comes to this game. I know this is an older build, but damn it looks good. I already found my GOTY for 2015.

Somax

That was VERY interesting.
Much more bloody than the previous souls game, and the speed of action seems much faster.
This could be the reason to pull the trigger on PS4 for me when it will be released ! :D

Steam isn't a publisher or developer, neither are Intel/Nvidia/AMD.

Steam is a platform but the The people who operate steam are also developers of Half life, portal etc., and Intel/Nvidia/AMD should invest some money on game studios (or) make a deal with other studios to make some PC AAA exclusives like this.

Similarly, Playstation 4 is not publisher or developer because its a platform and the people who operate this are Sony developing hardware and games using their studios.

Sorral

The only question I have is.

WHY WHY WHY would Sony not show this just before UC4 as their 2 last trailers?

Makes no sense. No sense at all.

It looked like Yoshida wanted to present it in his segment as he was calling Miyazaki a dear friend. As for specifically not showing 'this' gameplay footage, it is as others said, it is an old build that was not very polished.

Toxi

Banned
insect-shaped corpse piles

screaming eyeless babies

electric werewolves with glam hair

tentacle vaginas filled with dicks

these are a few of my favorite things

Bundy

Banned

Because it was an (too) early build.
Some crybabies would shout "Look! I say tearing" asap.

hawk2025

That looks like a really old build, possibly even running on a PS3.

So I take it this is going to be more like an action game instead of an action RPG? More emphasis on fluidity of movement, perhaps combos and all that stuff? It looks quite good either way.

wut

There's nothing to suggest that this is more of an action game in this trailer, other than some slightly faster backsteps. Nothing.

This is Souls through and through with new twists. Combos? Wut?

is anyone else afraid they might do away with the tattered cape? the MC in the closed room viewing at E3 seems pretty clean compared to this.

Persona7

Banned
This is all I can get from the whisper at the end of the video "save me from -" or "keep me from -"

I am not sure if that is even correct, I suck with audio.

UberTag

Western game publishers are under the idiotic unfounded impression that CGI trailers that showcase no gameplay whatsoever is what the media and gaming public want to see.
As usual, I blame focus groups.

wut

There's nothing to suggest that this is more of an action game in this trailer, other than some slightly faster backsteps. Nothing.

Read this blog post:http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/12/11-things-need-know-bloodborne-ps4/

8. Your weapons transform as you use them

Miyazaki showed off a melee weapon that was part scythe, part saw. What was most interesting about it is that players can employ different techniques to cause the weapon to transform as you are fighting. This will be one of the key ways in which players will need to adapt their techniques to tackle bosses, and customise their characters to suit their style, “with each transformation of your weapon comes a different play style.”

Toxi

Banned
is anyone else afraid they might do away with the tattered cape? the MC in the closed room viewing at E3 seems pretty clean compared to this.
There are different armor sets. The tattered cape will probably still be in.

Also, you can spot a character with the armor set eventually used as the game's "mascot" sticking a glowing sword into a pedestal.

Tilian

Banned
Hopefully we'll get an artbook before launch. I'm really liking this gothic style or whatever, especially if Latria is a key inspiration.

wut

Looks like there is a slash with the backwards step or it's a change to the way backstep attacks currently work.

hawk2025

Of course there are changes to the gameplay, we can plainly see it; But it's also absurdly clear that the Souls DNA is there -- that was my point.

What you quoted does not suggest that it's more of an "action" game with "combos".

Looks like there is a slash with the backwards step or it's a change to the way backstep attacks currently work.

Again, like I said, with new twists and an obvious emphasis in making combat more active. But it's a far cry from assuming that it's more of an action game with combos rather than an action RPG, as stated.

My god that music. I see why they didn't want to show this at E3 but it would have been great to release this a week before E3 to get people hyped.

Sorral

Of course there are changes to the gameplay, we can plainly see it; But it's also absurdly clear that the Souls DNA is there -- that was my point.

What you quoted does not suggest that it's more of an "action" game with "combos".

Yeah, it doesn't suggest anything like that. It actually suggests that they are going to do more stances like the Power stance in DS2 when you have enough stats for dual wielding weapons.

Top Bottom