• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

So which can go befriend?

Also when can you interact with the doll again?

Djura is the guy who can be befriended later on, not sure how much more you want to know more than that since from what I've read you're nor super far into the game

As for the doll bit not sure what you mean? She gets new dialogue from time to time.

Sarcasm

Djura is the guy who can be befriended later on, not sure how much more you want to know more than that since from what I've read you're nor super far into the game

As for the doll bit not sure what you mean? She gets new dialogue from time to time.

I beaten like four bosses before losing my save. Wondering when I can level up.

So to befriend you just
don't kill him and run away?
He bum rushes you though..

I beaten like four bosses before losing my save. Wondering when I can level up.

So to befriend you just
don't kill him and run away?
He bum rushes you though..

You can level up whenever you want inside the hunters dream when you have enough blood echoes. Not sure what else you mean there.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, Djura is the gatling gun hunter who can be befriended later on. It can be achieved after you beat an option boss and open up a shortcut to come back through Old Yarnham and as long as you don't kill anything on the way back to him he won't attack you and can be spoke to

Sarcasm

You can level up whenever you want inside the hunters dream when you have enough blood echoes. Not sure what else you mean there.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, Djura is the gatling gun hunter who can be befriended later on. It can be achieved after you beat an option boss and open up a shortcut to come back through Old Yarnham and as long as you don't kill anything on the way back to him he won't attack you and can be spoke to

I have like three thousand, yet I can't speak to her yet.

So the guy on the platform you must kill. The gatling guy above that platform you can befriend. Right?

Milijango

So the guy on the platform you must kill. The gatling guy above that platform you can befriend. Right?

You need to have collected at least 1 insight before you can level up. You'll get one just by encountering a boss or can consume Madman's Knowledge.

That seems weird, should be able to level up if you've collected 1 insight.

Correct on the 2nd point, tho you don't have to kill the other guy but yeh there's no downside to it. It doesn't change anything.

ok forget about what I said regarding playing after work :)
I am addicted and its because of you Gaf.

Now back to the matter, questions:

1. I like the saw cleaver, is there another more powerful version available later or I can just continue upgrade the initial one?

2. I never upgraded my pistol (hunter). is there any reason to? I only use it for stun and it seems to be doing fine.

3.I've seen people referring to pizza cutter, is it the saw cleaver? is it that bad?

4.I've met a hunter after father gascoigne, while the machine gun guy was shooting at me. I killed him, went back to hunters dream and later return to the area but he did not respawn. Was there anything particular with him?

thanks!!

This game...sooo good.

Just keep upgrading the initial one, as you have two slots for weapons it is always good to have one that is powerful and you are comfortable with whilst you experiment with others.

No need to upgrade the pistol. If you are going for a bloodtinge build then there are sidearms worth upgrading such as the Evelyn or if going for an arcane build then the Rosmarinus/Flamesprayer are worth it. But if going just for a strength or skill build then you can pretty much ignore upgrading sidearms.

The pizza cutter is the whirligig saw. Not used it myself but watching people who do it seems very powerful. It is a DLC weapon though.

They are non-boss hunters, there are a lot of them throughout the game and are similar to the phantoms in the Souls games, they use weapons you can and will sometimes be in packs.

zoodoo

Thanks for the replys.

I reached the third boss (beast in the church) and got murdered. I summoned Alfred and we both got murdered. The boss is so fast.

I'll retry later and restock molotov and fire paper. But I feel like facing it on my own without Alfred. Might be though but fun.

Also old yharnam is so creepy and amazing. My favorite area so far.

Pungent Blood Cocktails work very well against the Bloodstarved Beast, they work like Alluring Skulls or Soul Remains from previous games.

You might want to try the boss solo also. Alfred is a bit wishy-washy for me in this fight it's rare he survives and summoning help increases boss HP if you didn't know. The boss AI doesn't handle multiple targets very well though so summoning can make some boss fights really easy.

Kinsei

Banned
How do you get to BSB before seeing him?

You buy the key for 10k blood echoes and skip Old Yharnam. You don't need to make it to BSB without him seeing you though. You can go through Old Yharnam and kill BSB and still befriend Djura later on.

It seems like Djura falls to his death in all of my playthroughs. I'm not even trying to push him off.

This time, he legit just rolled off the ledge like "Fuck it, I'm out."

bloodborne-lady-maria-of-the-astral-clocktower-statue-prime1-studio-feature-902974-1.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...the-astral-clocktower-prime-1-studio-9029741/

600$ T-T

Stat!

]I kinda want to get into bloodborne again. I never finished it
(admittedly, I got too scared during the spider part)
. But I feel like my skills might be better after Dark Souls 3.

I love the lore and setting but was wondering if anyone wanted to co-op the entire thing with me? Is that even possible?

zoodoo

I find using items distracting during boss fights, so i decided to fight the church beast boss with antidote and blood vials only and no summon.

It was pretty easy. I just focus on dodging and hitting only if i have the opportunity. I used 2 antidotes and 6 blood vials.

I think I am finally getting gud. Now to exploring more.

Sarcasm

]I kinda want to get into bloodborne again. I never finished it
(admittedly, I got too scared during the spider part)
. But I feel like my skills might be better after Dark Souls 3.

I love the lore and setting but was wondering if anyone wanted to co-op the entire thing with me? Is that even possible?

If it is like souls, kind of yes.

And I think you get an insight for killing a boss as a summon.

I finally got a PS4 and a copy of this game at the weekend, after eyeing it up for years while I worked on completing the Dark Souls games on PC. So far, I love it. It seems like the ideal encapsulation of the Dark Souls formula for me as I've always gone for a fast melee build.

So, I've gotten past the Blood-Starved Beast and have gone back to Cathedral Ward to get the lift up through the newly-opened door. I dropped down to the streets of the Healing Church Workshop and met my first brainsucking guy (who took 4 insight from me). I've since unlocked the large gates back in Cathedral Ward and can now go from its lantern up past them whenever I respawn.

I've also been to Yhar'gul and had a quick look around after I got taken by a snatcher. Cool area with really cool music, luckily I found the lantern while running around so I could make it out. I'm really struggling when engaging in combat with snatchers. Is that supposed to be that way given my current level (33)?

Also, should I be going through Cathedral Ward or is there somewhere else on the streets of Healing Church Workshop I'm supposed to get to first? Or what about Yhar'gul/Hypogean Gaol - is that the natural next area following Old Yharnam?

Also, should I be going through Cathedral Ward or is there somewhere else on the streets of Healing Church Workshop I'm supposed to get to first? Or what about Yhar'gul/Hypogean Gaol - is that the natural next area following Old Yharnam?
In Cathedral Ward right at the top there are big doors, that's a place to go and there are paths either side of them that also go somewhere. Suggestion:
Left path first

If you haven't opened the big gate where the plank shield is yet
Drop down to the bottom of the big dark drop in the Healing Church Workshop
less spoilery answer:
explore Healing Church Workshop more

I've also been to Yhar'gul and had a quick look around after I got taken by a snatcher. Cool area with really cool music, luckily I found the lantern while running around so I could make it out. I'm really struggling when engaging in combat with snatchers. Is that supposed to be that way given my current level (33)?
It's a bit rough going there when you first find it, but the area is worth looting now, the boss might be difficult right now, but not out of the question - you don't miss the boss by leaving it until later, but it might be way too easy if you come to it too late. Worth a try in other words!
The snatchers are worth farming a bit if you want to upgrade your weapon since they drop twin blood shards. About killing them:
When they go in to rage mode that is the moment to get behind them and line up a backstab, then can be chain backstabbed too!

Thanks guys - one question on the backstabs, how do they work in this game exactly? Is it a case of holding R2 to charge up a big attack from just behind someone? I think I read that somewhere. I've been trying that but no luck. It doesn't work like in Dark Souls, does it?

So I need to talk to that girl again? Or just break the
brooch
and reset the area, then kill the
boar

It depends on how far you are into the game.

If you don't give her the brooch, you can't progress the quest until after a certain boss. If you do give it to her, there is a different boss gating the quest progress.

I'm not sure if you can even get the ribbon right now.

Sarcasm

It depends on how far you are into the game.

If you don't give her the brooch, you can't progress the quest until after a certain boss. If you do give it to her, there is a different boss gating the quest progress.

I'm not sure if you can even get the ribbon right now.

New save only beat up to
father g

neoism

i plated this beautiful gem a few years ago 😍 im sooo glad i still see this thread in my first page...

ima finish meh 3rd playthrough after i finally plat ds3..

😘happy hunting

zoodoo

So while exploring, I reached 2 bosses: the ligthning beast in unseen village and the girl that transform in the cathedral.

Which one do you think I should tackle first?
Also is Ludwig's sword any good? I see it for sale in the shop.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So while exploring, I reached 2 bosses: the ligthning beast in unseen village and the girl that transform in the cathedral.

Which one do you think I should tackle first?
Also is Ludwig's sword any good? I see it for sale in the shop.

Amelia is probably be a bit easier at your level, but it doesn't matter much. And Ludwig's sword is arguably one of the best weapons, especially if you raise both Strength and Skill. If you prefer to focus on just one stat, though, there are better options.

zoodoo

Amelia is probably be a bit easier at your level, but it doesn't matter much. And Ludwig's sword is arguably one of the best weapons, especially if you raise both Strength and Skill. If you prefer to focus on just one stat, though, there are better options.

Thanks!
I'll try tomorrow.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Level 135 now and still Amygdala and the complete last dungeon to play through... I guess the last three campaign bosses wont give me any nightmares, right? I am super overleveled, I guess?

Top Bottom