• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

zoodoo

I just beat Logarius but Ebriestas is still kicking my butt. The worst boss so far, fighting her is boring but she's also deadly.
Rom was boring but easy at least.

salty...

I just beat Logarius but Ebriestas is still kicking my butt. The worst boss so far, fighting her is boring but she's also deadly.
Rom was boring but easy at least.

salty...

I'd prob wait til you have a +10 weapon before doing Ebriestas, also, using bolt paper will be of help.

It's amazing to see this OT still going strong.

If I wasn't so overloaded with games I want to purchase and play, I'd go back to my NG+.

One day ...

Melchiah

Oops, forgot the Chalice Dungeon. I don't think I've ever done any of the hard bosses in there. The furthest I got was Rom, who is even more annoying than his PvE counterpart.

Yeah, the chalice Rom is a major PITA. Speaking of hard bosses, I just called it quits with DS3's The Ringed City DLC. It's just too hard and frustrating for me, and that goes for the common enemies in the DLC as well. I just don't like it when difficulty is increased with putting several hard-hitting enemies against you. F**king two Ringed Knights and a Judicator, that summons phantoms on your ass.

zoodoo

I'd prob wait til you have a +10 weapon before doing Ebriestas, also, using bolt paper will be of help.

i finally beat her. A real pain in the ass.
i am continuing the main quest a bit then i'll do either chalice dungeons or dlc.

Also i started nightmare mensis and getting frenzy near the lamp. I have no clue whos doing it??

Kinsei

Banned
i finally beat her. A real pain in the ass.
i am continuing the main quest a bit then i'll do either chalice dungeons or dlc.

Also i started nightmare mensis and getting frenzy near the lamp. I have no clue whos doing it??

It's the big light up in the castle. You just have to deal with it until you find a way up there.

It's only the very first part of that area that has that constant frenzy mechanic really, once you get to the second lamp it's not a problem and later you can get rid of it permenantly. This is a really cool area, but the frenzy is very annoying - and I don't mean that first part! Bring lots of sedatives and blue elixirs for an easier life, although it's worth putting on your highest frenzy resist gear specifically for those bits. Until you know them well and can run straight through at least.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just run to the left. If you are fast enough, you get soon in a area where the frenzy cant hit you.
Dont bother fighting enemies, they will most likely be hit by the frenzy themself.

----

Now where I finished Bloodborne, I am very interested in a book or something like this that takes place in the universe... Very interested...

Can someone please explain what the chalice dungeons even are?
http://bloodborne.wikia.com/wiki/Chalice_Dungeons

They are optional content, that contain (some) unique enemies, bosses and loot. Some are static, some of randomly generated. You unlock the first one quite early in the main game, then unlock more as you play them further.

Story-wise they are meant to be the ruins of an older civilisation that were excavated under Yarnham that have some background story significance.

Teeth

The other question is: why do I want to do them?

1) more Bloodborne content. New enemies, new bosses, new challenges. Some of the new bosses are great. And hard.
2) high level gems. Strengthen your weapons!
3) some new gear. A new claw weapon and a couple of new sets of armor. You can also get some of the campaign weapons you may have missed (though you'll likely need a guide on how to generate the correct dungeon).
4) blood echo farming. Once you get up to chalice levels 3 and up , enemies drop HUGE amounts of echos.
5) get the Platinum trophy

I wouldn't hesitate in using the wiki for Chalice dungeons. Generating the right ones isn't that intuitive.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Most important info about the dungeons: The first couple of them are going to be super boring and not interesting. The second half of them is mostly amazing designed.

RiggyRob

3 hours of NG+ Ludwig and co-oping with Tarkus. Ran out of insight, used all of my Madmab's Knowledge - still didn't beat him.

He just hits so goddamn hard.

zoodoo

The coolest thing happened to me yesterday.

I was doing nightmare of mensis for the first time. I got to mergo's middle loft and I was about to fight the 2 Nazgul like enemies, roaming around the elevator. Suddenly, I heard a bell ringing. I thought: "Oh shit, that freaking bell maiden is gonna summon infinite stupid enemies again". To my surprise, she summoned another player right behind the nazgul like creatures. I did not even know that could happen.

The other player stood there watching me fight the 2 enemies. After my victory, he did the clapping gesture, i responded with the bow gesture and the duel started. I equipped my axe and repeating pistol. He was wielding a katana like sword (Where can I get that weapon?) with ridiculous range. The fight went on for quite some time with visceral attacks and constant healing on both ends. Finally, he slew me and did the winning gesture while my body was decomposing on the floor.

I am not into PvP at all, but that was freaking cool.This epic moment, for me, cemented the awesomeness of Bloodborne.
I slapped myself later for not recording it.

You can really just stay on her right side and destroy her easily with some Bolt Paper. Don't lock on and just say by her right tail thing and you just need to be wary to not let her get in front of you and look out for her laser.

Randomly generated dungeons that will make you pull your hair out once you see Defiled in the name of the chalice.

Yeah, the chalice Rom is a major PITA. Speaking of hard bosses, I just called it quits with DS3's The Ringed City DLC. It's just too hard and frustrating for me, and that goes for the common enemies in the DLC as well. I just don't like it when difficulty is increased with putting several hard-hitting enemies against you. F**king two Ringed Knights and a Judicator, that summons phantoms on your ass.

You can really just run past both of those. It looks like you aren't too far away from my favorite weapon in that game (and one of the only DS3 weapons that aren't incredibly boring), don't give up!

The coolest thing happened to me yesterday.

I was doing nightmare of mensis for the first time. I got to mergo's middle loft and I was about to fight the 2 Nazgul like enemies, roaming around the elevator. Suddenly, I heard a bell ringing. I thought: "Oh shit, that freaking bell maiden is gonna summon infinite stupid enemies again". To my surprise, she summoned another player right behind the nazgul like creatures. I did not even know that could happen.

The other player stood there watching me fight the 2 enemies. After my victory, he did the clapping gesture, i responded with the bow gesture and the duel started. I equipped my axe and repeating pistol. He was wielding a katana like sword (Where can I get that weapon?) with ridiculous range. The fight went on for quite some time with visceral attacks and constant healing on both ends. Finally, he slew me and did the winning gesture while my body was decomposing on the floor.

I am not into PvP at all, but that was freaking cool.This epic moment, for me, cemented the awesomeness of Bloodborne.
I slapped myself later for not recording it.

I'd assume the katana was the Chikage, but I'm not familiar with all the weapons in the game.

If it was, you get that from an optional area: C
ainhurst
C
astle

If you clear that area and join the covenant at the end, the inventory from the bath messengers in Hunters Dream will update, and you'll be able to purchase it. It's primarily a skill weapon, but it's transformation scales off bloodtinge.

Melchiah

You can really just run past both of those. It looks like you aren't too far away from my favorite weapon in that game (and one of the only DS3 weapons that aren't incredibly boring), don't give up!

What weapon? I ran past those enemies, but I quitted the DLC as I just found it more frustrating than enjoyable experience. The two bosses,
Darkeater Midir and Halflight, Spear of the Church
, were just too much for me, and I couldn't even beat
Iron Dragonslayer
. I don't think I would have had such problems with beating the Ringed Knights, and other fast and hard-hitting enemies, if the combat mechanics were the same as in BB. The lack of agility, gun-parry, and quick but effective weapon with reach made it much harder for me. I still have one Titanite Slab left, so I wonder if there's a weapon like that I should try (eg. a spear)? The Dark Sword and Ringed Knight Straight Sword just don't seem to be effective enough for me, even with strength and dexterity at +40.

So I might have just screwed up.. I killed the hemwick witch and Vicar and turned it night before old Yharnam. Did I just make things more difficult for me?

Sarcasm

Why at NPC fights so much harder compared to boss fights?

No offense buy so far the bosses have been lackluster.

But these damn NPC fights. They should be the bosses with how much skill is required.

LordOfChaos

Why at NPC fights so much harder compared to boss fights?

No offense buy so far the bosses have been lackluster.

But these damn NPC fights. They should be the bosses with how much skill is required.

I love the straight hunter vs hunter fights. Feels a lot more down to skill and timing.

Bloody Crow was a bit of a challenge, probably more than any boss pre-DLC.

I liked the Lady Maria boss fight because she also felt like this, hunter vs hunter rather than a big hulking beast.

LordOfChaos

I can't kill the one at the college :-(

Oh, the Choir hunterette.

1) Use the stairs to block her attacks
2) Keep pressure on, if you move far away she's going to use A Call Beyond which is a world of pain
3) She is pretty easy to stagger, visceral ftw

If all else fails, Bloodborne works in a way to cheese almost everything and this is no different, you can get her outside on the balcony and push her into the water ;)

Sarcasm

I finally got her.

So I
killed Rom, BSB, Father, Vicar, Witch..I think that is it so far.

Now the
blood moon
is up and hopefully I don't miss much.

It said
something about being broken and I was in a new place..what is it and what did it say/mean?

LordOfChaos

It said
something about being broken and I was in a new place..what is it and what did it say/mean?

This one?

https://youtu.be/fWbIZHK3WrU?t=1m2s

You broke the illusion over the night phase ROM was holding. Now you and maybe the townspeople can see the real night phase and the effects of the mensis ritual.

The alternate theory is that good guy-spider ROM was actually holding back the ritual. The other note you find in CW is ""The Byrgenwerth spider hides all manner of rituals, and keeps our lost master from us. A terrible shame. It makes my head shudder uncontrollably.""

sphinx

the piano man
as someone with zero Souls experience and just a couple of gaming sessions with this game, I am thrilled.

often I yell at the screen "THAT'S BULLSHIT!" but then I calm down and think "you gotta admit you were a little too late pressing the right button".. -_- } *sigh...ok, here we go again..

I've never been a masochist in gaming but this game... not sure how it does it, it keeps you coming back despite being hard and unforgiving as fuck. I mean, I died, died and died again... and then died some more and often with zero progress just stupid deaths all around, which was starting to get very discouraging..

then I opened up most of the central Yharnam, got to Father Gascoigne and beat him after several tries and ... can't wait to discover more of the game.

What weapon? I ran past those enemies, but I quitted the DLC as I just found it more frustrating than enjoyable experience. The two bosses,
Darkeater Midir and Halflight, Spear of the Church
, were just too much for me, and I couldn't even beat
Iron Dragonslayer
. I don't think I would have had such problems with beating the Ringed Knights, and other fast and hard-hitting enemies, if the combat mechanics were the same as in BB. The lack of agility, gun-parry, and quick but effective weapon with reach made it much harder for me. I still have one Titanite Slab left, so I wonder if there's a weapon like that I should try (eg. a spear)? The Dark Sword and Ringed Knight Straight Sword just don't seem to be effective enough for me, even with strength and dexterity at +40.

Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords. Halflight gets destroyed by it.

Midir....is just a total asshole. Loran Camerabeast v2.

sphinx

the piano man
People here who have the Platinum... can you guys tell at what point in the game is the first missable trophy? I am debating myself about that,

It took three weeks for me to beat Father Gascoigne :D The first couple of weeks were the worst, but its an amazing experience.

I have to confess two things though...

a friend of me told me I had to use visceral attacks otherwise there's no way on earth I had known that by myself.

I saved on a USB stickjust outside Gascoignes area... I still killed him fair and square, but that helped a bit

zoodoo

People here who have the Platinum... can you guys tell at what point in the game is the first missable trophy? I am debating myself about that,

Working toward the platinum myself and nearly there. As far as i know there are no missables related to trophies apart from the endings. So I'll copy the save file right before I fight the final boss and reload everytime.

a friend of me told me I had to use visceral attacks otherwise there's no way on earth I had known that by myself.

The notes on the floor in hunter's dream tell you about it

sphinx

the piano man
err where the hell is Eileen i've been looking all night for her? I've found Gilbert, the little girl that gives me the music box, the lady that is looking for a safe place and Iosefka back at the clinic...

is she in the sewers with the rats?? they insta-kill me :(

Working toward the platinum myself and nearly there. As far as i know there are no missables related to trophies apart from the endings. So I'll copy the save file right before I fight the final boss and reload everytime.

the guide on playstiationtrophies.com says there are missables, not sure though.

I think BB is one of the easiest Souls games to platinum. I can't think of something missable with no way back that's needed, the only thing is the 3 endings, and you can either get them organically by going through to NG++ or using a cloud/USB save to get them all in NG.

From memory I think I usually do everything up to and including Wet Nurse then save to USB, then do the 3 different endings.

sphinx

the piano man
I think BB is one of the easiest Souls games to platinum. I can't think of something missable with no way back that's needed, the only thing is the 3 endings, and you can either get them organically by going through to NG++ or using a cloud/USB save to get them all in NG.

From memory I think I usually do everything up to and including Wet Nurse then save to USB, then do the 3 different endings.

if I understood the guide correctly...

I defeated Father Gascoigne before talking to Eileen so she wont appear and her questline is gone for good.

with that I can't get the Crow Hunter Badge and apparently I can't get a weapon so I can't unlock the trophy "Hunter's Essence"...

(not sure if that's how it works.. help?)

if I understood the guide correctly...

I defeated Father Gascoigne before talking to Eileen so she wont appear and her questline is gone for good.

with that I can't get the Crow Hunter Badge and apparently I can't get a weapon so I can't unlock the trophy "Hunter's Essence"...

(not sure if that's how it works.. help?)
Ahhh, ok. That's a pickle. But it's really early in the game, so do all the 3 endings, go in to NG+ and get the badge, it should be a 5 minute thing to run straight to her once in NG+

Top Bottom